inquiries

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 09:35 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
inquiries

Hi guys,

How's it going? I just got some quick things to say.

I posted a few weeks ago about my 02 tls having noise in the roof. I sent it back to the dealer i bought from, they got it fixed. At the same time, they were fixing the bulb on the gauge cos my D5 was not lighting up. And in the process of doing that, when i got my car back, the milage display seemed to be dimmer on the right side. then after another day, both left and right side. now, only the centre part is lighting up well. Is there bulbs that i can change?

When i called the dealer, the said that while changing the D5 LED or whatever, when everything was fxed back, the airbag light came out and they had to reset and all those nonsense, and they told me that i should leave the milage lite alone as long as i can live with it, cos its too much trouble.

I think that they are responsible since it was ok when i handed the car to them, but they seem to be pushing it away.

So i am planning to change it myself. Anyone know if there are bulbs for the milage liquid crystal display?

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I would make them do it. If it wasn't like that before it shouldn't be now.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:02 AM
l33t

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a PITA to change the light, but I suppose the decision would be--Are you going to burn more time taking it back to them and having them switch the bulb, or you yourself doing it in your driveway? At this point, the inconvenience is inevitable, the lesser of the two evils being the solution I suppose.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:14 AM
WNC Real Estate Sales99TL

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
They would be fixing it or watching me throw a fit in their waiting room the likes of which they've never seen before. Then the garage manager and better business Asso. would be getting a complaint. The garages get away with too much.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:12 AM
TLingggggggg

Send ittttttttttt, take it back and tell them their job was whack and that they better fix it. Oh and ask them politely
Old 11-28-2006, 03:49 AM
6th Gear

thank you all for your replies... I was thinking about doing it myself, but now, maybe not, since i paid so much for the car and they get to earn, they should bear the shit too... esp when the shit came from them....

Thanks...