Impala SS and the Thug Boys...Taken!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 08:53 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Impala SS and the Thug Boys...Taken!

Coming home from a office function friday night. Stopped at a red light on the border of Washington, DC and the State of Maryland. 2 home boys pull up next to me in a Chevy Impala Super Sport. V8 jumping, throbbing and smoking. He is looking over at me smiling, bobbing their heads to 500 watts of Tupac coming through the sheet metal of the his ride and mine. I am thinking, "Either he wants to race or car jack me." Well I am packing my GLOCK 19 just in case and badge ready for show and shoot. Next light is about 3/4 of mile away. Knowing this particular car engine can be modified to infinity, I just don't know what's under his hood besides the aftermarket exhaust.

Light turns green and he beats me off the line. I am at his bumper then pull to his door in 2nd gear. *left the car in auto* and by 3rd gear I am full car length ahead. Now I am hearing a distinct whine at my rear and realized this car may have a S/C'er. Whoaaa! Must be badly installed or something because I have seen write ups of SS's running high 13 and low 14 with it.

Get to second light there is a vehicle in the lane in front, the SS pulls in the next lane. I get behind him. Exhaust from his car bellowing like a kenworth. He is brake torquing!!! He may have me now because I am not doing that with these cardboard transmission we have. Anyway, light turns and he peels out and I am right behind him. Move over into the clear lane and again at 2nd gear i was neck and neck, 3rd I am ahead, by more than a car length...He gets off the next exit. Okay, wouldn't have done that if I was drinking. I rarely race and think I had my fill of it for the year.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:58 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Nice kill!
Old 08-25-2002, 10:26 AM

So I am on the way to work, 2 CEO wannabes in a Type-S, windows down, blasting Wham! out of his stock Bose system. He is looking over at me smiling bobbing their heads to the Wham!, I ain't know either if they wanted to race of were they gonna ask me to go to the Blue Flame. Luckily, I have my 9mm and my Girlfriends picture in the car just in case for a show and shoot.

You know the outcome.

Good kill, stock, with all that stero equipment, those cars will lose easily to a Type-S. You tell a good story, I felt like I WAS THERE with the "homeboys", lol.
Old 08-25-2002, 10:30 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1sicklex: what were you in? a tl-S as well? Why the heck would another dude pull up to a TL-S and want to race? I personally wouldn't pull up in another car just like mine to race. Unless I modded the hell outta mine or if its someone I know.

nate579: pretty good kill that'll show them to put all that crap in their car and STILL think it'll go fast
Old 08-25-2002, 10:50 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by miwa
1sicklex: what were you in? a tl-S as well? Why the heck would another dude pull up to a TL-S and want to race? I personally wouldn't pull up in another car just like mine to race. Unless I modded the hell outta mine or if its someone I know.

nate579: pretty good kill that'll show them to put all that crap in their car and STILL think it'll go fast
I think he was in his car, and raced two people in a TL-S that were listenin to Wham!
Old 08-25-2002, 11:10 AM
On the way!

I think he was trying to write up a parody of the original post...
Old 08-25-2002, 11:19 AM
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by fla-tls
I think he was trying to write up a parody of the original post...
Thank you...finally somebody got it...
Old 08-25-2002, 02:09 PM
Black is a ***** to Clean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn you guys are slow!
Old 08-25-2002, 05:19 PM
Instructor

Good one 1SICKLEX, but I am not a ceo I am a fed. I arrest guys like them. But let me not sound so discriminative...They could have been college kids from Beverly Hills, Ca. For all I know. But knowing DC area, they rough necks coming back from thier local strip or GoGo Club. LOL.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:21 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Nate, how did you become a fed?
Old 08-25-2002, 05:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by sotiri
Nate, how did you become a fed?
one of those badges at the 99 cent store.
Old 08-25-2002, 06:15 PM
Burning Brakes

From the info-mercial...... " Earn you HS diploma or earn your degree in........ (insert profession)....... lol...

Juss playin...... lol
Old 08-25-2002, 06:39 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by AgentDSS
Damn you guys are slow!
Slow as in 1/4 mile times or mentally? :p
Old 08-25-2002, 10:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
both
Old 08-26-2002, 01:54 AM
Instructor

Hahaha! LMAO!!
Old 08-26-2002, 08:25 AM
MH1
6th Gear

"You arrest guys like them", but them you don't want to sound like you're discriminating? Yeah right.

Profiling is alive and well obviously...... A couple of black guys look at you for a few seconds and it's because they might want to jack you?

Until your post I thought it was mainly just the local cops and state troopers who acted like that..... I guess I was mistaken. Bad apples everywhere I guess.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

all that V8 power must have gone into the audio system
Old 08-26-2002, 12:19 PM
Intermediate

Nate579 is obviously an ignorant a$$. You should keep that bs Glock 19 handy cause if i see you... oh well you know..i better keep quiet
Old 08-26-2002, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by d_monie1
Nate579 is obviously an ignorant a$$. You should keep that bs Glock 19 handy cause if i see you... oh well you know..i better keep quiet
Being the way the internet is I will go ahead and risk this question. Isn't Nate579 a federal officer? If so, I imagine the Glock 19 is standard issue sidearm. I know this is the standard for FBI field agents. Just a thought...
Old 08-26-2002, 02:14 PM
Instructor

Angry

To: D_monie1 and MH1...

1. I am black!!!!

2. I know this well because I have been those 2 in the Impala. I can laugh about it becaue I lived through it.

3.I wanted to write the story of the kill a little differently than usually, didn't mean for it to turn racial...figured there were mature people reading this.

4. I got the idea of writing it this way from a Old Chris Rock bit he did on his TV show, I guess he is a ignorant A$$ also. You know the one, things not to do when comfronted with a officer very funny. But I guess you 2 hadn't seen it. I have a copy I can send email if you want it.

To everyone else thanks,I didn't mean for it too sound that way but I guess I should have thought that not everyone watches Chris Rock or would gotten the gist of the story.

P.S. No I am not FBI...I doesn't matter. I was just trying to make the story funny and interesting.
Old 08-26-2002, 03:30 PM
MH1
6th Gear

1) Why is that supposed to make it better? If anything it makes it worse. I know many friends who complain about how many times it's the black officers / law enforcement professionals that are worse than any of the others."

2) If you used to be those two I guess you obviously forgot about the other side. How many times did you go through profiling, getting stopped for no reason, etc.? Not to mention the aforementioned "....black officers / law enforcement professionals that are worse than any of the others."

3) If you didn't want it to be perceived as racial then why did you put the racial points into the story? Why not just leave them out? And you question someone else's maturity?

4) Chris Rock has nothing to do with it. I'm a fan too. What's your point? You're not Chris Rock.

All your story did was reinforce the negative stereotypes that many of us face on a daily basis. The fact that you happen to be a "brotha" doing it from a "position of authority" only makes it that much worse.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:12 PM
Instructor

I apologize to MH1, for the post. I didn't realize that anyone would take it other than what it was meant, a funny twist of a story. If I have offended anyone else with any sterotyped, racial comments from my writings please accept my apology.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:33 PM
Has been sold for a while

Originally posted by Nate579
I apologize to MH1, for the post. I didn't realize that anyone would take it other than what it was meant, a funny twist of a story. If I have offended anyone else with any sterotyped, racial comments from my writings please accept my apology.
Nevermind

Old 08-26-2002, 05:36 PM
On the way!

Originally posted by Nate579
Don't apologize, Nate. Frankly I think the whole concept of political correctness has really screwed up this country.

People that are easily offended or hurt by a simple things like words should just grow a backbone. A word can only hurt you if you let it hurt you.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:38 PM
MH1
6th Gear

Nate - It's cool. Apology accepted.

BTW, I used to live on the NVA side. Moved away a few years ago. Love the DC area............

FLA-TLS - I won't bother to comment on your "grow a backbone" comment because you obviously have no clue. Come back and tell me that after you're able to walk in someone else's shoes...