IL State Police in Camaro SS- tinted Windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 01:35 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb IL State Police in Camaro SS- tinted Windows

Chicago drivers and suburban speedsters-

The IL state poice are in Camaro SS's. The windows are black and they will race you- and once you reach cruising altitude they will drop back and fire up their cherries on the dashboard.Only thing that differs on the Camaro is the antennas-

My buddy got snagged on the Eisenhower- $250.00-

What a chump- only advantage a( 01' 740IL)
Old 04-08-2002, 01:41 PM
Pro

Re: IL State Police in Camaro SS- tinted Windows

Originally posted by DAY Type S

The IL state poice are in Camaro SS's. The windows are black and they will race you- and once you reach cruising altitude they will drop back and fire up their cherries on the dashboard.Only thing that differs on the Camaro is the antennas-

I've seen him on the Eisenhower a couple of times. You're right, his antennas are a dead giveaway. No soup for him.

axleback
Old 04-08-2002, 01:48 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the heads up. I saw a silver camaro on 90 who had pulled over some poor soul.
Old 04-08-2002, 01:52 PM
Advanced

Don't forget about the Mustang... a 97-98 white one... hangs around 53 between 290 and the end at Lake Cook. NO GIVEAWAY ANTENNA!!
Old 04-08-2002, 01:57 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Birch
Don't forget about the Mustang... a 97-98 white one... hangs around 53 between 290 and the end at Lake Cook. NO GIVEAWAY ANTENNA!!
I've seen that one also. He always sneak behind (between) the two little median hills under the overpass right before you hit Lake Cook road. I always slow down to around 60mph when I drive pass there. No soup for him either.

axleback
Old 04-08-2002, 03:07 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen and emerald green one on I-294, between Golf and Palatine. No antennas and no tinted windows.
Old 04-08-2002, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by goaub
I've seen and emerald green one on I-294, between Golf and Lake Cook. No antennas and no tinted windows.
Old 04-08-2002, 03:13 PM
Banned

Sorry for the double post. It won't let me delete one.
Old 04-08-2002, 03:40 PM
Advanced

There used to be that dark redish kinda color too. Haven't seen that one in quite a while..

AXLE... I know that spot! Thought I was gonna get schmucked there by a county sheriff once!
Old 04-08-2002, 04:24 PM
Advanced

Those of you who drive thru Indiana to Michigan, watch out for the same thing on I-94 right around I-65 or I-90. There is an unmarked Camaro (dark tinted windows, light bar under the hatch, no radar) that cruises this area, saw him pulling over people last weekend.
Old 04-08-2002, 04:33 PM
Racer

Yea we have multiple camaro, explorer, impala cops in Naperville, but none with tinted windows. I know for a fact that it is illegal to have tinted front windows, so how come a cop can have them?
Old 04-08-2002, 04:41 PM
Intermediate

the camaros and mustangs have been around for a couple of years now. keep in mind that they now drive unmarked explorers and minivans too. i've seen a couple of explorers on the side of the expressways writing someone up. i was in an accident and a state trooper responded in a ford minivan. also, my friend got pulled over on I-57 by a minivan. he was cut off by a minivan, so he went around him and then cut in front of the minivan and slammed on the brakes. the minivan then turned on the cherries and pulled him over.
Old 04-08-2002, 04:53 PM
Pro

Originally posted by jlam23
the camaros and mustangs have been around for a couple of years now. keep in mind that they now drive unmarked explorers and minivans too. i've seen a couple of explorers on the side of the expressways writing someone up. i was in an accident and a state trooper responded in a ford minivan. also, my friend got pulled over on I-57 by a minivan. he was cut off by a minivan, so he went around him and then cut in front of the minivan and slammed on the brakes. the minivan then turned on the cherries and pulled him over.
HAHA, how funny to get pulled over by a minivan. If that happens to me one day, I will make damn sure that I would exist the expressway and pull to an isolated road before he can write me up.

Wonder if he has a vette engine under the hood.

axleback
Old 04-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Advanced

In most areas, the police are exempt from vehicle code during the performance of their duties (e.g. parking in the red, illegal u-turns, speeding, etc). Maybe that applies to tinted windows in your area as well.
Old 04-08-2002, 05:19 PM
Drifting

Re: IL State Police in Camaro SS- tinted Windows

Originally posted by DAY Type S

What kind of fvcked up sh!t is that? Is that not entrapment? It is bad enough these fvckers pull you over for the most piddly little sh!t, but now they are initiating races with you so they can pull you over? So I guess these government bodies aren't making enough money on us from taxes and all the speed traps and now they have to go out and actively entice you to commit a crime so they can ticket you and generate more revenue for the city government blood suckers. Sorry motherfvckers.

P.S. If I seem a little pissed, it is because I just got 2 tickets in two days over the weekend.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:02 PM
Pro

Re: Re: IL State Police in Camaro SS- tinted Windows

Originally posted by SoundSpeed

What kind of fvcked up sh!t is that? Is that not entrapment? It is bad enough these fvckers pull you over for the most piddly little sh!t, but now they are initiating races with you so they can pull you over? So I guess these government bodies aren't making enough money on us from taxes and all the speed traps and now they have to go out and actively entice you to commit a crime so they can ticket you and generate more revenue for the city government blood suckers. Sorry motherfvckers.

P.S. If I seem a little pissed, it is because I just got 2 tickets in two days over the weekend.
I feel your pain SoundSpeed. I just received a speeding ticket myself this weekend. The reason I sped was because my girlfriend and another passenger needed to go to the washroom really bad! I explained it to the trooper and he thought I was bull$hitting him. He still gave me the ticket and afterwards I peeled off just to show him my displeasure. Come to think of it, he could've given me another ticket for doing that. But, oh well, another 105 buckos down the drain! Not to mention the 8 hours traffic school I'll have to endure again!
Old 04-08-2002, 06:13 PM
Race Director

Re: Re: IL State Police in Camaro SS- tinted Windows

Entrapment? Over a speeding ticket?

I think entrapment means when you are unlawfully induced into doing something that you would not normally otherwise do, not tricked into doing something.

Yes they are generating revenue, but speeding is harding a criminal offense. I guess I'm from the old school. I'm gonna speed and I'd rather not get caught, but I respect the cops trying to do anything and everything they [lawfully] can to catch speeders. If you can't hang [play the game], take a pass. Oh, yeah, sorry, 2 tickets in 2 days is a *****. Just one will spoil your next couple of weeks, but 2!
Old 04-08-2002, 06:23 PM
Drifting

Re: Re: Re: IL State Police in Camaro SS- tinted Windows

Originally posted by kensteele
Entrapment? Over a speeding ticket?

I think entrapment means when you are unlawfully induced into doing something that you would not normally otherwise do, not tricked into doing something.

Yes they are generating revenue, but speeding is harding a criminal offense. I guess I'm from the old school. I'm gonna speed and I'd rather not get caught, but I respect the cops trying to do anything and everything they [lawfully] can to catch speeders. If you can't hang [play the game], take a pass. Oh, yeah, sorry, 2 tickets in 2 days is a *****. Just one will spoil your next couple of weeks, but 2!
I was asking if it was entrapment, I wasn't saying it was entrapment, because it just seems kinda funny to me that they can entice you to race just so they can pull you over and make a few extra bucks. I think it is complete b.s.
I do not respect the cops for doing this sort of act. It is one thing to sit on the side of the road and bust guys doing 30mph over the speed limit, that is actual law enforcement and protecting public safety, but to do what they are doing with the camaro is rediculous. It does not protect the public and serves no benefit.

Cops seem to be getting more anxious and are pulling people over more and more now. Is there something in their water or what?
Old 04-08-2002, 11:33 PM
Pro

aint that **** entrapment?
Old 04-09-2002, 01:53 AM
Pro

Re: Re: Re: Re: IL State Police in Camaro SS- tinted Windows

I was asking if it was entrapment, I wasn't saying it was entrapment, because it just seems kinda funny to me that they can entice you to race just so they can pull you over and make a few extra bucks. I think it is complete b.s.
I do not respect the cops for doing this sort of act. It is one thing to sit on the side of the road and bust guys doing 30mph over the speed limit, that is actual law enforcement and protecting public safety, but to do what they are doing with the camaro is rediculous. It does not protect the public and serves no benefit.

Cops seem to be getting more anxious and are pulling people over more and more now. Is there something in their water or what?
I don't think there's anything in their water. The fact is, people are driver faster and faster nowadays due to safer and smoother vehicles on the roads and cops will have to somewhat put a lid on it before it gets way out of hand. Even though I don't like getting tickets, every ticket I get, I totally deserve it. I admit to have a speeding problem. Are there any medications I could take to help me?

axleback
Old 04-09-2002, 02:43 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Birch

I got pulled over by him before. I was going down the Elgin - O'Hare expressway and he pulled along side me and started gunning it and then slowing down like he wanted to race. The windows are tinted so ya cant see inside very well.
So I through it in SS and took off. He then turned his lights on and pulled me over.

He came to car window and said that I shouldnt pay attention to the actions of other drivers. He then told me to slow it down and to have a nice day. I guess I got lucky.
Old 04-09-2002, 01:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Man you got lucky dude! I was driving my dad's max in the summer of 2000 going down Deerfield road Eastbound right at the Milwaukee intersection in the right lane. I was going the speed of traffic while some guy in a jag s type is doing 60 in the left lane AND goes through the light. Anyway, this cop on a bike(motorcycle... although I know someone else that got pulled over by a mountain bike though...really funny ) pulls me over and gives me a ticket for no reason. I ask him why he didn't pull the other guy over and he asks me how do I feel about getting this ticket. (Complete B.S) Anyway I tell him I didn't feel I deserved it and he says well its too bad because you got one for speeding anyway. We go at it for like 5 mins until I realize I wasn't getting anywhere and figured out it was my word against his. 75.00 for some b.s I didn't even deserve. I was doing like 49 in 45 mph zone but he says I was doing 56. This whole ordeal makes justa as little sense today as it did almost two years ago. If anyone wants to know about that guy that got pulled over by the cop on the mountain bike........let me know...I'll be glad to tell :p
Old 04-09-2002, 01:22 PM
Pro

Originally posted by tiguy99
If anyone wants to know about that guy that got pulled over by the cop on the mountain bike........let me know...I'll be glad to tell :p
Let's hear it. Gotta be funny.

Axleback
Old 04-09-2002, 01:49 PM
Banned

Man you got lucky dude! I was driving my dad's max in the summer of 2000 going down Deerfield road Eastbound right at the Milwaukee intersection in the right lane. I was going the speed of traffic while some guy in a jag s type is doing 60 in the left lane AND goes through the light. Anyway, this cop on a bike(motorcycle... although I know someone else that got pulled over by a mountain bike though...really funny ) pulls me over and gives me a ticket for no reason. I ask him why he didn't pull the other guy over and he asks me how do I feel about getting this ticket. (Complete B.S) Anyway I tell him I didn't feel I deserved it and he says well its too bad because you got one for speeding anyway. We go at it for like 5 mins until I realize I wasn't getting anywhere and figured out it was my word against his. 75.00 for some b.s I didn't even deserve. I was doing like 49 in 45 mph zone but he says I was doing 56. This whole ordeal makes justa as little sense today as it did almost two years ago. If anyone wants to know about that guy that got pulled over by the cop on the mountain bike........let me know...I'll be glad to tell :p
I drive through that intersection everyday on my way to work. Cops are often hiding in that area. That intersection used to back up quite a bit because of eastbound traffic on Deerfield road. They used to catch people cutting through parking lots to avoid the light.
Old 04-09-2002, 04:52 PM
Drifting

I drive through that intersection everyday on my way to work. Cops are often hiding in that area. That intersection used to back up quite a bit because of eastbound traffic on Deerfield road. They used to catch people cutting through parking lots to avoid the light.
So now it is not ok to drive through a parking lot?
Old 04-09-2002, 04:55 PM
Banned

So now it is not ok to drive through a parking lot?
In most states, it is illegal to cut through a parking lot for the sole purpose of avoiding a traffic light. I'm not defending it, just stating fact.

Think about it. Light turns red and everyone starts cutting through a parking lot to bypass the light.
Old 04-09-2002, 05:14 PM
Drifting

It is kinda ridiculous. I mean, if it was a huge problem and it was causing adverse effects for the businesses around the parking lot or was a danger to pedestrians in the parking lot then I could understand it. If it is just a few people cutting through though, then I don't know what is wrong with that.
Old 04-09-2002, 05:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

...I was going the speed of traffic while some guy in a jag s type is doing 60 in the left lane AND goes through the light. Anyway, this cop on a bike(motorcycle... although I know someone else that got pulled over by a mountain bike though...really funny ) pulls me over and gives me a ticket for no reason. I ask him why he didn't pull the other guy over and he asks me how do I feel about getting this ticket. (Complete B.S) Anyway I tell him I didn't feel I deserved it and he says well its too bad because you got one for speeding anyway...
Maybe you shoulda told him that maybe next time you'll just run the red like the Jaguar did since it appears that you won't get pulled over for doing that...

Tony
Old 04-09-2002, 06:25 PM
Racer

FLorida state troopers have a fleet of those tricked out camaro SS's also. i passed their orlando headquarters on 436 and saw 15-20 parked in the lot. Spoke to a deputy down here and he said they have more work under the hood, better suspension, etc than an camaro ss in a dealer's lot