ignition failure

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 09:31 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ignition failure

i have an 03 tls and when i got into my car after work i turned the key and the engine wouldn't start. there wasn't anything abnormal about the turning of the engine, it just wouldn't start up.. i turned the key to the off position and then tried again.. same thing... the third time, i left the key in the on position for about 5 seconds and after a lil choking.. it turned...

i called the dealer at palm springs, which is the WORST acura in america, but he was saying how the immobilizer might be the problem... cause of other things on the keychain or whatever, the chip in the key might now be connecting to the immobilizer correctly.. i thought ok what a frickin run around...

so my question is.. has anyhow had this same problem?

also i did notice that when first inserting key and putting it to on position, the green key symbol on the dash illuminates and then turns off in about 2 seconds...

ive had 3 cars all with factory immobilier and none need a prolonged turn into the on position and then start...

what is going on?
Old 11-14-2002, 11:17 PM
Instructor

it had happened to me sometime ago. think it happened twice.
When i brought my car in to dealer for other issues, I asked the Acura guy and he pretty much told me the same thing--immobilizer chip in key this and that...wrong type of fuel...told me to stay away from Hess... They ran a check up on that and came up with nothing... it's been fine since then...

so, you are not alone...
Old 11-15-2002, 12:59 AM
Instructor

what happened to the invincible quality of honda/acura?
btw

NEVER GO TO PALM SPRINGS ACURA, WORST SERVICE AND SALES

WORST ACURA EVER IS PALM SPRINGS AREA...

does anyone know the phone # and address to Acura HQ and an effective method of communicating this problem with service?

will my b#tching really accomplish anything?
Old 11-15-2002, 01:59 AM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

call acura, it is in your manual, or just call roadside assistance Acura TLC service. Complaining about a dealership always helps, but i doubt much will happen. if many complain, then that's a different story.
BTW, Everyone should know that dealerships are constantly checked for proper conduct and kind customer care. When i was in for service, some dude from acura was touring the dealership, and the head manager was trying to make a good impression(suckup!)