If I use Zaino Car Polish, Do I need a Wax??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question If I use Zaino Car Polish, Do I need a Wax??

Okay, I know that a polish is different than a wax. My sources tell me that I need a wax on top of the Polish for real protection.

Because I live in AZ, protection of the paint is real important. Any thoughts?

If I do put a coat of wax on top of the polish, what kind? How many coats? Does this take away from the shine?
Old 04-24-2001, 03:07 PM

Zaino says no to waxing. Their product is better than a wax.

Old 04-24-2001, 03:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMHO: There has been a shift in recent years and a blurring of the terms wax and polish. Years ago, there was definitely a difference and you bought different products to perform different tasks. I no longer think that is necessarily true. Thus, with many of the polishes, you don't need to use a wax in addition.
Old 04-24-2001, 03:30 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Can I buy this Zaino polisher from any auto stores like Pepboys or do I need to order online? Thanks!

------------------
2002 Black on Black TL TypeS

Old 04-24-2001, 04:25 PM

Cool

Originally posted by TypeSDragon:
Can I buy this Zaino polisher from any auto stores like Pepboys or do I need to order online? Thanks!

Should be pretty good stuff from what all the CL guys say
Old 04-24-2001, 04:31 PM
Instructor

http://www.zainobros.com and you can call them and they will tell you where to get it from..

Originally posted by TypeSDragon:

------------------
dagg
2002 TL Black, Parchment, Navi!
100% Stock, except for the odometer, it keeps getting higher..
Old 04-24-2001, 05:23 PM
Instructor

I buy my Zaino Bros stuff from
http://www.ecklers.com

This is a mainly a corvette parts catalog site, but it has Zaino Brothers stuff (and you can just order it online and have it sent)

I guess I"ll just stick to the zaino bros and no wax. I hope that is enough protection and lasts
Old 04-24-2001, 05:24 PM
Racer

You can get zaino from http://www.zainobros.com
or finish first from http://www.finishfirstpolish.com

They are both the best IMO.
Finish first is easier to apply (good for lazy bum like me), zaino is easier to buff off. I can not tell the different in the wet look. They are pretty much the same price as well.
Old 04-24-2001, 06:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Zaino is a SHOW CAR POLISH
Here is what it says on the bottle #Z2 For CLEAR COATED FINISHES
WETTEST -LOOKING LONGEST LASTING FINISH PROTECTION IN THE INDUSTRY.

ULTRA-GUARD UV SUNSCREEN SHIELD.
EXTREMLY EASY TO USE.
CONTAINS NO SILICONE OILS OR ABRASIVES
LEAVES NO FILM POWDER OR WHITE RESIDUE.
GETS DEEPER & RICHER WITH MULTIPLE COATS.
Now on the SHOW CAR WASH
CONTAINS POLISH & UV BLOCKERS
LUBRICATES PAINTED SURFACES
LEAVES A POLISH LOOK
NO ACIDS OR ALKALINES
NON STREAKING NON SCRATCHING
RINSES COMPLETELY

------------------
2000 3.2TL Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Navigation/ Optional Factory Chrome Multi Spoke 16" Wheels/Factory Underbody Kit/Factory Spoiler/Moonroof Visor/Factory 6-CD Changer/Trunk Mat/Factory Black Wheel Well Trim/Clifford IG8000 Alarm System w/add-ons/51% Tint/Weathertech Floormats /Michelin Arcctic Alpin Winter Tires on Stock Wheels/Factory Car Cover/Factory Gold Emblems Grille & Exhaust Tips
Old 04-24-2001, 06:59 PM
Racer

which zaino products do you guys think it's necessary to order? please help me out what to use, this is my first time to use this product since most of you guys suggest it. thanks!
Old 04-24-2001, 07:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by bryce11:
which zaino products do you guys think it's necessary to order? please help me out what to use, this is my first time to use this product since most of you guys suggest it. thanks!
Just go to the www.zainbros.com & read the info. The only thing make sure when you order get the #Z2 Polish for CLEAR COAT FINISHES. Get just about everything they say do just order the #Z2 polish thats for our cars. Get what you can afford 2 bottles of wash will last awhile. The gloss Enhancer I ordered 3 bottles last year. I have not done much with my car during the winter but Iam going to get some more soon.Here is what you should need to start #Z1, #Z2, #Z5, Z6, #Z7 they say they have a new clay bar #Z-18 but I don't know what makes it any better than some bar you can buy at the auto store.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by FTM-1 on April 24, 2001 @ ]</font>

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by FTM-1 on April 24, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-24-2001, 07:36 PM
Instructor

Question

Clay Bar?

Educate me..

Originally posted by FTM-1:
..... is what you should need to start #Z1, #Z2, #Z5, Z6, #Z7 they say they have a new clay bar #Z-18 but I don't know what makes it any better than some bar you can buy at the auto store.

[/B]

------------------
Old 04-24-2001, 08:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by dagg:
Clay Bar?

Educate me..

Its some type of clay that when rubbed over the cars surface removes contaminants.You can mold it like play dough you can find clay bars in auto stores.I think most of them want you to use spray detailer when rubbing the bar over the car. I have one here that came with a bottle meguiars wax that I used on my previos car.

Old 04-24-2001, 09:17 PM
Racer

FTM-1,
THANKS! for the info. i will be placing my order from zaino.
Old 04-25-2001, 01:15 AM
Racer

Hands down the best polish I've ever used! No joke! It even seems to keep the dust from attracting on my TL-S. Looks amazing on dark colors.

Um you can't buy it at Pep Boys....Only from their web site or a local zaino bros. distributor.
www.zainobros.com

Our cars have a clear coat on top of the paint to protect it... so the polish will work just as good as any wax would.

The polish is so slick nothing seems to stick to it...aka bugs/tree sap, and what does comes off pretty easy

Old 04-25-2001, 05:09 AM
Cruisin'

If you live near a Costco (Price Club), check there first. I noticed they had Zaino polish in the local Northern VA (Sterling) store last week. Unfortunately, I don't remember the price.
Old 04-25-2001, 06:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Call Sal at Zaino. He'll tell you who carried it in your area. He's a really nice guy. He'll talk to you for hours about his products and how to use.

------------------
1999 Satin Silver Metallic 3.2 TL w/o Navigation
  • 18x8 Racing Hart C2s with 225/40ZR18 Dunlop SP Sport 9000
  • Comptech Springs, Sways, Exhaust, and Headers
  • Red AEM CAI w/bypass valve
  • A'PEXi Digital VTEC AFC
  • Denso Iridium Plugs
  • Mugen Grill
  • Inspire Tail Lights
  • Factory Underbody Kit and Spoiler
  • Clifford Intelliguard 9000 Alarm w/SmartWindows II
  • Alpine 6 disk CD Changer
  • BEL 945i Cordless Radar Detector
  • Burlwood Shift Knob & Trunk Tray
  • 20% tint
Old 04-25-2001, 09:23 AM

Is anyone else using Mothers" products. Zaino is not available in Toronto and cannot be purchased on line.

I have a silver car and I cannot imagine Zaino providing any more of a "wet" look that I get from using Mothers.

Any comments?
Old 04-25-2001, 09:38 AM
Instructor

You guys should see the NEW Zaino product that is coming out. It is an additive you use to the Z2,Z5 products and you no longer have to wait that 24 hours between coats! Car will be shinier than ever if you use this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sal is awesome. Be sure you follow the Tips and Tricks page on their site... and if its your first time applying Zaino.. do a couple coats of Z5 to protect from scartches.. as directed by Sal himself.. then Z2 to bring out the brilliance, deepness and shine...

-Eric
Old 04-25-2001, 10:37 AM
Racer

Originally posted by bluefrank:
Hands down the best polish I've ever used! No joke! It even seems to keep the dust from attracting on my TL-S. Looks amazing on dark colors.

Um you can't buy it at Pep Boys....Only from their web site or a local zaino bros. distributor.
www.zainobros.com

Our cars have a clear coat on top of the paint to protect it... so the polish will work just as good as any wax would.

The polish is so slick nothing seems to stick to it...aka bugs/tree sap, and what does comes off pretty easy
You are kidding.....zaino in costco?
Old 04-25-2001, 01:34 PM
Cruisin'

Thumbs down

Forget what I said about Zaino being available in Costco -- it's Zymol Cleaner Wax (2-16oz for $14.79) that's at Costco. There should only be one wax/polish that starts with the letter "Z".
Sorry for my confusion...
Old 04-25-2001, 02:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Smile

Originally posted by Chief_C:
Forget what I said about Zaino being available in Costco -- it's Zymol Cleaner Wax (2-16oz for $14.79) that's at Costco. There should only be one wax/polish that starts with the letter "Z".
Sorry for my confusion...
Thats the Cheap Zymol for lighter color cars. When you get into the pure Zymol wax you pay $40.00 for 8oz. The price on Zymol goes up from there to over $1,000.00 for the special waxes. I could not think of paying a grand for wax.But they have some special waxes for all kinds of cars.They have one that is only for the Acura NSX & another for Bently. They also make some for SABB & some for older model Japan cars. I have some in the ice box that I used on my last car CARBON for darker color cars.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by FTM-1 on April 25, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-25-2001, 05:01 PM
Instructor

Thats the Cheap Zymol for lighter color cars. When you get into the pure Zymol wax you pay $40.00 for 8oz. The price on Zymol goes up from there to over $1,000.00 for the special waxes. I could not think of paying a grand for wax.But they have some special waxes for all kinds of cars.They have one that is only for the Acura NSX & another for Bently. They also make some for SABB & some for older model Japan cars. I have some in the ice box that I used on my last car CARBON for darker color cars.
<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by FTM-1 on April 25, 2001 @ ]</font>
How is the real Zymol stuff? Is it even worth that kind of money? I don't see justifying for that stuff unless it was far superior.

Old 04-26-2001, 09:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by JTang:
How is the real Zymol stuff? Is it even worth that kind of money? I don't see justifying for that stuff unless it was far superior.

Here is a few sites on zymol www.zymol.com/crecar2.htm www.zymol.com
This is wax not polish the stuff that Costco probaly had was the cheaper wax used for lighter color cars. I had some that I used on my aunts white Buick. I also still have the more exspensive kind that I used on my burgundy 94 Accord. It did bring out the color in that car.

Old 04-26-2001, 12:58 PM
Pro

Smile

For what it's worth;
http://carcareonline.com/index.html

Old 04-28-2001, 08:26 PM

Thumbs up

Finish First Polish was voted best paint care product in May issue of Corvette Fever.