Ideas for mounting front license plate?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 10:21 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Ideas for mounting front license plate?

Ok, so I originally had my front license plate tucked under my front bumper real nice ... But then I added the OEM Body kit and my front plate no longer fits under there. Here's two quick pics for comparison:

Old front plate mounting, underneath front bumper:

I couldn't do that with the OEM front lip, but I didn't want to put the plate back where it belongs. So I flipped it instead and used longer bolts like most people do .. but then it doesn't fit right, it kindof angles up. I know some people drilled into their bumper, but I'm not really willing to do any drilling in there... I was thinking of getting the grilletech front grill just to be able to wire tie the license plate to it... Would that work? ... If anyone has any ideas on how I can mount the front plate w/o it looking dumb or drilling into the bumper please let me know!

Even if there's a better license plate holder that will fit the car and look better I'd consider that.

Here's what it looks like now... you can see the plate sticks up kindof ... driving me nuts!

Old 07-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Kollage is funn!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude-------that looks sick as hell....that front end looks awesome. love the lights. why put the front plate?....i should and i don't...never gotten pulled over yet...well, i have twice and ticketed once, and they didn't say anything about it. (and yes i'm supposed to have it). i say just leave it off for a while and see what happens.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, my car came original like this...
Old 07-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

redrill the mounting hole on the lic bracket..
drill closer the plate ...
Old 07-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Peach Tea

i'm in va and i had my front plate off for like 4 months, THEN one day i got pulled over by a cop on a motorcycle who just happend to be friends of my parents. he told me its one of his pet peeves to see a car w/o a front plate and to put mine back on. then he was like "tell ur parents i said hi".

i hate the front plate law.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by badazzTL
i'm in va and i had my front plate off for like 4 months, THEN one day i got pulled over by a cop on a motorcycle who just happend to be friends of my parents. he told me its one of his pet peeves to see a car w/o a front plate and to put mine back on. then he was like "tell ur parents i said hi".

i hate the front plate law.
Yeah if it weren't for cops hassling you when you don't have a front plate then I wouldn't worry about it .. I know someone who's gotten a ticket twice in the past 2 weeks on Rt.95 for it.

DavidLammy - The way you've got your front plate on is the "right" way. But you lose the flow of the car because you're blocking the "point" that the car comes to on the bumper. Not to mention it probably scratches the hell out of your bumper.

I think I looked into drilling the actual license plate holder itself, but if I did that it looked like it'd fall apart into pieces. I'll take another look and see.

Anyone else have any other ideas?
Old 07-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Instructor

I think that's the best area to put you plate there. I wanted to re-place my plate like yours, but I already have a long thin scratch on the bumper. :o
Old 07-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Instructor

front plate.... i took mine off...havent been bugged yet...its a stupid law :sqntfawk: