I traded my 3.2 for a RSX premium

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 09:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I traded my 3.2 for a RSX premium

heheheeee... I was gonna get the Type-S RSX but I can't drive stick really well.... so I had to get the Premium one.

So, I'm down graded from a luxry car 3.2 TL to a RSX... and i had to pay extra for that too....

: ( .. my car only worth 27000$ canadian now... they are saying that acura tl is really screwed up this year.. they aren't selling much TLs.. but MDX is selling like crazy..... that's why our TL's Market value decreased...

this sucks!
Old 10-10-2001, 09:40 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHY?
Old 10-10-2001, 09:41 PM
Suzuka Master

I still don't get why u would do something like that?? I think I'm not the only one...
Old 10-10-2001, 09:56 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
YO BRO!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe that you go with the Acura again this time... Well good luck with the service.......

How's the insurance on the RSX-P? the Type S will cost me a leg to insure...........

Well hopefully everything goes well for you since now on.....

Actually they are selling lots of TLs this year.... I think that sales rep is BS you......
Old 10-10-2001, 10:06 PM
Pro

I think I would understand more if you learned how to drive a manual and got the Type S, but for another auto?!?!?! I guess if it makes you happy! At least you now have a new car!
Old 10-10-2001, 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

i wouldn't have gotten the RSX-P. if you get a RSX-S i could undertand coz' you don't have TLS now, but this is just a weird trade imho. anywas as long as you like it that's fine, congrats

for the sales, that's BS. ever since the debut of TL the sales is constantly going up, and the release of TLS boosted the sales of TL series a lot, or so from the report i read some while ago. You know, sales do everything to degrade your trade in value.
Old 10-10-2001, 10:21 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Hey good for you, you have yourself a new car. You sound like youre happy so enjoy it and happy modding. If it was me though i would have burned my first clutch and made acura replace it under warrenty, with the type S.
Old 10-10-2001, 10:34 PM
Type SSS

Becareful with RSX. I heard about engines blowing up. Before you buy, do some research. Go to some RSX forums.
Old 10-10-2001, 10:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

hey that's a pretty darn good method to learn how to drive stick well the manufacturer actually pays you to learn, hehee, yeah, have them replace the clutch

ssk0771, there are such cases? you mean the engine literately blow up?? any links???!!!!
Old 10-10-2001, 10:43 PM
Pro

Riceboy,

$27k CDN seems rather low on the trade in for your 00 TL?? Just a few weeks back, i enquired with 2 Acura dealers here in Vancouver area on trading in my TL-P and both places would give me $31k or $32k for the 00 TL. Also, that line about TL not selling, that sales guy was pulling your leg for sure. I was told by both those salesmen i dealt with that they'd give me those kinds of trade in prices as they have people lined up to buy 00 TLs and newer.

Anyway, enjoy your RSX and be careful with it!!
Old 10-10-2001, 11:56 PM
Intermediate

Re: I traded my 3.2 for a RSX premium

Originally posted by riceboy_TL

: ( .. my car only worth 27000$ canadian now... they are saying that acura tl is really screwed up this year.. they aren't selling much TLs.. but MDX is selling like crazy..... that's why our TL's Market value decreased...

this sucks!
I agree with him on the MDX's selling like crazy. In Toronto atleast I see 3 new MDX's for every new TL. Comparing the new price's the difference is only about $6,000 CDN ($4000 US) between a MDX or a TL-S. Most Canadian's spending this much would rather get a SUV i guess.
Old 10-11-2001, 12:02 AM
Drifting

Re: I traded my 3.2 for a RSX premium

heheheeee... I was gonna get the Type-S RSX but I can't drive stick really well.... so I had to get the Premium one.

So, I'm down graded from a luxry car 3.2 TL to a RSX... and i had to pay extra for that too....

this sucks!
As long as you are happy with what you have then that is what is important. However, could you please let us in to why you made this particular trade?
Old 10-11-2001, 12:30 AM
Racer

I think riceboy_TL, is the one whose TLP got an a wierd accident that he never got fixed right. check the earlier posts, I remember reading it somewhere. Here

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=23881

BTW, Congrats on the RSX... hope to see you at the next TO meet.
Old 10-11-2001, 12:31 AM
HU
Instructor

Originally posted by hooked2TL
Riceboy,

$27k CDN seems rather low on the trade in for your 00 TL?? Just a few weeks back, i enquired with 2 Acura dealers here in Vancouver area on trading in my TL-P and both places would give me $31k or $32k for the 00 TL. Also, that line about TL not selling, that sales guy was pulling your leg for sure. I was told by both those salesmen i dealt with that they'd give me those kinds of trade in prices as they have people lined up to buy 00 TLs and newer.

Anyway, enjoy your RSX and be careful with it!!

HOOKED2TL

Which dealers did you go to? Are you thinking about trading in your 2000?
Old 10-11-2001, 12:39 AM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BlackShadow
WHY?
I don't think I made myself clear before.

WHY?
Old 10-11-2001, 01:37 AM
Pro

Hu,

Nah...wasnt thinking of trading it in. Just went to the dealers to check out the Type S and then they insisted on looking at my 00 and they offered to buy my 00 to entice me for the type S. Went to Langley Acura who offered me $31k CDN, and Burrard who offered me $31900k. Hey, they'll buy it at that and post em for $34k or so.

Anyway, yeah, remember they want my car so i''ll buy the type S. How much for Type S? Those mofos want full price.....forget it...that's why they'll give me 30s for my 00.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally posted by ssk0771
Becareful with RSX. I heard about engines blowing up. Before you buy, do some research. Go to some RSX forums.
That's from driver's thinking they are Mario Andretti...In most cases, the blown engines are caused by a missed shift...Trust me, it is NOT pretty...He also didn't get the high revving Type S engine, so he's more than safe..
Ed
P.S. FYI, The TL is still selling strong, the Type S is hard to get, the MDX has a 6 month waiting list, the RL you can get as many as you want, the CL is discounted, and the RSX has a few weeks wait
Old 10-11-2001, 08:46 AM
Instructor

Cool

My TL bros! Thanks for all these replies!

Well, I had to get something else to drive. My TL got into accidents before and now it's actig weird. My back would swing around for no reason.. as my bros here said it might be a frame/chasis damage. Even if they try to fix it, my TL would never drive the same. Also, winter is coming, I can imagine my broken leg TL would spin and "SKATE" around on snow here in Toronto.

Yesterday, my dad and I visited Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Acura.
Lexus is doing some promotion on IS300 2001 Model. But, it's still expensive! That IS300 Just look so small and feels EVEN smaller inside. I just can't fit. It's well made quality tho... but it's a natural born Riced up car. I didn't even bother to test drive it.. coz it looks like a 1000$ worth car but was selling doubling my current TL Value. We test drove that new ES300. It's AMAZING! It might not feel as sporty as TL, but it's certainly more comfortable than a BMW or Mercedes! WOW, it's so quiet.... soo soo soooo comfortable. But... so expensive too!~ Well, when I parked my TL in all those new Lexus.. guess what.. our TL looks like a Civic parked into a bunch of TL-S. Get the picture? Man... Lexus IS good quality... so quiet.

We went to Mercedes Benz right after. To check out this C-Coupe. The front looks great. The back is kinda yucky.. and it doesn't look too small in real person. We test drove it.. As soon as I sit in that driver seat.. guess what. C H E A P just comes to my mind and stayed there for good. This C-Coupe is probably more CHEAP than a TECEL. It's all hard plastic, steering wheel (tho it's lether wraped) felt like a corolla !! Space in there is rather small in my personal opinion... i feel like i'm driving a toy car. Buttons inside are definitely not MB quality... feels like they are falling apart any second. It has some power... but in AUTO, it lags a bit when u try to accelerate... the only good thing is that ROOF... WOW~ after options (without CD changer) i found out that I still have to pay $22G after traded in my TL! That sucks... I would not pay 22G + my TL for a CHEAP PLASTIC TOY.

So what else is therE? BMW? nah.. toooo expensive... so we went back to ACURA~ hahaha.. TL-S is 41000 Sticker price... which means i gotta pay over 14G + my TL. that's not good.... even for a normal TL i gotta pay 10G + my TL. Man.. i felt so bad. Then i spot this RSX. I test drove it.. it felt great! The corner is so smooth.. doesn't throw the drive to the side that much as our TL does. Well, looked at the price.. only 28,000... comparing to C-230COUPE, IS300, it's certainly the best money can buy! It's already fully loaded... lether seats and stuff... The quality feels good.. So, i've decided to get that instead. After calculation.. we would pay 4000-5000 after trading in my TL for a RSX-P.

So, my dad paid a deposite.. and asked for a arctic blue.. we will talk to another sale toomorow to see if we can raise our TL price a bit.. At the mean time, my dad is telling me to check out any other car around that price .... and i can change my mind anytime before toomrow.. so....

Here is why we are getting this RSX or something Cheaper:

1. my TL lost like almost 20G in a year.
2. Winter is coming.
3. No $$ now, but YES YES YES $$ in MAY. So my dad told me to jsut get a cheap car to drive around in snow and not to worry about it. In may, once his clients pays him fully, he would then get rid of my RSX and get any car i want around $80G. But, even if i have 80, i wouldn't know what to get.

See... that's all.... oh man... it ain't too bad... as long as I get something to drive over the winter that doesn't slide or SKATE aronud on snow, ice. ^_^

BUT!!!!!!!!!! I saw this Mazda MP3! it's 5000$ cheaper than our RSX but it looks good man!~~~ 17" rims and stuff... with MP3 player + a HUGE woofer... wow.. should I get that instead of the RSX? Which one would u prefer? 5000$ cheaper!!

Yah.. i'm lucky to have my dad... but i ain't a spoiled kid. I never asked them for money other than got my TL as my 22 bday present. . .. But..accidents do happen.. and.. yah.. racing caused it.. that sucks. : (

- rice boy... (coz i eat rice)
Old 10-11-2001, 08:48 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by SL1200MK4
YO BRO!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe that you go with the Acura again this time... Well good luck with the service.......

How's the insurance on the RSX-P? the Type S will cost me a leg to insure...........

Well hopefully everything goes well for you since now on.....

Actually they are selling lots of TLs this year.... I think that sales rep is BS you......
BRO! I got no other choice man... (or i can get that mp3 from mazda).... but $ vs Value, RSX score the most right... wellz.. i'll only drive this car till may anyways.. so... who cares. But.. mp3 would be more fun don't u think? I dunno.. i'll goto Mazda and check it out today. I'll keep u posted~~~
Old 10-11-2001, 08:51 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL

That's from driver's thinking they are Mario Andretti...In most cases, the blown engines are caused by a missed shift...Trust me, it is NOT pretty...He also didn't get the high revving Type S engine, so he's more than safe..
Ed
P.S. FYI, The TL is still selling strong, the Type S is hard to get, the MDX has a 6 month waiting list, the RL you can get as many as you want, the CL is discounted, and the RSX has a few weeks wait
Well, I can get burn my engine.. coz the reason i got RSX-P is becos it comes with AUTO~~ Wahahah.. yeh.. i'm a AUTO boy. But i really wanna drive stick... My old man suck at stick and almost got into accidents while driving a stick in China. So, he HIGHLY REJECTS my suggestion of getting that -S
heeeehehe
Old 10-11-2001, 08:53 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by TLS RULZ
I think riceboy_TL, is the one whose TLP got an a wierd accident that he never got fixed right. check the earlier posts, I remember reading it somewhere. Here

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=23881

BTW, Congrats on the RSX... hope to see you at the next TO meet.
Yap!~ I'll show up no matter what man!! Even if I'm driving a TECEL in a year from now.. I'll still be going to Toronto TL Meetings. Coz.. then, I can see my good Old TL family members~

You guys are so great!
Old 10-11-2001, 12:11 PM
Pro

" he would then get rid of my RSX and get any car i want around $80G. But, even if i have 80, i wouldn't know what to get.

See... that's all.... oh man... it ain't too bad... as long as I get something to drive over the winter that doesn't slide or SKATE aronud on snow, ice."

Damn, your dad is one hella of a guy to have $80g for you to drive around in in May! When i was your age, I had $650 and bought a Pontiac Phoenix that was 10 years old, only thing i could afford....and that was like 10 years ago

So the new RSX is a winter car until May?? Why dont you just get something less expensive and used since it's only until May since it's going to bed abused by the winter anyway? Youre going to lose again when u trade that RSX in in May??

Well, enjoy your good fortune
Old 10-11-2001, 02:10 PM
Drifting

Well, think about it...... Get the RSX-S..........

It's a winter car.... you drive the heck out of it... you learn how to drive a stick......... Then in may........... hum...... you can get yourself a sports car........

If you want a M3 so bad...... I know a few places that you can get the M3 for MSRP for around May/June next summer.......

If you got the $$$, then it's not a bad idea ya know........ Just a thought.......
Old 10-11-2001, 02:11 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by hooked2TL
" he would then get rid of my RSX and get any car i want around $80G. But, even if i have 80, i wouldn't know what to get.

See... that's all.... oh man... it ain't too bad... as long as I get something to drive over the winter that doesn't slide or SKATE aronud on snow, ice."

Damn, your dad is one hella of a guy to have $80g for you to drive around in in May! When i was your age, I had $650 and bought a Pontiac Phoenix that was 10 years old, only thing i could afford....and that was like 10 years ago

So the new RSX is a winter car until May?? Why dont you just get something less expensive and used since it's only until May since it's going to bed abused by the winter anyway? Youre going to lose again when u trade that RSX in in May??

Well, enjoy your good fortune
Yah.. true. That's why i'm looking into this Mazda car too. Mp3. .. it's really cheap. I know.. i'm lucky to have a supportive family~ (money wise).. hehe... but.. i don't spend much money anyways.. but.. ar..
Old 10-11-2001, 05:51 PM
Drifting

I would get the MP3..... honestly.......
Old 10-12-2001, 12:58 AM
Racer

Originally posted by SL1200MK4
I would get the MP3..... honestly.......
I would have to agree... get the mp3 five door... very useful and once you get your new car this will become the utility car for all the parts you are going to put on your new car.

-J
Old 10-12-2001, 03:53 PM
Ex-Acura Die Hard Veteran

Well, I can get burn my engine.. coz the reason i got RSX-P is becos it comes with AUTO~~ Wahahah.. yeh.. i'm a AUTO boy. But i really wanna drive stick... My old man suck at stick and almost got into accidents while driving a stick in China. So, he HIGHLY REJECTS my suggestion of getting that -S
heeeehehe
MAN, I AGREE I WOULD GET ONE TOO, I AM JUST NOT A 4 DOOR KIND OF GUY. BUT ON THE OTHER SIDE IM NOT AN AUTO KIND OF GUY EITHER. I MISS MN INTEGRAS, THEY WERE SO SWEET. RSX IS EVEN BETTER.

DAVE
Old 10-13-2001, 10:55 PM
Instructor

Guess what. The sales called me saying that they'll have to take at least a week to deliver the RSX-P. So, i told them that i'm not 100% sure now if that's the case. The guy says it's alright then and told me to pick up my deposite anytime i want, which I did. When i was there.. he told me that he'll give me a call when they have more RSX in stock. Then I can just bring the TL in and drive away with a RSX instead of paying deposite to keep a RSX.

Well, i went to downtown Mazda (lakeshore and almost sherbourne). They had the last MP3 there. All mp3s are sold out in Canada : ( Wow, that car is nice with those sports seats and stuff.. looks like such a performance racing car. But, it's slow~ hehee... the System is amazing though... Mp3 Kenwood player with huge woofer... car would shake if u turn the bass up a bit. .. .. Ain't our Bose suppose to be the best car stereo? hmmm .. anyways.. since that Mp3 is a demo (5000km). I'm not getting it.

I dunno man!! this sucks.. i'm getting no car... haha... i'm still stuck with my chasis/frame damaged 3.2. .. .. it's all good i guess..

what do u guys think of the

1. the New ES300 Lexus 2002?
2. C240 classic Mercedes Benz 2002?
3. Rx300 Lexus 2002?

I test drove that es300. boy it was smooth. Not as mean and powerful as our TL, but it's like a cruising boat! Interior is AMAZING! seriously, when my TL is parked beside those lexus, i felt embarassing.. our car looked so thin, if u know what i'm saying.

- Rice Eater~
Old 10-14-2001, 12:09 AM
Intermediate

hey, i got an auto RSX too and i don't regret getting it one bit (well besides the fact that some ******* kid got jealous of my car and broke both my side mirrors, about $400 to fix at park ave. grrrr ). but if you're gonna use this only as a winter car...change the tires =\, they suuuckk asssss...they suck in the rain, so they'll probably be pathetic in the snow....
As for the three choices, I'd pick the rx300...it's a suv, great for snow, niice ass ride, and it'll hold its value too...as for the other two, i think they're oooOOOoooogly :o
Old 10-14-2001, 11:31 PM
Racer

riceboy_TL...

Why dont you consider the new Altima 3.5 V6. now I know I'll get flamed for this... but since it is only temproray (till next May).. it might be a good alternative. I normally would not reccommend a car in its first re-design but again you are not keeping it for the long haul.

All the other choices you mentioned above are more of a luxury car (besides the MP3) than a (entry) sport sedan.

Just thought you will have more fun in the altima.

Anyways.. that's just my opnion.
Old 10-15-2001, 09:34 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Riceboy,

It sounds like you are being ripped off and screwed every way you turn (Maybe you just have one of those faces :p ) First, the bodyshop didn't fix your car right and you're not doing anything about it (If the car really has frame damage, they should have written it off and pay you the value of the car....which is a lot more than $27KCDN for a 2K TL-P).

Second is that the dealers you are seeing, even your trusty Acura dealer, are trying to to rape your ass...There is no way your car is worth less than 30K, frame damaged or not...( and I don't assume the dealer knows about the accident... ).

You seem like you are in a great rush to get yourself a new ride and willl settle for anything at this point without even bothering to negotiate.....If you've got the money to burn, go ahead, make some salesman's day... If you care, then take your time, negotiate (or hire someone to do so on your behalf if you suck at it).
Old 10-15-2001, 02:26 PM
Instructor

Well, i'm afraid that this is the fact man. I'm getting ripped off every way. Well, If i bring my car back and argue about a frame damage, i'll go through all those insurance crap again. I had my accident on march 12th, and guess what day they started to fix my car? At april 12th! ONE MONTH delay just to bullsh!t about how it's my fault and how they are only gonna fix the front bumper and airbag but not all the damage because they believe that I didn't crash my back bumper and headlight on the highway accident! U know what i mean? I went through a month for getting my car fixed. Also, they took away my rental car too! They forced me to return it coz they won't pay for that stupid corolla after i've been driving that for 3 weeks. So, for the rest of that time, i had to take TTC to goto college for my lecture and exams. The stupid insurance did not pay for the gas too, like when u return the car, they will charge u if u didn't fill up the gas right? My insurance company goes, it's alright, they'll pay for that.. and guess what. While i was in china for my trip, i tried to pay the hotel by VISA, and i couldn't do it. Coz i had 12$ on my account that's unpaid for 2 month! Stupid insruance didn't pay for that 12$ gas money and so that rental place reported it to my visa and my vsia thinks i'm running away with their 12$ and reported to the credit collectors! Da fuK is that.

Then, when i got back for school on september, I recieved a letter from that insurance company saying that i'm no longer insured with them starting on september 13th. So i had to look for a new company. They ****ing only fixed one claim on my 2 claims but they put 2 claims on my record. So i'm paying around 6000$ for my insruance now! U seeing the picture??? Now that my stupid car frame is screwed, yah, i can go back to them and make them fix it... how long will that take? 2 month just to investigate? Then do a crappy job?? Perhaps they'll make that into a 3rd claim?? See?? all those are possibilities! But i know one thing for sure, it's not worth my time. I don't have 2 month to waste on this matter, keep on bugging them or being bugged by them... u know what i'm saying? So, yah, thanks for ur concern, and u r right, I SUCK at negotiate... perhaps u are a professional negotiator... how about i give u my old Policy # and u go bug them for the cash???

Ps. Of course the dealers know about the accident! My car is one year old, where do u think i'll take it in for fix? OF course ACURA !! U think they won't know which car they've fixed at their own bodyshop?? I've got enough sh!t going on here man. I dunno why, but ur comments sounds like crap to me. Thank you anyways.

Originally posted by ruvz
Riceboy,

It sounds like you are being ripped off and screwed every way you turn (Maybe you just have one of those faces :p ) First, the bodyshop didn't fix your car right and you're not doing anything about it (If the car really has frame damage, they should have written it off and pay you the value of the car....which is a lot more than $27KCDN for a 2K TL-P).

Second is that the dealers you are seeing, even your trusty Acura dealer, are trying to to rape your ass...There is no way your car is worth less than 30K, frame damaged or not...( and I don't assume the dealer knows about the accident... ).

You seem like you are in a great rush to get yourself a new ride and willl settle for anything at this point without even bothering to negotiate.....If you've got the money to burn, go ahead, make some salesman's day... If you care, then take your time, negotiate (or hire someone to do so on your behalf if you suck at it).
Old 10-15-2001, 07:11 PM
Banned

Ps. Of course the dealers know about the accident! My car is one year old, where do u think i'll take it in for fix? OF course ACURA !! U think they won't know which car they've fixed at their own bodyshop?? I've got enough sh!t going on here man. I dunno why, but ur comments sounds like crap to me. Thank you anyways.
This is definitely true and I'm sure Jens can confirm this. When you take your Acura in for any service at an Acura dealer (and possibly a Honda too), they always enter your VIN into the service order. They then get a complete work history on your car, from every Acura dealer across North America that has seen your car, including service tech comments. So if your car was seen with frame damage in one shop, bringing it in for a trade to an Acura dealer is going to hurt you as I'm sure they would check the service history on a potential trade. Even if just to verify you brought the car in for routine maintenance.
Old 10-22-2001, 09:44 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, i'm afraid that this is the fact man. I'm getting ripped off every way. Well, If i bring my car back and argue about a frame damage, i'll go through all those insurance crap again. I had my accident on march 12th, and guess what day they started to fix my car? At april 12th! ONE MONTH delay just to bullsh!t about how it's my fault and how they are only gonna fix the front bumper and airbag but not all the damage because they believe that I didn't crash my back bumper and headlight on the highway accident! U know what i mean? I went through a month for getting my car fixed. Also, they took away my rental car too! They forced me to return it coz they won't pay for that stupid corolla after i've been driving that for 3 weeks. So, for the rest of that time, i had to take TTC to goto college for my lecture and exams. The stupid insurance did not pay for the gas too, like when u return the car, they will charge u if u didn't fill up the gas right? My insurance company goes, it's alright, they'll pay for that.. and guess what. While i was in china for my trip, i tried to pay the hotel by VISA, and i couldn't do it. Coz i had 12$ on my account that's unpaid for 2 month! Stupid insruance didn't pay for that 12$ gas money and so that rental place reported it to my visa and my vsia thinks i'm running away with their 12$ and reported to the credit collectors! Da fuK is that.

Then, when i got back for school on september, I recieved a letter from that insurance company saying that i'm no longer insured with them starting on september 13th. So i had to look for a new company. They ****ing only fixed one claim on my 2 claims but they put 2 claims on my record. So i'm paying around 6000$ for my insruance now! U seeing the picture??? Now that my stupid car frame is screwed, yah, i can go back to them and make them fix it... how long will that take? 2 month just to investigate? Then do a crappy job?? Perhaps they'll make that into a 3rd claim?? See?? all those are possibilities! But i know one thing for sure, it's not worth my time. I don't have 2 month to waste on this matter, keep on bugging them or being bugged by them... u know what i'm saying? So, yah, thanks for ur concern, and u r right, I SUCK at negotiate... perhaps u are a professional negotiator... how about i give u my old Policy # and u go bug them for the cash???

Well....Sometimes in today's society you gotta fight for your rights. Businesses will screw you left, right and centre if you are an uninformed consumer. There are always channels and ways to get things done your way and it sounds like you are either lazy or non-confrontational.

These events are very unfortunate and If they had happened to me, I am sure I wouldn't take it lightly and sue their asses off if it comes down to that.

All I am saying is that you gotta learn to stand up for yourself and fight constant battles at school, work, relationships, and life in general.....Think about it....if our great ancestors didn't stand up and fight for their freedom, where would we be today??

Today, it may be a matter of being screwed with a faulty car, which is not a huge deal, you can always buy another one......but what can be next??

:p
Old 10-22-2001, 11:43 AM
Pro

You are one loyal Acura customer. Maybe Acura should make a commerical out of you.
Old 10-22-2001, 03:47 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL

Ed

Type S is not that hard to get... you just need to know which places to look
Old 10-22-2001, 06:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

1. my TL lost like almost 20G in a year.
2. Winter is coming.
3. No $$ now, but YES YES YES $$ in MAY. So my dad told me to jsut get a cheap car to drive around in snow and not to worry about it. In may, once his clients pays him fully, he would then get rid of my RSX and get any car i want around $80G. But, even if i have 80, i wouldn't know what to get.
Riceboy, if you are certain that your Dad will get you a new car in May, why don't you just keep your TL for now, and trade it in later. Or if you feel unsafe because of the previous accident on your TL, just trade your TL in for another second hand car. It doesn't matter anyways, right, you're getting a new car later. Why pay full price for a new car, then you get hit with depreciation, and you will end up losing money when you sell. If you plan on keeping the RSX, then that's different. It makes no sense to me to buy a new car only to sell it after 7 months. Might as well lease a car (if they let you). Then you can put that money in the bank and at very least earn yourself some interest. It might not be much, but better than losing $. Does this make any sense to you? Sure, your Dad has money coming, but that doesn't mean spending it foolishly. Make your Dad's money last longer; helps your Dad to save money too. Think about this carefully, and good luck!
Old 10-22-2001, 07:06 PM
Instructor

Thank you Patrick.

well, the final decision is to keep the TL and i got a BMW 325i.

It's all good now...
^_^