I need to VENT - dealer hell

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 01:55 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a day away

from driving back to the dealer and causing a scene

I just called the finance manager again who politley told me she didn't do my deal and passed it on to the finance manager who did. She transferred me...guess who's day off is today?

I mean come on, she may not have done the deal but they have computers, she can't look the damn thing up???

Jesus -
Old 09-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Advanced

take the car back and dump it at the dealer. they are in breach of contract.

you are very patient, i would have snapped by now. start dealing with the GM of the dealership and call your local news to file a consumer issue. the dealer would not like that publicity and move a bit quicker on your case!

bottom line, if they have no record at honda finance, enjoy your free car!
Old 09-30-2003, 05:38 PM
Racer

Hmm

I wonder how that does work? They paid off my old car I know that much and cashed my down payment check - I did sign the lease agreement but if there is no lease - what is my recourse...

anyone a legal or financial person????
Old 10-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Racer

Got my call from Acura CS today

Kevin Brown from Acura -

Spoke to the dealer and was told that they are waiting on the stereo, that is why it has taken so long. He spoke to the Service Manager who was unaware of my paint issues (which is funny becuase when I brought it in for service and they called me to pick it up last time I asked "what about the paint" and the were unaware then..so I had them talk to my salesman to fill them in and was told "all would be taken care of in a few days")....

Still no call back from the finance manager on my lease, Acura has a call into her as well...

Basically I was told that when I brought it in the service manager would have to look at my paint. This is directly opposite of what I was told last time, that an acura rep would have to look at it before they could do anything....

Kevin was very nice and understood my problems (apologizing and saying this should never happen with a new car...I agree but not sure if he is telling me what I want to hear or helping).

I basically told Kevin the car has to be repainted, I would rather bring it in this week to get all the work done. Since repainting is not a short process, I would imagine the stereo would come in in that time frame (I am going on vacation saturday coming back sunday so I can be without the car for 10 days)...

We shall see.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Instructor

Sounds like I need to Call Acura Customer service myself....... Still Haven't got my plates yet and every day I call no one knows what the FU(K is going on..... by friday and I hear nothing.... Acura CS... here I come
Old 10-01-2003, 04:24 PM
Racer

today's update

Brian called me back to let me know that the radio was in and they were going to schedule my service so that they could have it while I was on vacation. Then asked me if everything was straightened out with my payments. I told him I didn't know becuase I still have not heard anything. He thought that was strange becuase he just spoke to the finance manager and she said she spoke to me and told me there was some processing that held up my lease and I would be dropping a check off at the dealer for the first month's payment, and after that I should be getting all the information I need.

Funny part is I NEVER SPOKE TO HER..AT ALL. She flat out lied to Acura. He tried to cover, saying maybe he misunderstood her, but then even he realized, no, she lied.

He said he was going to call her right back to straighten everything out, and I asked him to tell her that I would not be dropping off a check. That I would not be incovienienced by their mistake and if they get me the payment information I will handle paying the lease payment.

He apologized again.... I told him not to, it's not his or Acura's fault. This is typical of PERFORMANCE ACURA in CHAPEL HILL, NC.
They lie, they avoid, the have no customer service...

AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAUGE IF YOU CAN
Old 10-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Racer

My daily Dealer Hell Update

No calls today. I called Kevin at Acura to find out what was going on. It seems somehow the dealer was confused again. I was told the first time that the reason it was taking so long for the parts was that the stereo was not made by Acura and had to come from another vendor. Well....I was told today that it's not the stereo, that's in, it's the headlight part (the one they told me was in) that is mysteriously on back order now and never was in.

I told Kevin that my primary concern was the paint and that is what I wanted taken care of. If they have the stereo then they can install that and hopefully the other part will come in (almost a three week back order??)..Since I am going on vacation you think they would jump at the chance since I would not be driving the loaner vehicle at all.

I'm doubting very much that anything will happen before vacation.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Banned

go 2 another dealer acura, if its far honda can hook u up
Old 10-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Racer

Today's update

Well okay I am taking the car into the dealer tomorrow. Suddenly all my parts are in ...magic. I'm going to leave them my cell # to contact me for ANYTHING while I am on vacation..we shall see if they take care of the paint issue.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:19 AM
Racer

AHHHHHGGGHHGH!

I have to scream - I just got back from vacation, when I turned the car in for service - I left them my cell phone number and told them this is the only way to contact me while on vacation, don't hesitate to if you need me for anything. What do they do? Call and leave an urgent message on my home machine to call back ASAP..

So I call to day - I spoke to the service manager who told me that the paint damange was "not that bad" and they had to move it three times to see it, then proceeds to tell me that they only way to fix the almost imperceptible damage is to repaint the car!!

but.. he adds that I will be liable for the repaint when I turn in my car at the end of the lease. (They seem to think my main concern is that I will be responsible for the acid rain damage, which I know I am not since the warranty clearly states that as normal wear and tear. They fail to understand that they should not deliver a "new" car that looks like that....and think I should just be happy with what I got.).

He is telling me in his professional opinion that I should not get it repainted and that if i do I will be reponsible for the repainting when I turn in my lease.

I've had it - I'm done...I'm going to take the car back as is - drive it for three years and never, ever, ever get another Acura...the hardest part is I love the car..but if this is what I can expect as far as dealership and corporate customer service, then I can't support that.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:27 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
take it to another dealer...

and why would the dealer want you to repaint it when you turn the car in, they don't own the car.. The lease company does.. just don't tell them when u turn it in it was repainted.. if its done right, it will look fine, and they shouldn't care as long as it looks stock right???
Old 10-13-2003, 03:47 PM
Racer

The lease company is American Honda Finance - Honda/Acura owns the car - Acura will pay to get it repainted, with the work done by the dealer. What I am being told is if I go that route, it will no longer be factory paint and I will financially liable for it at lease end (degredation, paint thickness..blah blah blah)...basically I was given two options, live with the damage without having to worry about being charged when I turn in the car because environmental damage us "wear and tear" or get it repainted by the dealer, paid for by Acura, and bear the burden of being charged at the end of the lease becuase the paint is not "factory." My feelings are I should not even think about any financial responsibility, that is not acceptable. I was asked by the service manager why I didn't inspect the paint before I took the car. I told him I was under the assumption when you sell me a "new" car the condition is "new" not new with some damage (that and I took delivery at night and could not see the spotting/damage until I got in my garage)....Acura Corporate has done their best to facilitate repairs but the don't seem to have the "stones" to get it done right..and the service manager is bascially telling me "look I can do it but it won't be right and you'll be liable." It's exhausting and really depressing..I don't have anymore time or energy to fight..if people have seen my posts on car detailing then you know I am pretty particular about keeping my car looking brand new - I'm not afforded that now or for the next three years..the best I can get is "pretty good, then what are those spots all over the car?"....

Like I said the car is fantastic, great, awesome..but given my post sales experiences both from dealer and Acura Corporate..I don't see me ever buying another one, great products get customers, excellent customer service keeps customers.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
OMFG this sucks. It sounds like your dealer is f**king you over. There is NO reason you should have to deal with this crap from this dealer. You need to go to another one, and now! It sounds like you need to threaten to sue to get what should've been good customer service. I've never seen service this bad in any dealership, and I've owned many cars (mostly Hondas and Dodges).

I really feel for you, and I hope it all works out.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:18 AM
Racer

Update again

Well I called back Acura today and asked if they could coordinate getting my car repainted at another dealer. He seemed put off by that and said "....I mean...maybe..but why don't you want to use Performance?" I explained to him about the Service manager and the financial liability at the end of the lease. Kevin, my Acura case manager replied "I don't know where you get that, I spoke to the service manager and he never said that to you." Totally untrue and I told Kevin this. He replied "well I wasn't there so I can't say what was or was not said.' My heart sank. He then told me that the Service Manager was giving me his professional opinion that the damage was so trivial that I should just keep the factory paint rather than get it repainted. I am flabbergasted at this point. Here is Acura telling me that I should just keep the car with damage prior to the sale sold to me as new!!!

Man I am pissed now. My problem is no one from Acura has looked at the damage. They only have the word of the dealer/service manager who keeps downplaying it.

I am going to take it to an Acura Certified Body Shop and get an estimate as a guy off the street, making sure they notate the servity of the damage and the cost and labor involved in getting it repaired. The best thing I have going for me here in NC is there is an Auto Fraud law on the books that if the damage is at least 5% of the total cost of the car then they are guilty of fraud.