I got my TL Type-S converted to Inspire!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002 | 01:31 AM
Racer

I got my TL Type-S converted to Inspire!!!

Hey fellow TL members,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I finally converted the outside of my Acura TL-S into an :wow: Honda Inspire today!. I ordered the parts from Mike at Value-Caraudio. It was worth every penny. I got the front Inspire grille, the rear Inspire emblem, and Inspire rain-visors. I also have the Inspire sidemarkers but haven't installed it yet. I plan on completing the JDM look in the near furture. So look out for it!!! In advance Sorry guys, I don't have a digital camera so I can't take pics right away. But will have pics soon. Mayb after I attend Hot Import Nights this Saturday at San Mateo Expo center. Gotta take some pics of import models . I am ever so happy!!! Thanx, Mike (Value-TL)

EvoRTL-S
Old 04-25-2002 | 06:36 AM
Racer

Sweet!!! I thought about doing this before too. Can't wait for some pics.
Old 04-25-2002 | 07:44 AM
Mugen CL9

Congrats!!! I've done the Inspire changeover also a few weeks ago. I ordered the front grill, rear badge and door sills from Mike also and definitely worth every penny. I've turned a lot of heads and had a couple people asking if the car was the new Honda I placed a red "H" emblem on the trunk and used red vinyl sticker to line the sides of the "H" on the front grill. Looks pretty good and matches the red Type-S badge.
Oh and to somewhat complete the Honda look, I replaced the center caps on the stock rims with silver vinyl decal w/ the red H in the center. Same treatment to the steering wheel, but used carbon fiber decal instead of silver. Looks great and almost stock. I'll try to get pics up soon as soon as I get my hands on a dig cam.
P.S. I know the real Inspire only comes in white,black or silver, but I wanted to go wth a JDM look with a lil flare.
Old 04-25-2002 | 08:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Thumbs up

I've been thinking about this myself and I'd love to see pics when you get them guys.... Sounds sweet.....
Old 04-25-2002 | 09:48 AM
Advocatus Diaboli

out of curiosity, how much did the whole thing cost?
Old 04-25-2002 | 11:18 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Thumbs up

Great!!! Another INSPIRE member!!!

Don't you think it's little odd to have H emblem on acura, though?? I was thinking about doing that, too. But lots of members were against it.

JDM SABER Grille!! need input please.
Old 04-25-2002 | 11:54 AM

Why would any body Spend money to downgrade their car.

What is the purpose of converting an ACURA to a honda.

Isn't the ACURA Brand one of the reasons why you bought the tls in the 1st place :severly confused:
Old 04-25-2002 | 12:15 PM
Racer

O yeah guys I also forgot, I also have the Honda center caps on too. I am also using a H emblem for the rear that came from the 02 Civic front grille until I get the real thing. Well talk to ya guys laters.

EvoRTL-S
Old 04-25-2002 | 12:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Acurapimp
Why would any body Spend money to downgrade their car.

What is the purpose of converting an ACURA to a honda.

Isn't the ACURA Brand one of the reasons why you bought the tls in the 1st place :severly confused:
He's doing a JDM conversion. In Japan, there are no Acura's, only Honda's.

One of the sweetest JDM's I've seen here is an NSX with all Honda/JDM badging (not sure what else was done, but that was all I noticed).... it was sweet... made me do a double take too!!
Old 04-25-2002 | 12:45 PM
Racer

Originally posted by juniorbean

One of the sweetest JDM's I've seen here is an NSX with all Honda/JDM badging (not sure what else was done, but that was all I noticed).... it was sweet... made me do a double take too!!
Not just Japan, I think entire Asia doesn't have a brand called Acura. They are all Honda's. Well.. of course you will see Acura on streets but most likely they imported from US.

BTW, what's JDM stands for?

EvoRTL-S: Could you please post some pics?
Old 04-25-2002 | 01:16 PM
Instructor

JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market
Old 04-25-2002 | 03:20 PM
Mugen CL9

Acurapimp,
Placing Honda badges on our cars does not necessarily downgrade the car. If you look all over you car, there are Honda logos on each window and Honda stickers with the vin niumber of your car on certain parts such as the trunk. Doing the Inspire change is all about preference and wanting to be unique.
For example the Lex IS300 is aka Toyota Altezza and the Lex GS400 is aka Toyota Aristo in Japan. Just like Inifiniti is a more uxurious Nissan, Audi a more luxury VW, etc, etc. The Import Tuning Scene has people tryin to mak their cars look as JDM as possible with some extremes as converting their cars to right hand drive. I got caught up in this "scene" from my last car - 96' Honda Civic. Basically, it comes down to preference. It may not be yours and thats all well and good. But personally, I want my car to stand out from all the other TL-S that are popping up all over the roads.
Old 04-25-2002 | 04:04 PM

Originally posted by FreDroRN
I got caught up in this "scene" from my last car - 96' Honda Civic.
RICE:wow:
Old 04-25-2002 | 04:24 PM
Racer

Hey Eric,

Nice job with the conversion. I've been trying to contact you to see if you've received the 32V that I sent you about a month ago. I haven't heard back from you so I presume you got it. Remember to post some pics!

Here are some new images of my TL-S with the Inspire conversion, some close ups of the grille and badges.

http://www.inspires.ca/images

Thanks,

InspireS
Old 04-25-2002 | 04:50 PM
Racer

hey InspireS,

I couldn't contact you because i don't know your email address and when I'm on the board you weren't.. Unfortunately, I didn't recieve the 32V emblem from you. Mayb it got delievered to the wrong address by the post office. Anyway no hard feelings from not getting the emblem. I will just order it from Mike... But I do wonder where did it end up? hopefully not by the mail man taking it. That would really suck...

P.s. Your ride looks tight. looks alike like mine now except mine is a Silver Inspire.

EvoRTL-S
Old 04-25-2002 | 07:02 PM
Racer

Hey does anyone think a person might have trouble getting warranty service at the acura dealer if you do an inspire conversion. Anyone think the dealer might be confused since there's an H emblem on the car?
Old 04-25-2002 | 08:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

I can picture this situation: you bring your TL-S to a dealer for warranty work, they look at the badges, the face and the rear, and send you to the plbeian Honda dealership, saying "we don't service Hondas here!" LOL
Old 04-25-2002 | 11:06 PM
Instructor

InspireS,

Love the photos! Are you a professional photographer? The blue tint in the first set of images makes them look awesome.

-Tom
Old 04-26-2002 | 11:15 AM
Racer

Originally posted by EvoRTL-S
hey InspireS,

I couldn't contact you because i don't know your email address and when I'm on the board you weren't.. Unfortunately, I didn't recieve the 32V emblem from you. Mayb it got delievered to the wrong address by the post office. Anyway no hard feelings from not getting the emblem. I will just order it from Mike... But I do wonder where did it end up? hopefully not by the mail man taking it. That would really suck...

P.s. Your ride looks tight. looks alike like mine now except mine is a Silver Inspire.

EvoRTL-S
Eric,

I have another 32V, I will send it again today. Can you email me your address to reconfirm I have the correct one. aj_r8@yahoo.ca

Thanks,

InspireS
Old 04-26-2002 | 11:17 AM
Racer

Originally posted by thomas_rp
InspireS,

Love the photos! Are you a professional photographer? The blue tint in the first set of images makes them look awesome.

-Tom
Hi Thomas,

I wish I was a pro photographer. The blueish tint you see on the first couple of pics was just the way it turned out from the digital camera, I think it could've been the colour of the sky since it just stopped raining when I shot those pics.

Thanks,

InspireS
Old 04-26-2002 | 12:47 PM
Racer

InspireS,

I sent you an email to reconfirm my address. Thanx....Your koo.
Now I can finish off the JDM look I was aiming for.

Well looks like its going to rain where I live so I won't wash my car just yet. Got alot of bugs on the front the car...Hopefully I will have pics soon..
And thanx again InspireS.

EvoRTL-S
Old 04-26-2002 | 03:48 PM
Racer

InspireS,

I sent you an email to reconfirm my address. Thanx....Your koo.
Now I can finish off the JDM look I was aiming for.

Well looks like its going to rain where I live so I won't wash my car just yet. Got alot of bugs on the front the car...Hopefully I will have pics soon..
And thanx again InspireS.

EvoRTL-S
Eric,

Have you ordered the rain visors and the Inspire door sills yet?
Mine should arrive 05/05, I'll also have the Spoon calipers installed by then, along with the Mugen spoiler. I'll post pics when it's complete.

Then the car is going in for Audio Video for three weeks. Then it's time to win some money

InspireS
Old 04-26-2002 | 07:56 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by kchao2000

Not just Japan, I think entire Asia doesn't have a brand called Acura. They are all Honda's. Well.. of course you will see Acura on streets but most likely they imported from US.

BTW, what's JDM stands for?

EvoRTL-S: Could you please post some pics?
Actually, they have ACURA in Hong Kong. The interesting part about Honda's and Acura's in Hong Kong is the fact that the Honda Accords built in the USA are the ones that are imported to Hong Kong, not the ones in Japan! Either they prefer the slightly larger body of the USA version or there is a huge tariff too keep Japan from sending them to Hong Kong.
Old 04-26-2002 | 08:59 PM
Pro

hey

hey can you guys tell me how much teh inspire emblems are. i got my whole trunk shaved. tell me wassup.
Old 04-26-2002 | 09:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Any pics to show you "Inspired" TL-S?
Old 04-27-2002 | 01:11 AM
Racer

InspireS,

Yes, I have the Rain-visors and the Sidemarkers (Not installed) but not the doorsills. mayb in the furture. How much is the spoon calipers if you don't mind me for asking?? If I go all out I would get the Inspire Driverside airbag, engine cover that says "H 3.2 VTEC" instead of "A 3.2 VTEC".
My next mods are performance wise. I ordered the Dual GReddy Evo's its on backorder from my local import shop.

EvoRTL-S

-------------------------------------
TEAM EVOLUTION Racing

2002 SSM TL Type-S non navi

JDM Parts :wow: : Honda Inspire front grille, Rain-visors, Sidemarkers, Rim center caps, Rear Honda H emblem, Inspire emblem. thats all I have so far more to come.....Coming real soon, 32V emblem.

OEM Moonroof Visor
Full oem underbody kit
OEM rear spoiler
H&R Sport springs
Front cross-drilled & slotted Brembo rotors (Not-installed yet)
Rear cross-drilles & slotted Brembo rotors (Coming soon)
Underbody blue neon lighting
Blue neon lighting in the trunk
Dual 5Zigen Fireball exhausts (Using at the moment)
Dual GReddy Evo exhausts (Coming soon)
Injen CAI
All Plasma Blue PIAA Interior lighting
PIAA xtreme white bulbs on all four corners of the exterior
9005 Yellow highbeams (To match JDM style)
9006 Artic purple HID bulbs for foglights
Coming soon 17" 5Zigen Heidfeld rims with an offset of 48.
Old 04-27-2002 | 01:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Inspire S what's up with the Spoon Calipers????
Old 04-28-2002 | 05:58 PM
Racer

InspireS,

Yes, I have the Rain-visors and the Sidemarkers (Not installed) but not the doorsills. mayb in the furture. How much is the spoon calipers if you don't mind me for asking?? If I go all out I would get the Inspire Driverside airbag, engine cover that says "H 3.2 VTEC" instead of "A 3.2 VTEC".
My next mods are performance wise. I ordered the Dual GReddy Evo's its on backorder from my local import shop.

EvoRTL-S

-------------------------------------
TEAM EVOLUTION Racing

2002 SSM TL Type-S non navi

JDM Parts :wow: : Honda Inspire front grille, Rain-visors, Sidemarkers, Rim center caps, Rear Honda H emblem, Inspire emblem. thats all I have so far more to come.....Coming real soon, 32V emblem.

OEM Moonroof Visor
Full oem underbody kit
OEM rear spoiler
H&R Sport springs
Front cross-drilled & slotted Brembo rotors (Not-installed yet)
Rear cross-drilles & slotted Brembo rotors (Coming soon)
Underbody blue neon lighting
Blue neon lighting in the trunk
Dual 5Zigen Fireball exhausts (Using at the moment)
Dual GReddy Evo exhausts (Coming soon)
Injen CAI
All Plasma Blue PIAA Interior lighting
PIAA xtreme white bulbs on all four corners of the exterior
9005 Yellow highbeams (To match JDM style)
9006 Artic purple HID bulbs for foglights
Coming soon 17" 5Zigen Heidfeld rims with an offset of 48.
Eric,

The engine bay 'A" can be replaced with the "H" from the Accord. It's a perfect fit.

As for the airbag, I have it on order as well.

Thanks

InspireS
Old 04-28-2002 | 05:59 PM
Racer

Originally posted by valuetl
Inspire S what's up with the Spoon Calipers????
ValueTL,

The Spoon Calipers I will have May 5th, that's when the next Spoon shipment comes in along with my rain visors, door sills, and Mugen spoiler.

I will post pics when it's complete.

InspireS
Old 04-28-2002 | 09:32 PM
SH-AWD

Originally posted by juniorbean
In Japan there are no left-hand drive cars either!

BTW, Acura only exists in Canada and the USA.
Old 04-30-2002 | 08:20 PM
Pro

Originally posted by LeftCorner

You're wrong LeftCorner. As JTang mentioned, Acura exists in Hong Kong as well. Hong Kong actually gets the best of both worlds. They have alot of the JDM models and US models for alot of cars.

axleback
Old 04-30-2002 | 08:37 PM
Racer

Originally posted by LeftCorner

Sorry dude you were wrong on both accounts. Some of the imports like Mercedes and BMW have there steering wheels on the left side in Japan or at least they used to when I was there a few years ago. I'm assuming you meant the steering wheel is on the left side since i could drive any car with my left-hand.