how would you go about this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 06:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how would you go about this?

hey everyone, i'm 16, about to be 17, and everything i tell my mom about my car when it's wrong she blames on me because "i don't take enough care of it" or "i drive like a maniac" etc etc, things to taht extent. if my tranny goes, how do i go about telling her that w/out having her blame the whole thing on me. any like official documentation or facts or stats i could print from online or statements from honda/acura i could get to show her? help me out on this everyone.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:20 AM
Drifting

Re: how would you go about this?

Originally posted by AcDrvr54
hey everyone, i'm 16, about to be 17, and everything i tell my mom about my car when it's wrong she blames on me because "i don't take enough care of it" or "i drive like a maniac" etc etc, things to taht extent. if my tranny goes, how do i go about telling her that w/out having her blame the whole thing on me. any like official documentation or facts or stats i could print from online or statements from honda/acura i could get to show her? help me out on this everyone.
That is going to be hard my friend! Acura, like most car companies, will almost never admit that anything like this. Your best bet would be to show her Acura-TL and Acura-CL websites. If you never been to Acura-CL.com website, we have an entire section dedicated to Tranny Failures. Other than that...don't know what to say.
Old 06-16-2002, 09:23 PM
Pro

I would stop worrying about your mother's whining and just thank God that you get to drive a TL/S at the age of 17!
Old 06-16-2002, 09:50 PM
Advanced

Smile here is what you do.

Trade the TL-S in for a nice '02 Accord LX. You need to earn the right to drive a TL-S :p
Old 06-16-2002, 11:35 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: here is what you do.

I think he should start out driving a civic, then an accord and when he is ready, the TLS.

Originally posted by the_hunter
Trade the TL-S in for a nice '02 Accord LX. You need to earn the right to drive a TL-S :p