how much power to the wheels? (TL-P)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
but you're not really worried about hp since you have that 1series..
ofc i am, considering my bimmer is in the garage all winter and at the dealership for repairs half of summer. i don't do launches with my bimmer much because the tires are 1500$ to replace.

Last edited by pickler; 08-10-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by pickler
trying to stay on topic

Yes TCS was on now that i think about im not sure why i forgot to turn it off that's probably why 60' is bad. I did torque launch and there was wheelspin, the TCS controlled the spin. I get lots of wheelspin without TCS from standstill if i remember correctly, all the way to ~30mph. so should i do one without TCS even though ill get lots of wheelspin? Weather was 18'c with 80% humidity, relatively new flat asphalt. I think it's the launch that's hurting my time. but my 30-90 times of 12.45s actually beats stock BMW 328i numbers from dynolicious users.

Anyway i got my car on a dynojet this morning and putdown 173hp at 6000rpm and 166 ft-lb at 3800 rpm. According to their records a 2002 TL-S pulled 200hp at the wheels just last month so thats about 23% drivetrain loss. 225x.077=173. seems my number is ok. i'm not sure why dynolicious is displaying too low, its right on for my other cars. For the RDX it displayed 210 stock and 220 with ecu flash, very close to hondata testing #s.
Yes, turn it off AND learn to NOT just floor it if you have lots of wheel spin. Just because the pedal "Can" be pushed all the way to the floor doesnt mean that it "Should"

And if you are getting wheel spin in the TL-P like that you need better tires.

23% is right on track for the TL for drivetrain loss.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Yes, turn it off AND learn to NOT just floor it if you have lots of wheel spin. Just because the pedal "Can" be pushed all the way to the floor doesnt mean that it "Should"

hey thanks i tried it with TSC off and launched at 2000rpm. it made very little difference (15.61 vs 15.76).

without launching there is noticeably less wheelspin but the times all suffer and 1/4mi falls into 16s territory. tbh im happy with 7.4s 0-60 and 15.6 1/4 mi. 8 year old vehicle and bone stock. in all test it still reports 156hp O.o 10% off dynojet. alright im going to stop now, tranny slipped today 1-2 gear on the way home. i have also used 35L gas in 170km with all these tests

Last edited by pickler; 08-10-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

one more question, is it bad to bounce off the rev limiter? once i shifted too late from D2 to D3 and bounced off rev limiter about 5-6 times. lots of oil burning smell ~lingered for 5 minutes. planning on changing the oil tomorrow even though has done only 3.5k miles
Old 08-11-2011, 01:16 AM
She thinks my TL's sexy.

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
one more question, is it bad to bounce off the rev limiter? once i shifted too late from D2 to D3 and bounced off rev limiter about 5-6 times. lots of oil burning smell ~lingered for 5 minutes. planning on changing the oil tomorrow even though has done only 3.5k miles
Any time you are pushing your car like that, it's not going to be particularly good on it. Everything just gets beat harder when doing hard pulls. That includes the engine itself, motor mounts, transmission, tires, etc... But I can't imagine doing any measurable damage by redlining an automatic a few times.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Senior Moderator

there is no harm from the rev limiter, its there to keep you from damaging the car. You shouldnt smell oil from it. (you have no idea how many times a day my car sees the limiter, first happens so fast in the 6 speed)
Old 08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Senior Moderator

hey thanks i tried it with TSC off and launched at 2000rpm. it made very little difference (15.61 vs 15.76).

without launching there is noticeably less wheelspin but the times all suffer and 1/4mi falls into 16s territory. tbh im happy with 7.4s 0-60 and 15.6 1/4 mi. 8 year old vehicle and bone stock. in all test it still reports 156hp O.o 10% off dynojet. alright im going to stop now, tranny slipped today 1-2 gear on the way home. i have also used 35L gas in 170km with all these tests
Still say tires, You should be able to take off without tcs having to control the wheel spin. Get better tires and you should be able to take off faster and drop that 60' time which will get you a faster time.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

good to hear no damage was done lol. oil levels were a bit low, so i had the oil changed with PP and M1 filter. as for tires, they are new. just got them last month. michelin primacy. they are excellent in wet conditions and are very quiet, reviews on tirerack were also great. its true they don't have the dry grip of rubber like toyo proxes 4 that i have on my bimmer but they last longer and can actually drive on ice and snow for winter. performance tires hydroplane too easy for where i live. maybe next summer ill get a set with the new 5spoke tsx rims and big brake kit. For now im thinking exhaust and headers if i can find locally. i don't want to order online. probably not gonna do intake mod, because it increases silicon levels in engine (happened on my rdx). i don't believe in k&n anymore xD

Last edited by pickler; 08-11-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Senior Moderator

good to hear no damage was done lol. oil levels were a bit low, so i had the oil changed with PP and M1 filter. as for tires, they are new. just got them last month. michelin primacy. they are excellent in wet conditions and are very quiet, reviews on tirerack were also great. its true they don't have the dry grip of rubber like toyo proxes 4 that i have on my bimmer but they last longer and can actually drive on ice and snow for winter. performance tires hydroplane too easy for where i live. maybe next summer ill get a set with the new 5spoke tsx rims and big brake kit. For now im thinking exhaust and headers if i can find locally. i don't want to order online. probably not gonna do intake mod, because it increases silicon levels in engine (happened on my rdx). i don't believe in k&n anymore xD
GOOD performance tires wont hydroplane. I have never had that problem.

Increases silicon levels in the engine You wont hurt the engine with a intake or K&N filter.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Where is the silicon gonna come from? I don't think it has anything to do with the intake.

Primacy aren't really performance tires, but I don't know anything about rain.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
my sticky summer tires do great in the rain
Old 08-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

GOOD performance tires wont hydroplane. I have never had that problem.

Increases silicon levels in the engine You wont hurt the engine with a intake or K&N filter.
used oil analysis. according to blackstone labs i had considerable increase of silicon levels (dirt) in engine oil after intake installation for my rdx. googled this and found similar results from other people with mostly k&n filters on bobistheoilguy.com
Originally Posted by Karanx7
Where is the silicon gonna come from? I don't think it has anything to do with the intake.

Primacy aren't really performance tires, but I don't know anything about rain.
i know, they are touring all-season.

my sticky summer tires do great in the rain
which tires do you have? toyo proxes 4 on my bimmer, and the car won't even get out of driveway in winter.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
according to dynolicious i put about ~160 horses to the wheels, which is pretty disappointing to me, although the vehicle is bone stock. however i found this graph for 1999 TL-P allegedly stock, but numbers seem to be a bit too high?

The 99 numbers will be different due to gearing because 99' has 4speed auto vs 5speed in 00-03 model TL's.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ParaSurfer1979
The 99 numbers will be different due to gearing because 99' has 4speed auto vs 5speed in 00-03 model TL's.
actually i found out that graph ^ is from an acurazine member who has header exhaust mods. i think patrick can't remember. his profile suggests following mods:
Blitz SRI | Stone Racing Headers | AJR Custom Throttlebody Upgrade | UR Crank Pulley | OE Thermoblok Spacers | Axle-Back Magnaflow Exhausts & Y-Pipe | H&R Race Springs | Tokico Blue HP Shocks | SPC Rear Camber Kit | Cusco Fr. Lower Tie Bar | Rotora Slotted Rotors | Endless Type NA-M Front Brake Pads | Comptech S.S. Brakelines | Acura TL Door Sills | Inspire Fog Light Switch w/ PIAA 912 Stealth Aux. lighting | PIAA Silicon Wipers | OEM Bodykit

Last edited by pickler; 08-11-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:59 AM
She thinks my TL's sexy.

actually i found out that graph ^ is from an acurazine member who has header exhaust mods. i think patrick can't remember. his profile suggests following mods:
Blitz SRI | Stone Racing Headers | AJR Custom Throttlebody Upgrade | UR Crank Pulley | OE Thermoblok Spacers | Axle-Back Magnaflow Exhausts & Y-Pipe | H&R Race Springs | Tokico Blue HP Shocks | SPC Rear Camber Kit | Cusco Fr. Lower Tie Bar | Rotora Slotted Rotors | Endless Type NA-M Front Brake Pads | Comptech S.S. Brakelines | Acura TL Door Sills | Inspire Fog Light Switch w/ PIAA 912 Stealth Aux. lighting | PIAA Silicon Wipers | OEM Bodykit
This post is now in every set of search results.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Senior Moderator

used oil analysis. according to blackstone labs i had considerable increase of silicon levels (dirt) in engine oil after intake installation for my rdx. googled this and found similar results from other people with mostly k&n filters on bobistheoilguy.com

i know, they are touring all-season.

which tires do you have? toyo proxes 4 on my bimmer, and the car won't even get out of driveway in winter.
And it led you to believe it was bad for your motor? I have never had a increase in any levels with mine

I have Continental ExtremeContact DW

Thats because even though they have a m/s rating they really arent a all season tire and are much closer to a summer tire which isnt designed for winter.

Living where you live you really should have dedicated snow tires for winter traction
Old 08-12-2011, 07:43 AM

:obligatoryfanboycommentstartsnow:
I have wide 255/40/17 NITTO NT05 on all 4 corners.
they're modeled after drag radials.
Once warm, these tires are amazing.
I'm pushing at least 240hp to the front wheels according to the dyno pulls that I performed a couple weeks ago.

+10 to the dedicated winter tires....
Old 08-12-2011, 08:35 AM
She thinks my TL's sexy.

I have Continental ExtremeContact DW

Thats because even though they have a m/s rating they really arent a all season tire and are much closer to a summer tire which isnt designed for winter.

Living where you live you really should have dedicated snow tires for winter traction
I had a couple sets of Continentals on my old BMW and I generally wore through them in under 20,000 miles. With the amount I was driving back then, I could have put them on in March and wore them out in time for next winter. They were amazing tires, but so soft.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by farmdevil
I had a couple sets of Continentals on my old BMW and I generally wore through them in under 20,000 miles. With the amount I was driving back then, I could have put them on in March and wore them out in time for next winter. They were amazing tires, but so soft.
The grip on them is awesome. So far teh DW are holding up really well. I have 10k miles on them and you cant even tell they have been driven on.

I had Nitto Invo's before this set. They too were a great tire.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

yes true true performance rubber is sticky and definite must for spirited driving and winter tires a must for winter. but for me its not just winter tires, the amount of salt here is unbelievable during winter. if you look underbody of my TL and RDX which are both winter driven you see nothing but rust. plus the rdx had rust immunization with no effect. So im not gonna drive the bimmer in winter no way.

as for the TL i have had no problems with the all-season, just on launch a bit slippy but in the corners its excellent (no squealing no loss of traction).

but all these issues aside, my tranny is acting up again. i had the tranny fluid changed couple months ago with dw1 and it solved rough jerky shifting but now its back again. this happened after doing the 1/4 mile tests. even though i was careful and let the car cool after each test additional issues are engine braking while cruising at 25mph in the suburbs and car jerking forward when going into 4th gear, rpm shooting up at 1-2 gear change. and rough overall shifting. also if i apply gas during torque converter lock up car jerks. im hoping its just dirty fluid again?

if my tranny will continue to act like this i do not see any point of modding the car since ill be out $3k soon.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:47 PM

i feel you. I wouldnt drive the 1series in the winter either!!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Senior Moderator

i feel you. I wouldnt drive the 1series in the winter either!!!!
Why? Its just a car, something that is meant to be driven Id be driving a vette in the winter if i had one.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:23 PM
She thinks my TL's sexy.

Why? Its just a car, something that is meant to be driven Id be driving a vette in the winter if i had one.
Now it'd be one thing if it was fun to drive a Vette in the winter. But seeing how it wouldn't be, I'd garage something like that and drive something else, presuming I had the funds for two vehicles. This is actually basically what I've been doing the last couple years. Here in Iowa we get so much snow that driving around in the TL is hell. Why get stuck in parking spots and slide all over the place when I had a truck to drive instead? Now this coming winter I don't have the truck out here so I'll be driving the Acura, and that's alright since it's out of necessity but it's not my choice.

My girlfriend says I always have a big smile on my face when I'm driving my truck around in the snow.

Last edited by farmdevil; 08-13-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

i never had problems driving in ice and snow storms with the TL here in canada. once i drove the TL all the way to nova scotia in winter. at one point the snow was over 3ft deep!! but the tl had no problems and it just kept going. only annoyance is the TSC overdoing it. The TL has a nice high ride height for snowy weather. the small relatively thin tires slice through snow and crush ice. Michelin primacy tires btw. but i definitely would recommend some nice winter tires like x-ice2 if your a truck driver. frontwheel drives usually are excellent in snow. my neighbour's 328xi has to shovel his driveway clean everyday to be able to get out. i usually shovel after work when i get home xD oh how i miss drifting in the snowy college parking lot. i gotta go now i think i hear the icecream truck!

Last edited by pickler; 08-13-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Tlp & hp

Originally Posted by Karanx7
Something is off with your car. 160hp to the wheels is too low. Then again, the dynolicious app isn't the best way to test your car. I used that same app when my car was stock + CAI, and I was getting ~180whp. I'm also a TL-P.

Maybe try some SeaFoam in Oil and Gas. Get your valves adjusted too, though I have yet to do mine.
My 03 CLP runs very strong and is not that far off from my 01 CLS mid range head to head. I can do 15.2 in the Qtr with the only mod being the intake resonator removal and K&N drop in.

15.7 is slow for a TLP....
Old 08-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Now it'd be one thing if it was fun to drive a Vette in the winter. But seeing how it wouldn't be, I'd garage something like that and drive something else, presuming I had the funds for two vehicles. This is actually basically what I've been doing the last couple years. Here in Iowa we get so much snow that driving around in the TL is hell. Why get stuck in parking spots and slide all over the place when I had a truck to drive instead? Now this coming winter I don't have the truck out here so I'll be driving the Acura, and that's alright since it's out of necessity but it's not my choice.

My girlfriend says I always have a big smile on my face when I'm driving my truck around in the snow.
And you know this how? My buddy has one and he drives it in the winter. He has a set of snow tires for it and he will go thru just as much snow as easily as my TL with snows on it does.

If you are getting stuck in the little bit of snow you get there you really need better tires. I highly recommend snow tires. (i think it needs to be a LAW that in states that have 4 seasons that they are required in winter)
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (08-14-2011)
Old 08-14-2011, 10:43 PM
She thinks my TL's sexy.

And you know this how? My buddy has one and he drives it in the winter. He has a set of snow tires for it and he will go thru just as much snow as easily as my TL with snows on it does.

If you are getting stuck in the little bit of snow you get there you really need better tires. I highly recommend snow tires. (i think it needs to be a LAW that in states that have 4 seasons that they are required in winter)
This is my fourth vehicle and it's the first that was FWD (which actually I hate), and I've driven some pretty high end cars so I have a pretty decent idea what having all that power feels like. Plus I spent many hours doing donuts in the winters and mudding in the summers several years ago. Sure I can drive in the snow and it's entertaining if all I want to do is donuts, but if I'm trying to get somewhere it's a chore in a car like a Vette or a BMW. I had several close calls in my old BMW. I went into a couple pretty good spins on the highway in that car and that was before I upgraded from 15 to 17 inch wheels and put the summer tires on. My TL gets around to some degree in the snow but my girlfriend can smoke me in her Impala. Winter tires would undoubtedly help me even the playing field, but that Impala has tires that are even cheaper than stock.

As for our "little bit" of snow here, we didn't see the grass for 3 consecutive months last winter. We pretty much had 8-15 inches on the ground the majority of the time. Here is a pic. That's my car in the driveway. That's a lot of snow. I didn't even have to shovel to get my truck in and out of the driveway. Now that's not so say it's not worse where you are, but you also probably live in a bigger city than me with better plowing. Outside of town here we don't even have pavement.

My point is just that I love driving and I want it to be enjoyable. I'd much rather drive a different vehicle in the winter if it allows me to continue to enjoy driving. If driving is a chore, I'd rather take the bus. It's not really that I'm worried about the car, because I believe that with proper wax and regular cleaning, rust can be avoided.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:33 PM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
(i think it needs to be a LAW that in states that have 4 seasons that they are required in winter)
sounds like an expensive (for me) law. no thanks.

sure one may argue that getting into an accident due to lack of snow tires will be even more expensive but that's what insurance is for. i, and many students my age and younger, don't have the cash laying around to buy snow tires and get them mounted every winter. so that kind of law wouldn't be very pleasant.

now if one was smart and had the money, he or she wouldn't need a law to tell them that snow tires work wonders in the winter time. i remember back when i was about 14 i went with my family to Toronto/Niagara in our old 02 Pathfinder around Christmas time. 2 ft of snow on the ground there with more coming everyday. we were one of the only 4WDs there and EVERYONE had snow tires on their Yaris or Corolla or one of the other compact cars that are really common there. dem Canadians know what theyre doing.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:56 AM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
up here in vancouver bc canada the insurance company made a rule that if u dont have dedicated snow tires and u crash they dont cover you. even though we barely get a few inches of snow here its mostly just rain.. but i just garage my car whenever it snows cant afford to put snow tires every year

Last edited by kdawg8526; 08-15-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Oakroadsteve
My 03 CLP runs very strong and is not that far off from my 01 CLS mid range head to head. I can do 15.2 in the Qtr with the only mod being the intake resonator removal and K&N drop in.

15.7 is slow for a TLP....
until i see a dynolicious results for a stock tl-p that is 15.2 on flat surface i disagree. i mean i can keep up with an rx-7

man i don't know what the f is up with my dyno app, it still measures 155hp even though i have same time as this rx7.

This is my fourth vehicle and it's the first that was FWD (which actually I hate), and I've driven some pretty high end cars so I have a pretty decent idea what having all that power feels like. Plus I spent many hours doing donuts in the winters and mudding in the summers several years ago. Sure I can drive in the snow and it's entertaining if all I want to do is donuts, but if I'm trying to get somewhere it's a chore in a car like a Vette or a BMW. I had several close calls in my old BMW. I went into a couple pretty good spins on the highway in that car and that was before I upgraded from 15 to 17 inch wheels and put the summer tires on. My TL gets around to some degree in the snow but my girlfriend can smoke me in her Impala. Winter tires would undoubtedly help me even the playing field, but that Impala has tires that are even cheaper than stock.

As for our "little bit" of snow here, we didn't see the grass for 3 consecutive months last winter. We pretty much had 8-15 inches on the ground the majority of the time. Here is a pic. That's my car in the driveway. That's a lot of snow. I didn't even have to shovel to get my truck in and out of the driveway. Now that's not so say it's not worse where you are, but you also probably live in a bigger city than me with better plowing. Outside of town here we don't even have pavement.

My point is just that I love driving and I want it to be enjoyable. I'd much rather drive a different vehicle in the winter if it allows me to continue to enjoy driving. If driving is a chore, I'd rather take the bus. It's not really that I'm worried about the car, because I believe that with proper wax and regular cleaning, rust can be avoided.
oh yay snow pictures, here is one 2010 toronto

Originally Posted by kdawg8526
up here in vancouver bc canada the insurance company made a rule that if u dont have dedicated snow tires and u crash they dont cover you. even though we barely get a few inches of snow here its mostly just rain.. but i just garage my car whenever it snows cant afford to put snow tires every year
get goodyear nordics on steel rims, very cheap and you can swap it yourself every year. easy. if you dont wanna pay that do what i used to do in college with friends. when trying to brake open the door and put your left foot down. just like on a bike. if passengers can help that would be great.

Last edited by pickler; 08-15-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
sounds like an expensive (for me) law. no thanks.

sure one may argue that getting into an accident due to lack of snow tires will be even more expensive but that's what insurance is for. i, and many students my age and younger, don't have the cash laying around to buy snow tires and get them mounted every winter. so that kind of law wouldn't be very pleasant.
Yea, and when you crash into my car with my kids in it when it could have been avoided ill show you what insurance is for

Its that way in many countries, and should be here too. It should just be part of you owning a car. Just like the stupid waste of a drivers licensing system here needs to be thrown out and have one adopted like in germany.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:15 PM
She thinks my TL's sexy.

Just like the stupid waste of a drivers licensing system here needs to be thrown out and have one adopted like in germany.
There are a few things I'd like to see modeled after Germany. *cough* autobahn *cough*
Old 08-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Senior Moderator

There are a few things I'd like to see modeled after Germany. *cough* autobahn *cough*
not with our current level of driving instruction.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:30 AM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
Yea, and when you crash into my car with my kids in it when it could have been avoided ill show you what insurance is for

Yeah i know you're right, but how would they enforce a law like that?

Also, if it was a state law, many states have different climates. For example, Rochester or Syracuse get much much more snow than NYC/Long Island. It doesn't snow enough by me to justify getting snow tires. So how is it fair to the people in the warmer side of the state? Would it be like a county law then?

Just pickin your brain
Old 08-16-2011, 03:53 PM
She thinks my TL's sexy.

not with our current level of driving instruction.
agreed

...and with our current system of laws and police modeled around revenue generation instead of safety.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by kdawg8526
havent found a road empty enough for a 1/4 mile run but i ran 6.1 0-60 time with a 60' time of 2.9. spinning thru all of first gear plus i have a 150 lb sub box in the trunk... i think without the box i can break into the 5's
One of those numbers is off. Otherwise your car would theoretically have the power to hit 60 mph in the high 4 second range on a 2.0x sixty foot time, which isn't happening!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 PM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
well thats what i got using dynolicious i dont know accurate that is but it seems about right for the amount of mods i have on my car
Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Suzuka Master

An automatic 2G TL-S at stock weight would need roughly 400 crank horsepower to hit sixty in 5 flat. Somehow I don't think you're quite at that level yet.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure your car can do 6.1 or even a bit better, but that 2.9 60' time is likely what's off. I would guess it to be more in the 2.20-2.30 range.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

What he said . . . on the street with poor tires you will spin hard, at the track it will still spin, but not near as much . . with good tires you should spin a little at the track . . with a base TL-P.

Note: There are so many variables with tires that what works good at a hot track won't work good in the cold. Summer tires are not good in the cold and are really bad in freezing temps. All Season tires provide a good balance, but won't do as well summer tires in the heat. The type of street makes a difference as well. Here we have mostly concrete, but black top provides better traction. Then there is tread width, tire weight, etc. It really is science when it come to the right tire for a given condition.

Ruf
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (08-16-2011)

Quick Reply: how much power to the wheels? (TL-P)