How I got my TL..........

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2000, 03:38 AM

Smile How I got my TL..........

Well, first of all, I'd like to introduce myself, I am the one and only Jaded Wallaby. I found this site after a few TL searches, and am ecstatic to see there is a complete site dedicated to the TL and mods for it. This site kicks big fat giant ass.

Okay, on to how I got my TL. This is sorta long, so get some coffee before ya start to read this. For the past year and a half, I've been trying to get my parents to buy a nice luxury car because I'd gotten sick of lookin at our butt ugly 93 Sable. They didn't really need one, my mom took the Sable to work, and my father took a bus to NYC where he worked. So my parents had one car, my brother who lives with us has a car, and then another brother who lives up in northern Jersey had a Sentra my pops bought for him. Everything was all fine and good when I was 15, but when I turned 16 and got my permit, I realized that in a year I'd need a car. I'd also remembered my parents recently talkin about how they wanted another car, a nice car this time, but they had no real need for it. So the devious little bastard that I am, I started harpin on my parents (the summer of last year) to buy the TL since it was such a kick ass car at such an attractive price, and said my mom should get the TL, while I'd take the Sable, but I had other plans. For about 9 months, I continued to annoy my parents and my father began to break down, which was good news for me. But just as I thought I had him, my brother in northern Jersey bought a new Cherokee for himself, meaning that he didn't need the Sentra anymore, and my parents didn't have to worry about getting a new car for me or for themselves. So my plans were shot to hell, I now had a car which was nice, but I had my heart set on a TL. By February of this year, I had my license, and I was drivin the Sentra, but I wasn't satisfied, so I continued to harp on my father, and he broke down and bought the TL in April of this year. Phase I of my plan was a sucess, we now had a TL, I just had to work out a plan on how to take control of the car.

In the next phase, I told my pops that I'd take care of the car whenever anyone drove it, and declared myself the care-taker of the car. Well, since no one needed to drive it, it sad idle in my garage, and each day I'd come home from school and wash it or wax it. Slowly as the days went on, I became very (freakishly, as I still am) protective of the car, not letting anyone drive, touch it, or even look at it unless it was completely necessary. Phase two was going along slowly and without any short term goals, when I got lucky, my pops office moved and he needed a car. I forcefully suggested he take the Sentra for the commute, reminding him the TL was a new car and he shouldn't kill it. The plan worked, he took the Sentra to work, my mom kept using the Sable, and now the TL is now my baby. I have to tell ya, it was nice to have a TL as a junior in High School, and its gonna be just as good as a Senior.

Well, since then, my father's office moved back to where it used to be, but regardless of that, the TL is MY car (mostly for parties and stuff), and the Sentra is my workhorse. I guess you can say I'm a lucky bastard, my friends just call me a bastard. As for my parents, they want a luxury car for themselves (sounds funny right) so they're lookin at the RL, but they plan to get rid of the Sable and Sentra, which I have no problem with. A little report on that brother who bought the car, I found out he did it partially because he wanted to foil my plans to take the TL for myself, I'd suspected as such because of his timing in getting his car.

And thats how I got my TL, I'm lookin forward to havin some nice discussions with ya.

The Jaded Wallaby

Old 09-05-2000, 06:00 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Good grief, that's quite a first post. Good thing you didn't mistype your password.

Welcome to the board. You devious scheming bastard... j/k

I hope you can mod it, since its only partly your car. That's the best part about owning one.

------------------
Kenny
TL
Old 09-05-2000, 08:00 AM

Smile

Welcome to the board and congrats on the successful devious planning Man, drivin a TL in high school....you gonna be da man! I would've loved to have my TL to show off in high school but now that I think about it, my old '93 Accord sure got beat to hell in the school parking lot. Just the average asses that don't care about other people's cars. Take care of your baby and be sure to park at least 2 miles from any sign of civilization ...I think I saw it in the owners manual to do so Happy posting!

------------------
-ShaguraTL
------------------
1999 Acura 3.2 TL non-nav
Laguna Green / Fern Interior
Stock...but not for long

Old 09-05-2000, 08:19 AM

Welcome to the board.
You're not planning any devious scheme on us are you???

Old 09-05-2000, 03:03 PM

I'm definately gonna mod it, new exhaus, shocks, a body kit....the works. As for takin it to the high school, I'm gonna take the Sentra for most of the time, but when I do take the TL, I found a nice cozy area where my car can sit alone, hundreds of feet away from the others.
In regards to scheming on the forum, I'd never do that......or would I? No I wouldn't, but I could......and so on and so forth.

Jaded Wallaby

------------------
2000 3.2TL w/navi, Monteray Blue Pearl

Old 09-05-2000, 03:11 PM
Instructor

Lightbulb

Welcome,

Can we employ your scheming services to ***** and nag Acura for foglights!

------------------

Old 09-05-2000, 03:13 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dude, so you drive a TL in high school? Are there a lot of BMW's or MB's?

------------------

Silver 2000 TL w/ Nav.
Future mods? maybe...
Old 09-05-2000, 03:27 PM

Ya know, actually I've been talkin to a couple of guys at the local dealership about the foglights. I know they know something we don't know.....I'm workin on em, but don't expect any miracles, those guys seem just about as devious and bastardly as me.

UW TL: Yeah, I drive it to school, only when the weather is perfect, and if I get up early so I can avoid school traffic. I think there are like 3 kids that drive 91-96 MBs and one kid who got an IS300 this year. One of my friends drives a 96 GT, and those are about the best cars in the school. It seems as though everyone else is driving a neon, old accord, or beetle.....ewww, I hate d'em beetles.

Old 09-06-2000, 01:03 AM

Red face

You lucky bastard! j/k. I mean i have my 97tl, but its no damn 2000! I bet you get all the ho's! But its all good welcome to the board

Old 09-06-2000, 02:20 AM

Originally posted by 97*tL*:
.....I bet you get all the ho's! But its all good welcome to the board

Yes, yes I do : )

Old 09-06-2000, 10:54 AM
Pro

Originally posted by Jaded Wallaby:

Yes, yes I do : )
Add Egotistical to Devious and Underhanded... lol, j/k.

Advice? get a job, you're gonna need mad cash to pay for all your mods... unless youre happy with a drop in filter and a few stickers...
Old 09-06-2000, 01:02 PM
Racer

Smile

J W, where you live again....
Welcome to the board

------------------
Old 09-06-2000, 03:54 PM

F=MA.....you forgot bastardly...hehe. I just started a web developing company and may perhaps a job lined up. Thats how I plan to make my money, sittin right here at home.

Pawel, I live in East Brunswick, New Jersey...I just realized I forgot to put that in my profile, I'll change that right now.

------------------
2000 3.2TL w/navi, Monteray Blue Pearl

Old 09-12-2000, 07:51 PM

Look for MafiosoTL's car. He lives by you. I think there are pics in the Gallery section.

------------------
2000 3.2 TL Silver/Navi

Old 11-08-2000, 12:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Holy itch! Iceneedle, you live in west orange too? Ice we should meet up dude! I own Sun Wah Kitchen on Northfield Ave in West Orange by St. Cloud, you near?

Couple of people close by Mafia, Street Effectz in your area Wallaby: You sick little bastard. Well, I used to drive my Legend when I was in High school and I was the sh!t back then.

------------------

2001 Acura 3.2TL w/ Navi Black ext. Ebony int., Sunroof Visor and more to come!
Old 11-08-2000, 02:08 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wish i had my Tl when i was in high school, (it was only about 5 month ago) but my accord was one of the best looking cars in school anyways, but alot of people keyed my car, so.... dont drive nice cars to school...

------------------
Bad ass TL...but...
Cant afford Mods.....
Old 11-08-2000, 05:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Damn...I had to pay for mine.

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. Soon to have 17" wheels. Lowered 1.5" & Comptech Axle back Exhaust.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:45 PM
WDP Is Faster

god..your a very lucky fawker man...

Well it's crazy how now-a-days, kids are driving so many nice cars in high school. In my high school (last year), i had a guy who drived a m3, a girl who drove a S500, a guy who drove a evolution, and girl who drove a 330 XI with couple tv screens in there, a girl who drove an escalade, a girl who drove a s600 kompressor..a guy who drove a brand new corvette and i would keep going..but then god..too many to list..

F U HIGH SCHOOLERS HAHA
Old 07-14-2004, 06:09 PM
El Presidente

Originally Posted by reloaded
god..your a very lucky fawker man...

Well it's crazy how now-a-days, kids are driving so many nice cars in high school. In my high school (last year), i had a guy who drived a m3, a girl who drove a S500, a guy who drove a evolution, and girl who drove a 330 XI with couple tv screens in there, a girl who drove an escalade, a girl who drove a s600 kompressor..a guy who drove a brand new corvette and i would keep going..but then god..too many to list..

F U HIGH SCHOOLERS HAHA
a lil late arent we? this thread is 4 years old :o
Old 07-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
haha damn 4 years later, I wonder how he found it. I thought the search function was all messed up for older post. He must of done some deep digging.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

how the hell did this thread come up after 4 years?! thats crazy. i wonder if the person is still on the board. that would be kinda coo.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Gi-Yeah!

Props. I'm gonna be a senior too, my parents would kill me for taking the TL-S to school. Meanwhile, i drive '03 civic, but the weekends the car is mine for parties. You should have hit your parents up for a type-s.

Working on mods, first on my list is an intake then an OEM Kit.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Banned

I beat ya wallaby

except mom and dad gave me my 02 tl type s

and my recent 10k post got a lot of flaming because im puttin mods in and im spoiled :P
Old 07-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Banned

Damn Hes 2 Years Older Than Me

And Its 4 Years Later Wtf
Old 07-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
WTF???

This thread was 4 years old.