How could I find out what day my car was Manufactured

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 08:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How could I find out what day my car was Manufactured

Hi, I just picked up my TL-S last Thursday and I was wondering if I can find out what day it was built. Is the dealer my only source for this, or can I somehow reference my VIN number. I don't see any info on the window sticker. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 07-25-2001, 09:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

There's no way to tell the exact day of manufacture, but you can tell the month and year. On the driver's door jamb there is a decal that shows the VIN, GAWR and GVWR information as well as the month and year of manufacture. You can find this in the upper right corner. I've attached a sample from my former 2000 TL (made in 1/00):

Old 07-25-2001, 09:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2001, 02:53 PM
Instructor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RAdams
[B]There's no way to tell the exact day of manufacture, but you can tell the month and year. On the driver's door jamb there is a decal that shows the VIN, GAWR and GVWR information as well as the month and year of manufacture. You can find this in the upper right corner. I've attached a sample from my former 2000 TL (made in 1/00):

There are 2 ways to get the info:

1) The build sheet for the car. I have the one for my TL-S. The car was built 6/19-20/01. The dealer will trash this when they do the PDI, When I picked mine up, I asked not to remove any of the plastic, and on the passanger seat laid this sheet under the plastic.

2) The dealer should be able pull a report from his system that will give you all of the info. I know with Ford, it is called an "Oasis Report" Not sure what Honda/Acura calls it. Might want to give Wayne a call @ Park Avenue Acura to get this info if your dealer will not help.

Hope this helps
Old 07-25-2001, 02:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gvtire
[B]
Originally posted by RAdams
There's no way to tell the exact day of manufacture, but you can tell the month and year. On the driver's door jamb there is a decal that shows the VIN, GAWR and GVWR information as well as the month and year of manufacture. You can find this in the upper right corner. I've attached a sample from my former 2000 TL (made in 1/00):

There are 2 ways to get the info:

1) The build sheet for the car. I have the one for my TL-S. The car was built 6/19-20/01. The dealer will trash this when they do the PDI, When I picked mine up, I asked not to remove any of the plastic, and on the passanger seat laid this sheet under the plastic.

2) The dealer should be able pull a report from his system that will give you all of the info. I know with Ford, it is called an "Oasis Report" Not sure what Honda/Acura calls it. Might want to give Wayne a call @ Park Avenue Acura to get this info if your dealer will not help.

Hope this helps

Thanks, I'll try to ask for that. All I know so far is that it was made in June '01.
Old 07-25-2001, 03:33 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Re: How could I find out what day my car was Manufactured

Originally posted by TUFF GONG
Hi, I just picked up my TL-S last Thursday and I was wondering if I can find out what day it was built. Is the dealer my only source for this, or can I somehow reference my VIN number. I don't see any info on the window sticker. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Congrats w/your car! What do you think of it? Did everything go smoothly?