How can I fold the back seat down?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005 | 03:53 PM
3rd Gear

Lightbulb How can I fold the back seat down?

Hey all, this is my first post here.

I have a 2000 TL with the BOSE system, I need to know how to fold my back seat down, b/c I need to access the factory amp which powers the subwoofer in order to hook it up to my new head unit.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Old 12-15-2005 | 04:03 PM
Yes it is!

It's not a standard feature. I imagine there are structural supports between the seat and the trunk to increase stiffness, that a regular Honda wouldn't have.

You'll have to pull the seat out, which I know someone on here can tell you how. Otherwise you might be able to access the sub from the trunk?
Old 12-15-2005 | 04:12 PM
3rd Gear

thanks man.

Can anyone tell me how to take the back seat out?
Old 12-15-2005 | 04:25 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I'll tell you what I remember but it's been awhile since I've removed mine. There is one bolt in between the back of the seat and the bottom of the seat just a little bit to the right (as you are sitting in the bacseat) of the 2 seatbelt clips on the passenger side. You'll need an extension to get in there...but I don't remember what size it is, maybe a 10mm. Then pull up firmly on the front of the seat (where your knees would be) to release the clips and slide the bottom section forward and out. After that you shoulde see the 3 remaining bolts...one on each side by the seatbelts and one on kind of in the middle by the other seatbelt clip. Then pull/push up firmly on the seatback from the bottom to release the clips that go into the rear deck and everything should come out. That should give you a decent amount of room to work with.
Old 12-15-2005 | 04:26 PM
Intermediate

First you have to take the bottom part of the seat out, two bolts near the left and right buckles, you will have to get a socket extension to get the wrench in there, then pull up on the front of the bench and pull out. Then once you have that out, there are two more bolts on the far sides near the bottom of the back part of the seat, remove those, move the seat belts out of the way, and push up on the seat until the top falls forward then you can take it out. The amp is on the passenger side, very easy to see.
Old 12-15-2005 | 04:27 PM
3rd Gear

hey thanks for the info, that should help.

i'm not going to be the one actually doing the work, LOL, but I will pass that info along to my friend who is helping me.
Old 12-15-2005 | 04:48 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Originally Posted by Me... in many many threads about this exact topic.... please search

you have to take the rear seat off and it is behind the rear seat on the passenger side..

To take it off you'll need a 8mm socket with an extension.
there are black 8mm bolts beside the seatbelt bolts, you don't need to take the seatbelt bolts out just the small 8mm ones. I think there is 4 or five.. after the botls are out the bottom seat will pull up and the rear will also slid up 6 inches and you can pull it out.. doesn't take too long..Enjoy

There you go... If you would have used the search feature (just above) you would be able to find this thread quite easily..

There is a seperate search for the off topic area, if you don't go to the off topic area before you search it will only search the car forums area, without checking the wash and wax, audio, car talk, and other areas of the off topic area.

welcome to the board... if you need help on the wiring diagram fot the stock amp, just send a PM with youir e-mail address and I'll get it to ya.
Old 12-15-2005 | 06:22 PM
TL Q(

i just put on tokico illumina. i guess i'll have to remove my back seat in order to adjust the rear structs, correct?
Old 12-15-2005 | 07:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by wmah523
i just put on tokico illumina. i guess i'll have to remove my back seat in order to adjust the rear structs, correct?
How did you put them on without taking the back seat out? Or are you one of those that take it places to have it done J/K jus playin. Yea the seat will have to come out to adjust if the adjuster is on the top
Old 12-15-2005 | 08:24 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
How did you put them on without taking the back seat out? Or are you one of those that take it places to have it done J/K jus playin. Yea the seat will have to come out to adjust if the adjuster is on the top
Aren't you able to remove just the rear deck without having to remove the back seat. I don't recall removing my back seat when I installed my Tokico Blues, but it was a while ago and I don't remember.
Old 12-15-2005 | 08:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by snowman81
Aren't you able to remove just the rear deck without having to remove the back seat. I don't recall removing my back seat when I installed my Tokico Blues, but it was a while ago and I don't remember.
its easier to pull the back seat out to get to them, and i think you need to lift the back seat out to get to the rear deck