Horrible Service Experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 11:44 PM
Jae
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Horrible Service Experience

Hey guys...I don't post much, but I thought this would be a good place to vent my anger at the terrible service I received. I'm so jealous of you guys back east with your Park Ave. Acura....damn YOU!!!!!

I have a 2001 TL with 16,000 highway miles, it will be 1 year on 12/26/01. I mostly use the car to commute to work. Anyways, my tranny crapped out on me...it was pretty scary.

My local Acura dealer (Torrance Acura) is a couple of miles away from me. I didn't buy the car there because I didn't like the salesmen. I had a 91 integra that I used to take there for service, but took it to an independent honda service garage after a few bad instances. I hadn't been there in awhile, and they just remodeled their facilities and started sending me coupons, so I went back......big mistake.

The tranny went out last Monday, and today I went to pick up my car. It was on hold for the solenoids that seem to be in short supply. During that time, they said I could rent a car (Corolla) if I wanted. I didn't take them up since I was driving the wifeys Benz while she was out of town, but decided to, just for the heck of it.

I was so happy today....was actually missing my car more than my wife :o, that I got of work a little early, took the rentacar back, and got rushed to the dealer. When they brought the car around, it was filthy. But I didn't care...I actually was looking forward to washing it this weekend. I got in and drove off. A few miles down the street, I noticed the car was still shifting kinda funny into third...kinda like it did right before the tranny crapped out. I pulled a uturn and headed back.

I get there and asked for the service manager and told him the problem hasn't been fixed, that its still shifting funny. He says are you sure? You haven't driven the car for a week... He was implying that I must be imagining it. I cut him off and told him that I wasn't satisfied. I wasn't going to put myself into danger by driving the car. I almost lost control when the tranny crapped out on me going 80 mph on the 405 at 5am in the morning. He proceded to say that he would gladly have the service tech look at the car. I asked him if the service guy took it out for road testing after he fixed the car. I was getting pissed...

He finally agrees to get a new tranny for me, but warns me that it that he will have to order it, and it could take up to a week or more. He says I can drive the car until the part comes in. I was pretty exhausted at that point so I told him to order the part and drove home.

I park the car in the garage, and take a quick circle around the car to check for dings, scratches, etc. and notice that there is writing on my trunk. Like someone took a finger to your filthy window and wrote "Wash Me". Utilizing my eight years of Spanish, I deciphered the partial message. Attached you will find a disturbing image I took with my camera. I'll be emailing the service manager tomorrow and cc'ing American Honda/Acura.

Its kinda hard to read, but it says "Ronaldo es un ----". The last word was wiped away...but you can most definitely put any expletive in there to complete the sentence. I'm sure the service techs are hard at work at Peyton Cramer Acura.

One pissed off TL owner.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
WOW! That really blows! I would call Acura CS and see what they can do.

Rosh
Old 12-13-2001, 01:34 AM
Pro

man anybody could've told you to stay away from there. The only reason anyone goes there is because its the only local dealership in the PV, Lomita, Torrance, Redondo area. I have never had a good experience with those fvckers...i dealt with them when i was looking for my TL and i brought my integra in there once for service years back when i lived in torrance...i saw a fight between a customer and the salesguy there, a real yelling match (the dealership apparently sold an integra that the customer thought was sold to him)

Because they have a monopoly over there, somehow they have amassed enough funding to renovate and remodel...i will never ever go there again.

btw...they are not modification friendly...if you've done anything to your car they will charge you $35 just to look at your car if you have any problems.

hey we might get sued for this thread...rotflmao
Old 12-13-2001, 02:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

oh yeah i am so scared. bring it on and see what sh*t we could get on them

you are doing the right thing Jae, talk to everyone at acura and make sure you get a clear compensation (besides an obvious apology) for the incident. also, MAKE them get the tranny and have it sent to another dealer for repairment, claiming that you can't trust this dealer anymore. (dude you don't want them to touch your car anymore right?)

same thing happened to me too. santa monica acura service sux.... their manager, mike, is pretty decent. but besides him probably everyone else don't know nothing about cars.

if it isn't that i have free oil change there for 3 yrs i would never go back for service. they didn't even know about the seat belt rattling problem.....
Old 12-13-2001, 10:34 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's take that dealership on! hehe! I'm serious, those dealers should be put out of business, because they give Acura a bad name!!!

What does those spanish words mean???
Old 12-15-2001, 12:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by jimster716

hey we might get sued for this thread...rotflmao
I was about to say the same thing!! You guys better watch it, the dealership will get you!!
Old 12-15-2001, 02:45 AM
Instructor

Hey Jae,

I guess we are neighbors, cause I live in Torrance. Hmm....you said you went to Torrance Acura, you mean Peython Cramer Acura right? Don't tell them that I said this but, omg, their sales service really sucked. I was going to buy my TL from there but they pissed me off so bad I got up and left. This one short hair sales kept on asking me if I can actually afford a 30k car since I am only like 20. And since my English ain't that great, he kept saying things like: they can't car sell it under MSRP because it's a hot buy and if I don't want to buy it, someone else will. I got so mad Anyways, I ended up getting my car from Cerritos Acura and at a good price too. Okay, peace out. And hope you get your car fixed soon.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:32 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Horrible Service Experience

Originally posted by Jae
Its kinda hard to read, but it says "Ronaldo es un ----". The last word was wiped away...but you can most definitely put any expletive in there to complete the sentence. I'm sure the service techs are hard at work at Peyton Cramer Acura.
I take it your name is Renaldo? If it isn't then some fools must of just been joking around with each other (still I'd be annoyed, but that's about it), but if that is trully your name, then that means WAR!