Honda Inspire

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 11:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Honda Inspire

I been trying to get my 99TL to be as close to the Honda Inspire as possible. I got the badges and will replace my Acura one soon. Just ordered the Inspire grill and taillight. Anyone know what major difference between the two cars are? I know the Inspire has a real sidemarker, bumper with fog lights,.....anyone know how easy it is to replace the steering wheel with a honda accord? I just want the Honda symbol instead of the Acura.....
Old 03-05-2003, 11:57 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

You're going to replace the airbag only because you want honda emblem on it?? :wow:
Old 03-05-2003, 12:43 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

lol good luck on the airbag...
Old 03-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Racer

Dont take this personaly.
heres an idea ... trade your TL for the Inspire if your that impressed....it'l probablybe safer,since your gonna be messing with airbags... IMHO.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Banned

Why would you want to mark it up as a Honda? 99.5% of American John Q. Public will not know of an Inspire; they'll automatically default the name of Honda to an Accord or Civic. Be proud of the Acura nameplate...
Old 03-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Banned

One other thing... when your conversion is complete, be sure to tell us how you changed the Acura designation on the title and registration in your state.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Banned

why u gotta be such an ass? let the guy do whatever the hell he wants. who cares what other people think it is. im in the process of doing the same conversion on my '03 tl-s. you wanna know why?? because it APPEALS TO ME. 2onpar5... from the way u apparently see things.... you cant do any mods to your car. 99.5% of American John Q. Public will not like what you have done or know what it is and mistake it for a CIVIC.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Racer

He just wants to be different. I say go for it.

The airbag swap is going to be rough though.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Banned

Wow....my main idea was asking what other difference there was between an inspire and a TL.....I never said i was going to mess with the airbag.....I was asking how hard it would be....I'll be sticking to the outside work. I personally don't care about the Acura symbol (I bought this car for personal enjoyment and not to swell my head)....You tell me Lexus and I'll tell you its a Toyota. Thats why I enjoy a Honda Inspire because there is no marketing gimmic in Japan (Acura is just a marking gimmic to compete with other like Lexus etc.) I had my Acura for nearly 4 yrs and I want a change (thats why I bought a nissan 350Z) but I can't seem to sell my TL because I grown attach to it (So I'll drive it till its dead). I'm starting to mod my car because I crave change in it. Jean I can't trade in my TL for an inspire because 1) I have an attachment to my car. 2) Inspire driver seat is on the right side. 3)It be more trouble to import an Inspire, then to have some1 replace my whole steering wheel. 2ONPAR5 don't be an AHOLE. My main question is for a list of differences between an Inspire and TL. If you have some comment about how stupid my idea is, don't post it cuz I don't give a damn. Thanks Str8acura and mentl, I like this post because I know there are people on it that understand the way I think.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by hzm82
Wow....my main idea was asking what other difference there was between an inspire and a TL.....I never said i was going to mess with the airbag.....I was asking how hard it would be....I'll be sticking to the outside work. I personally don't care about the Acura symbol (I bought this car for personal enjoyment and not to swell my head)....You tell me Lexus and I'll tell you its a Toyota. Thats why I enjoy a Honda Inspire because there is no marketing gimmic in Japan (Acura is just a marking gimmic to compete with other like Lexus etc.) I had my Acura for nearly 4 yrs and I want a change (thats why I bought a nissan 350Z) but I can't seem to sell my TL because I grown attach to it (So I'll drive it till its dead). I'm starting to mod my car because I crave change in it. Jean I can't trade in my TL for an inspire because 1) I have an attachment to my car. 2) Inspire driver seat is on the right side. 3)It be more trouble to import an Inspire, then to have some1 replace my whole steering wheel. 2ONPAR5 don't be an AHOLE. My main question is for a list of differences between an Inspire and TL. If you have some comment about how stupid my idea is, don't post it cuz I don't give a damn. Thanks Str8acura and mentl, I like this post because I know there are people on it that understand the way I think.

The person you should really talk to is songoku cause he pretty much transformed his TL to the Inspire. I think there's only a few minor emblems and grill to change into something that's very close to the JDM Inspire. You can get most of the stuff from Mike at Value. Good luck and post pics after you've done it.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:51 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

I've done my INSPIRE conversion & you know what? It's your car. Who cares about what other people say. I had this thread before when I was doing conversion & I've heard all about this.

What's the whole point of making modification on the car? Want to be stands out, right?

Old 03-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Instructor

Re: Honda Inspire

Anyone know what major difference between the two cars are? I know the Inspire has a real sidemarker, bumper with fog lights
Inspire has rims with HONDA logo on the center of them. The speed meter has "km/h" range only not mph and the maximum speed on the meter is 180 km/h because it is a law here to cut off fuel at the speed.
And biggest difference is that the steering wheel is on the right.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Theres so many differences I could go on for hours but you can get near what it looks like
Old 03-05-2003, 11:13 PM
Advanced

(Acura is just a marking gimmic to compete with other like Lexus etc.) 2ONPAR5 don't be an AHOLE. My main question is for a list of differences between an Inspire and TL. If you have some comment about how stupid my idea is, don't post it cuz I don't give a damn.

First off im not too sure how much in competition Acura and Lex are, RSX, i can t think of a lex to compare, TL, I guess the 300 series for lex is coparable, but not even close on price, I hope no one compares a RL with a lex 400. Plus Lexs are luxury, arent acuras entry lux or something like that.
And as for 20NPAR5, he is not being an AHOLE, your being a prick by calling him one. I mean damn you act like you think you own this post because you started it, just because he wanted to tell you what HE thinks, buddy this is an open forum and if you dont want anyone getting on your case, dont post, your opinion is just as valid as his, and hell if he thinks it is a stupid idea so be it he is entitled to that and no one can take it away from him. So 2ONPAR5, go ahead and give your opinion anytime its a free country.
One last thing to hzm82 i hope you dont give a damn about this post either ya big baby learn to take some critisism, I personaly think your idea is a waste of time, looks rediculus since we live in America and have Acuras, but hey Im sure you wouldnt like my orange engine parts, or some other stuff in my car, and that is just the point, my damn car and ill do what i want and what I like to it, you dont like it fine, you do great, as long as I like it that is all that matters to me, and it should be the same way for you.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:35 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Someone should start a poll to see what the people think of the inspire conversion... j/k
Old 03-06-2003, 01:01 AM
l33t

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to do the inspire conversion just to be different... cant throw a rock without hitting a gold on tan 3.2 TL....

Its easy as hell to replace/remove the airbag and the steering wheel. Ive done it 2 or 3 times... Keep putting on new steering wheels as i wear them out fast for some reason.

Here, heres big time perfect instructions on removal.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/accwoodwhl.pdf

PS, if your going to change the airbag, put your old on on eBay, you will get most of your $$$ back from the Accord airbag.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:47 AM
Racer

Damn...i didn't know the TL/Inspire conversion can be so hostile, I wanna get the Burlwood steering wheel wit the H emblem...i hope nobody gets offended by that too =P
Old 03-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Racer

(Acura is just a marking gimmic to compete with other like Lexus etc.)
I agree.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Banned

First of all, I bet hzm82 and str8acura are under 30 years old. Every kid out there is trying to become something they are presently not, including the cars they drive. It's natural evolution. I did the same mod on a 1981 Monte Carlo to have a 1983 Monte Carlo Super Sport.... a lot of money for alot of girls.

Now when 40 approaches, the mods I'm considering to my 2003 TL include carbon reinforced wings, aviontics, missiles, verticle thrust engines, etc... I'm going to have me a Harrier Jump-Jet. Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. Seems natural evolution still applies to us old farts, but the taste in mods require bigger check books.

We all want to be unique.

Of course I'm being facetious as I'm not trying to be an A-Hole with the replies; I'm just looking out for my Acura buddies. If you want to mark your TL up as a Inspire, Mercedes, Ford, or whatever then go for it if it makes you happy. My words of wisdom are that most mods are lousy investments. You will never get your money back out. And if you can justify that expense for the internal happiness your receive, then go for it. Personally, hookers would have been a cheaper method than my mods to the old Monte Carlo!

Thanks BLACKTLS420 for supporting the right of any minority opinions on this forum. God Bless America!
Old 03-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by 2ONPAR5
First of all, I bet hzm82 and str8acura are under 30 years old. Every kid out there is trying to become something they are presently not, including the cars they drive. It's natural evolution. I did the same mod on a 1981 Monte Carlo to have a 1983 Monte Carlo Super Sport.... a lot of money for alot of girls.

Now when 40 approaches, the mods I'm considering to my 2003 TL include carbon reinforced wings, aviontics, missiles, verticle thrust engines, etc... I'm going to have me a Harrier Jump-Jet. Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. Seems natural evolution still applies to us old farts, but the taste in mods require bigger check books.

We all want to be unique.

Of course I'm being facetious as I'm not trying to be an A-Hole with the replies; I'm just looking out for my Acura buddies. If you want to mark your TL up as a Inspire, Mercedes, Ford, or whatever then go for it if it makes you happy. My words of wisdom are that most mods are lousy investments. You will never get your money back out. And if you can justify that expense for the internal happiness your receive, then go for it. Personally, hookers would have been a cheaper method than my mods to the old Monte Carlo!

Thanks BLACKTLS420 for supporting the right of any minority opinions on this forum. God Bless America!

Get some of those missiles and verticle thrust engines for me too Your right though, modding a car is for personal reasons and you hardly get the money you put in back. I'm just happy to have a car like the TL that can get me from point A to point B and some complements along the way works for me just fine.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Banned

One other thing... when your conversion is complete, be sure to tell us how you changed the Acura designation on the title and registration in your state.
fyi... thats why i called you an ass hole. then i went back and read your first post and thought you were an opinionated ass hole. so there you go.
when im 30 years old im gonna be rolling in a nice ass car hooked up to the max. why? its what i like. i get enjoyment out of doing things to my car. its my hobbie. no one asked you for your opinion. look at the initial post. you pretty muched changed the whole topic of conversation with your first post. also, how exaclty are you trying to look out for your "acura buddies"? let me guess... your going around telling them that they shouldnt mod because you dont like it or beacuse you say its a lousy investment or w/e. whats it to you what we want to do? oh and just so you know... the car says honda on multiple places already.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Racer

I agree with Str8Acura...aye bro when i'm 30 i'll pull right next to you in a hooked up car too...go pimpin =) hahahaha...everyone got their own opinions, just don't be a ass about it. Fellow Acura buddies? we got a Acura clan? wooo wooo! can i be in it? I'll burn my honda t shirts and everythign!
Old 03-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Banned

That is also the reason I called him an Ahole. Yes, this is an open fourm but lets stick with the orginal thread. I was not asking if an Acura will turn more heads then a Honda. Or if a TL is better then the Inspire. I respected 2ONPAR5 for him believing Acura is better then a Honda, but not for stupid comments like the one above. He should respect my options and my personal taste. I'm under 30, whats your point? Age doesn't come with maturity. Then your comment about investments.....its a car, you already lost 1/4 your money when you drove the car off the lot. I mod for personal enjoyment. If you want to invest get a bond or cd.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Intermediate

Making a mock Inspire out of a TL is pretty damn esoteric if ya ask me, but I'm impressed with the effort! I mean come on, the only difefrences are small cosmetic ones. If I still drove a TL and wanted some interesting mods I'd look to the Japaneese market stuff like the fender cameras and rear sun shade or perhaps two-tone dash. Heck, what you're trying to do is like changing a Buick into a Pontiac.

If you change to a faux Inspire I imagine dudes will say "WTF is an Inspire?" and you'll say "I converted my Acura TL into one" and they'll say "uh ... okay ... so you put different trunk emblem on?" Then you say, "no, I spent three thousand dollars" and they'll say "uh ... cool ... I guess."

Anyway, it'll never be an Inspire no matter what you do. You can sew a penis on a chick for three grand but the result will be a freaky transvestite, not a man.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Banned

LOL ExOwner, I know it will never be an Inspire, but I'm glad cuz I like the steering wheel on the left side.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Racer

Ewww..i dunt think that penis metaphor was called for
Old 03-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally posted by str8acura

fyi... thats why i called you an ass hole. then i went back and read your first post and thought you were an opinionated ass hole. so there you go.
when im 30 years old im gonna be rolling in a nice ass car hooked up to the max. why? its what i like. i get enjoyment out of doing things to my car. its my hobbie. no one asked you for your opinion. look at the initial post. you pretty muched changed the whole topic of conversation with your first post. also, how exaclty are you trying to look out for your "acura buddies"? let me guess... your going around telling them that they shouldnt mod because you dont like it or beacuse you say its a lousy investment or w/e. whats it to you what we want to do? oh and just so you know... the car says honda on multiple places already.
True that no one asked for my opinion... in fact since this reply is an opinion DON'T read anymore, STR8ACURA, of my posts... if you reply then YOU HAVE ASKED (CONSUMED) MY OPINION either directly or indirectly.

BTW if you can't take a dissenting opinion, then you need to stay inside playing your nintendo, or with yourself, or wtf every makes you happy.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Banned

That is also the reason I called him an Ahole. Yes, this is an open fourm but lets stick with the orginal thread. I was not asking if an Acura will turn more heads then a Honda. Or if a TL is better then the Inspire. I respected 2ONPAR5 for him believing Acura is better then a Honda, but not for stupid comments like the one above. He should respect my options and my personal taste. I'm under 30, whats your point? Age doesn't come with maturity. Then your comment about investments.....its a car, you already lost 1/4 your money when you drove the car off the lot. I mod for personal enjoyment. If you want to invest get a bond or cd.

I think you mean maturity doesn't come with age... true. Hopefully your f@ck-up quotient drops a little though unless your a real dumb @ss.

BTW the smack on changing your title was a facetious comment... but I see you are really high-strung and must stick to the "whats" and "hows" of the post and avoid questions of "why." Maybe you need to enlist and become a target for that Wacky Iraqi Saddam. Then when you get back you'll be able to chill in your kicking faux Inspire Acura TL.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Banned

2onpar5... you know what? F U C K YOU and your opinion. your probably some broke ass 50 year old homo. sit on your finger and twirl you fukin homo.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Banned

I think you mean maturity doesn't come with age... true. Hopefully your f@ck-up quotient drops a little though unless your a real dumb @ss.

BTW the smack on changing your title was a facetious comment... but I see you are really high-strung and must stick to the "whats" and "hows" of the post and avoid questions of "why." Maybe you need to enlist and become a target for that Wacky Iraqi Saddam. Then when you get back you'll be able to chill in your kicking faux Inspire Acura TL.
umm ok, wtf are you talking about now, I'm entitle to my options about modding and the inspire. From reading your post you seem really immature. I never put you down for your options, You're welcome to it, but don't dis other people's options. I didn't like your quote directed at me and you were being an ass about it. Thats all I had to say.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:05 AM
Advanced

Maybe you need to enlist and become a target for that Wacky Iraqi Saddam.
I thought you were all right till this little comment, not cool dude, our US troops are over there risking there lives so you can drive your old ass around in your stock TL. NOT FUNNY, I would have smacked you in the mouth if you ever said anything like that in front of me. But anyway Im not going to be a total baby about it, like some people, I am probably the youngest, if not close to it, person in this thread, and all I can think of is what a bunch of whiny babies. I called hzm82 a prick baby in my last post, nothing was said about it (probably because he knows im right), but this guy 2ONPAR5, made one little joke about your car always being an Acura, which is true by the way, and you freak out and start the name calling, ya real mature. Any way since this is an OPEN FORUM you cant tell people what to type, If I want to tell you that your idea is a waste of time, stupid looking, and a big waste of money, I'll tell you, wait I think I just did. And you know what you can do about it...nothing, not a damn thing. You dont like what someone has to say tough, dont read it.
And str8acura, what is your problem, why are you jumping down this guys throat, minus the comment I quoted he is the only one acting like a civilized person, and your telling him FU. I dont think he wrote one mean or directly vindictive comment like you guys.

One honest question though, do you think people in Japan are doing the INSPIRE to TL conversion?
Old 03-07-2003, 01:38 AM
Banned

wow, we really got off topic didn't we? This is an open forum and if I want to call some1 an AHole, I'm welcome to that right? Just like you can tell me how much my idea sucks. If str8acura wants to tell 2ONPAR5 to go FukOff he can do that too because its an open forum. So why don't you stop being a hypocrite and an Ahole BlackTLS420(yes I can say that because like you said its an open forum and you can't tell people what to type, and there isn't a thing you can do about that). Do I really care if people in Japan is doing TL conversion, no I don't. Also just like how i don't have to read your comments, you don't have to post your non helpful comments either. But you're welcome to post anything and I just can't pass up arguments eithers.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:53 AM
Racer

OK ok...enough now...stop the name calling...everybody said their opinion on the JDM idea...so now everythings been heard so just let the man do his conversion...go ahead bro...and let me know how quick it takes you to get the parts too...cuz i heard shipping and waiting is a *****...let me know if it takes awhile...and i like the H emblem better den the A anyways...let's see if peepo gonna curse me out for that one too =P
Old 03-07-2003, 01:55 AM
Banned

Hey to the S. Florida people!
Old 03-07-2003, 01:57 AM
Racer

Dirty South!!!! And this is for the peepo getting mad about Acura to Honda...HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...how come no one getting mad at me? I wanna be called a ******* too =D lol
Old 03-07-2003, 02:02 AM
Banned

Originally posted by jspecinspire
and let me know how quick it takes you to get the parts too...cuz i heard shipping and waiting is a *****...let me know if it takes awhile...
Is there a big waiting if you ordered from Mikes?
Old 03-07-2003, 02:04 AM
Banned

Aww didn't mean to leave your out jspecinspire, you ahole. Happy? lol
Old 03-07-2003, 02:05 AM
Racer

I dunno...i was looking at another thread and they were saying it takes awhile and the customer service isn't that good...so i was kinda worried. Plus i heard the Value bumper cost alot to get shipped to FL. Bro if you can find out for me...and man your up late
Old 03-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Racer

Thanx bro...i feel so much more involved in this conversation now...seems like you guys have the magic touch to piss those guys off and i don't...i wanna argue with them too! I get so amused at peepo getting mad. Ok I know I need a life.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:10 AM
Banned

Oh, you if looked at the post about the inspire/saber grill, i haven't gotten the vaule bumper. My fiancee will kill me if I get that (not even married and I'm whipped...sadsadworld) I ordered the JDM style taillights off another site and the grill and badges off some1 from ebay. I can't find the vaule bumper anywhere else so I'll probably be getting it off Mike and I hear moans and groans about how long it takes. The bumper will have to wait till next month with my next pay check.

Quick Reply: Honda Inspire