HIDs STOLEN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HIDs STOLEN!!!

Ok so the story goes like this: I had my car at the dealership to replace my tranny (which they goodwilled to me, much appreciated) about two weeks ago. My car was in service for two days. Awhile before that, I had a set of HIDs for my fog lights installed. At the time of service they were disconnected and were just sitting there because one of my bulbs burnt out so I unplugged them and left them there until the new bulbs would arrive.
Today I went to replace the bulbs and my ballasts and igniters are GONE!!! Also, I found a set of pliers left by the mechanic by my intake filter. Now, what should I do? I want to go there tomorrow and talk to the service manager about this. How should I approach this situation with him?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
i feel the pain of stolen shit. Go back to the dealership and explain to service manager
Old 04-30-2008, 10:25 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
tell the manager that someone stole your hids while the car was in service then ask him if a mechanic is missing some pliers. thats teh person who probably took your hid's.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:26 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Holy shit you've got them in a tough spot. Get everything you can out of them. Make sure not to touch anything and see if there's any way you can get the police or a PI to take prints.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KSuchdeve
Holy shit you've got them in a tough spot. Get everything you can out of them. Make sure not to touch anything and see if there's any way you can get the police or a PI to take prints.

I don't want it to come to this... I just hope they'll give them back to me and say that they were in the way of the transmition replacement and they forgot to give them back to me. They are too expensive to just let go though...
Old 04-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Cruisin'

That plier's the evidence. look for any engrave initials! some mechs put their names on their stuff!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:42 PM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
what dealership did you go to? hinshaw's, southcenter, seattle, bellevue, or lynnwood?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:58 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

dude tell the service manager to ask amongst his service guys whose missing pliers b/c he found it laying down. once that person appears take the pliers and pinch his nipples with them until he admits theft or pops the hid units out of his pockets.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Instructor

I hate shady things like that, it might not even be the tech that left the pliers behind but one of his associates, they"the techs" will try to protect each other and deny most of the allegations, talk to the service manager asap!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wind'on'the'road
That plier's the evidence. look for any engrave initials! some mechs put their names on their stuff!
That’s a good idea but there’s nothing on them.

Originally Posted by AZN.M3NACE
what dealership did you go to? hinshaw's, southcenter, seattle, bellevue, or lynnwood?
I went to Acura of Lynnwood. The service manager was good and the service representative was very nice as well. It’s just this theft thing…

Originally Posted by slickrab
dude tell the service manager to ask amongst his service guys whose missing pliers b/c he found it laying down. once that person appears take the pliers and pinch his nipples with them until he admits theft or pops the hid units out of his pockets.
lol. That’s a good plan but I’m sure the service manager is going to protect his technicians. I have no idea how to bring this up so I actually have a good chance of getting them back.

Originally Posted by Gee-TR
I hate shady things like that, it might not even be the tech that left the pliers behind but one of his associates, they"the techs" will try to protect each other and deny most of the allegations, talk to the service manager asap!
Yeah I’m sure that’s what’s going to happen. They’ll just act dumb as there was nothing there and just take their pliers back. The double sided tape that held up the ballasts is still there, half torn obviously but is there.

Thanks to all of you for your sympathy and for your advice in this. I hope I get them back; I loved how they light up the road with my 8000k low beams.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Awesome Memeber

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell them you will take it to the police if they dont return it...hopefully they will be honest and return it. Good luck bro
Old 05-01-2008, 01:57 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
pull out eyebalsl
Old 05-01-2008, 02:31 PM
wat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Malayalee King
pull out eyebalsl

LOL best. advice. ever.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:58 PM
2Poor 2Furious

And don't let the service manager say "I don't know who worked on your car." They have records of which mechanic worked on which car, and the hours they get billed.

Get your buddy to dress up in a suit with a briefcase, and take notes of everything they say on a yellow legal pad. That'll scare em a bit.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Man, I feel your pain. If it was lost when your car was in service, they should be responsible.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Instructor

Thats pretty lame. I like acura of lynnwood. I was going to drive down there tomorrow to have them look at my car. Keep us informed as to how it goes.

When i have to deal with stuff like this, i like to give them an excuse to replace them for me but not take a blame. It's usually easier for them to admit to "taking them out and forgetting to put them back in" rather than to "having a tech stealing parts off customers cars"

I dont always get what i want though, so maybe its not the best approach :p
Old 05-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
pull out eyebalsl
lol.. yeah I wish… With their own pliers. lol

Originally Posted by t0ast
And don't let the service manager say "I don't know who worked on your car." They have records of which mechanic worked on which car, and the hours they get billed.

Get your buddy to dress up in a suit with a briefcase, and take notes of everything they say on a yellow legal pad. That'll scare em a bit.
Yeah I’m sure they can find out who worked on the car if they actually start investigating. I wont try the Private Investigator imitation just yet… I’m hoping they’ll just say that they forgot to put them back in.

Originally Posted by acutee
Man, I feel your pain. If it was lost when your car was in service, they should be responsible.
thanks budd. They are responsible, I just have to make sure they understand that.

Originally Posted by cyde7399
Thats pretty lame. I like acura of lynnwood. I was going to drive down there tomorrow to have them look at my car. Keep us informed as to how it goes.

When i have to deal with stuff like this, i like to give them an excuse to replace them for me but not take a blame. It's usually easier for them to admit to "taking them out and forgetting to put them back in" rather than to "having a tech stealing parts off customers cars"

I dont always get what i want though, so maybe its not the best approach :p
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. I’ll just try that and see how it goes from there.

I stopped by there today but the service manager was in some sort of meeting. I’ll give him a call tomorrow. I’ll keep you guys updated.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:44 AM
3.2TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maylaee king sparkkssss