HIDextra Headlight Problem.. HEELLPP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation HIDextra Headlight Problem.. HEELLPP!!

So i installed my kit, both headlights worked for about 3 weeks.

1 headlight went out, thought it was the ballast, i swapped them and then it worked on the one that had the problem.

I received a new ballast in the mail, i plugged in it worked for about 3 days and now its out AGAIN on the same side!!

Is there a fuse that keeps blowing? I soldered a both sides for a clean connection and the other side works perfectly. the bulbs are fine..

HELP!!

Old 02-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
if a fuse blows you have to replace it or no power flows thru line

could be a bad relay, bad connection under fuse or relay box?
or you are one of the rare ones that needs the `quantity 1- relay kit` hidextra offers
to bypass the stock electrical to the lights

some have a problem with different resistance or whatever,,and the relay kit solves the problem
extra has one for 16$ list price- see the discount coupon code that came with package or call them and explain whats happening- they will know the discount for you!
that should fix you up,,
unless you managed to get another bad ballast,,its rare- but happens with any product

you can diy a relay kit for 5$ with radio shack parts
Old 02-17-2012, 12:05 PM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
Im lost... when you Mean Headlights you Mean High Beams???

We Have OEM Lows HID Ballast and Bulbs so If you just changed out your OEM Ballast + Bulbs for an Aftermarket Kit there should not be any issues, The fuses for Headlights are Dead-On at 15A Each Side and the Electrical Wire is more than Enough.

Care to be more Specific?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Skirmich
Im lost... when you Mean Headlights you Mean High Beams???

We Have OEM Lows HID Ballast and Bulbs so If you just changed out your OEM Ballast + Bulbs for an Aftermarket Kit there should not be any issues, The fuses for Headlights are Dead-On at 15A Each Side and the Electrical Wire is more than Enough.

Care to be more Specific?

my bad...so yeah i changed the low beams.. i got a kit from HIDextra for the low beams and the fog lights. the fog lights work great!!...its the passenger side low beam that won stay on. they stayed on for about 2 weeks or so then the passenger low beam went out. i switched ballasts (put the driver side on the passenger) and it worked. so i got new ones from HIDextra. i replaced it, it worked fin for about a week then NOW it's out again. I checked all my fuses and they are fine. this sucks because i had the ballast problem to begin with, with the OEM headlight ballast problem...

Now i have no clue what to do!?!?!?!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:43 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I would wire in a relay harness as it bypasses the cars wiring altogether and connects straight to the battery.

Someone really should hookup an oscilloscope to our cars low beam power supply and see why this happens.

Last edited by thelastaspec; 02-19-2012 at 01:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
01tl4tl (02-19-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 PM

The relay kit is meant to be installed in a No HID Area, Ex: Fog Lights or High Beams...

I think its easier if the OP just wire up his Ballast directly into the Battery and see if it holds up, Most of the Ebay is China Crap. My first Fog ballast toasted in 6 months now I have 1 new ballast and an Older one haha.

I highly doubt theres an Issue with the OEM Wiring for the HIDs, Just a Crappy HID vendor..
Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 AM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Skirmich
The relay kit is meant to be installed in a No HID Area, Ex: Fog Lights or High Beams...

I think its easier if the OP just wire up his Ballast directly into the Battery and see if it holds up, Most of the Ebay is China Crap. My first Fog ballast toasted in 6 months now I have 1 new ballast and an Older one haha.

I highly doubt theres an Issue with the OEM Wiring for the HIDs, Just a Crappy HID vendor..
i agree with you on that, but even with my car the oem balasts dont ignite all the time (in subzero cold or if ive accidentally turned the lights on and off fast - which is bad for the hid's ).

is it something the cars electrical system is doing or are all these cases of bad lights to be blamed on the balast - thats what im wondering
Old 02-23-2012, 06:28 AM

Most of time the Ballast is to blame..

Just wonder our cars are, well mine 11 years old... Im riding on the OEM Ballast and I have changed the Bulbs 3 times in my Cars life. But thats the OEM Philips Ballast made in Germany!

China well aside from cheap labor doesnt do much quality stuff even their tools and sockets snap! (Autozone Crappy Tools) what can you expect from something so delicate as a Ballast...

Wire can just Burn (Excessive Current) or be Cut, but Fail?