HID Stolen, help!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 08:50 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID Stolen, help!!! :(

Parked in street in NY overnigt and some one stoled my HID. They only took the HID and left everything else broken.

I heard from a mechanic that he can get me off the market and everything for $600 compare to $1800 dealer. Got the parts and it only comes with the case and nothing else. Everything install fine, but no low beam lights. He said it needs a HID.

I checked everywhere and the manuels, none tell how much wattage is the low beam. Can anyone help me please to see if I can get regular light bulds?

Thank you so much!
Old 03-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Instructor

Your low beams are the HID system. Your High beams are 9005 I think. The HID uses an electronic bullast which converts very high voltage to an output of 35 Watts (if i remmeber correctly). There are two types of bulbs D2R and D2S, for our car i think it is D2R. D2S are for headlamps that use projectors

What u need are 2 of everything
1)Electronic ballast
2)Wire harness
3)Bulbs D2R

$600 seems to be the normal aftermarket price for these HID kits. They may not be made buy philips/OSRAM (considered to be the best)...so the quaility is questionable...they are made in china or taiwan.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:23 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kude

Parked in street in NY overnigt and some one stoled my HID. They only took the HID and left everything else broken.

I heard from a mechanic that he can get me off the market and everything for $600 compare to $1800 dealer. Got the parts and it only comes with the case and nothing else. Everything install fine, but no low beam lights. He said it needs a HID.

I checked everywhere and the manuels, none tell how much wattage is the low beam. Can anyone help me please to see if I can get regular light bulds?

Thank you so much!
where were u parked, cause i seen 2 (1 around the corner from me and 1 right in front of my building both hit in the same night!) i live in brooklyn, parkslope
btw, they got me twice so i know how u feel bro
Old 03-24-2005, 09:27 PM
2Poor 2Furious

Hmmm no offense, but I don't trust your mechanic.

Anyways, sounds like, you just got the housing, but no HID equipment. Why don't you go through the insurance since the HIDs are what costs the most.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:27 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

one more thing, i asked around too, i dont think its possible to put regular bulbs in....even if u did people will still try to steal it cause they will just assume it has hid's, all tl's do!
then u will have to fix one after they rip it out and realize its not hid
Old 03-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
These damned theives... they have this system. They jack your shit, then try to sell it back to you. what a fucking pain in the ass. If someone ever tried to fuck with my HIDs...... God help them.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Cruisin'

Unhappy

I parked in Flushing, NY. I ran around lots of shops and they told me I need to replace my head lights with HID and the sucky mechanic say he could get me after market for $600. I dont think I have any luck this month and I believe this guy.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

is the $600 just for the HID's alone?
if so, you can get a set for like 200-300.........
and for the housings, ou can ge on ebay if youre luckjy for 50-100 a piece...
btw.. wher in flushing? that's why i never like to take my car out... especially bayside/flushing/etc... fucking faggots.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Racer

sorri to hear that bro i think i will cry with a shotgun in my hand if i say my hids were gone, I live in fresh meadows, i think im a tad safer
Old 03-26-2005, 01:44 PM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i bet this are your lights...(yes it says in fl but who can really believe that)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

or it could be a good start. get the lights and then just buy an aftermarket XXX HID system for ~$250 and you're done....doesnt insurance replace this because of damages to the car?

if not crash the TL headfirst and have insurance pay for everything that way
Old 03-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by etxxz
i bet this are your lights...(yes it says in fl but who can really believe that)

or it could be a good start. get the lights and then just buy an aftermarket XXX HID system for ~$250 and you're done....doesnt insurance replace this because of damages to the car?

^lol... "NO the lights are not stolen, had lights stolen from wife car now me and wife no longer together, so hence i have the lights"

anyways, i doubt those can be it since the original poster posted this a day ago.. meanwhile that auction has been runing for 7 days alraedy... with 3 days left.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:22 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Originally Posted by big mike 13
^lol... "NO the lights are not stolen, had lights stolen from wife car now me and wife no longer together, so hence i have the lights"

anyways, i doubt those can be it since the original poster posted this a day ago.. meanwhile that auction has been runing for 7 days alraedy... with 3 days left.
also the tabs arnt broken, so they cant be stolen.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:20 PM
All Hail the Chief

Both auctions are shady, not to mention the first guy has no feedback and the second guy is only at 91%.

The first explanation does not any sense at all....the lights were stolen from his wife's car, now they're broken up, so he has the lights. WTF??? I thought they were stolen?

The fact that a bottom tab on EACH light is broken off in the second auction tells me they were removed by force.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts

Thank you so much!
.....I guess those theives couldnt find an 2002-03 Maxima. Sorry for your misfortune Kude. HID-wise, I cant help but think that I'm on borrowed time with my Maxima.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Well be careful, because, most likey your hood is also damaged? I can't imagine theives ripping headlight out without damaging your hood? So, it might be a little more complicated then just buying housings and ballasts and dropping it in. You might have to go to a body shop. PM me if you want and I can recommend you to my body shop in New Hyde Park.

If your hood isn't damaged, then go on ebay, buy a pair of Headlights, for about $150 shipped and then drop in a 6000K Phillips Ballasts and Bubls for about $400, and then buy your self any 55W sylvania Halogen Bulbs to drop in your High beams, for about $10 bux at any local auto store. That's all you need. All This is assuming that your hood isn't damaged.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:57 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
Well be careful, because, most likey your hood is also damaged? I can't imagine theives ripping headlight out without damaging your hood? So, it might be a little more complicated then just buying housings and ballasts and dropping it in. You might have to go to a body shop. PM me if you want and I can recommend you to my body shop in New Hyde Park.

If your hood isn't damaged, then go on ebay, buy a pair of Headlights, for about $150 shipped and then drop in a 6000K Phillips Ballasts and Bubls for about $400, and then buy your self any 55W sylvania Halogen Bulbs to drop in your High beams, for about $10 bux at any local auto store. That's all you need. All This is assuming that your hood isn't damaged.
the bad thing is that if he does all those upgrade , theyre gunna get stolen again....instead of doin upgrades he should find a way of this not happening again!
mine were stolen twice and that why i havent got any new bulbs (really want the 8000k ) but they get stolen i'll be pissed!
Old 03-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by bkzjimmy
the bad thing is that if he does all those upgrade , theyre gunna get stolen again....instead of doin upgrades he should find a way of this not happening again!
mine were stolen twice and that why i havent got any new bulbs (really want the 8000k ) but they get stolen i'll be pissed!
Very True
Old 03-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for all the great reply guys!

All my light are all set now, except the Low Beam. I am try to get the guy who fixed my alarm to see if he could get me a PIAA light bulb and stick it up the low beam. Could I replace with regular light bulbs or only need HID before he think I am crazy by replace a low beam with regular light bulbs?
Old 03-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by etxxz

They didnt take the case of the light, but only the HID alone. Where could find an aftermarket HID for $250? is it a set? can you provide a link?
Old 03-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by big mike 13
is the $600 just for the HID's alone?
if so, you can get a set for like 200-300.........
and for the housings, ou can ge on ebay if youre luckjy for 50-100 a piece...
btw.. wher in flushing? that's why i never like to take my car out... especially bayside/flushing/etc... fucking faggots.

You dont want to know about this, my sister's girlfriend also drives a TL, but dont know what year. Her light also was stolen in front of her house in Bayside. NY is no longer a better a safe place and they said our crime rate has beem drop. Drop from 1.00000001 milillions to 1 million case? compare to other state 10 cases?
Old 03-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S

Thanks for the offering, the hood was damage a little bit with some screwdriver marks. I have no money to fix this yet.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Thanks for the offering, the hood was damage a little bit with some screwdriver marks. I have no money to fix this yet.
Yes but make sure the hood isn't bent or anythign or else the headlight casing wont be sitting flush and you might have water leakage problems giving you tons of electrical problems. That's all. If its just screw driver marks then dont worry just replace the lights.

You can drop halogens in there if you want, but remember the thieves will still attack your car cuz they dont know you have halogens and will think you have HID's and only find out after damagin the parts that you dont, so by then damage is already done. So its your call.

I would recommend investing in an alarm, seems like you need it.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by bkzjimmy
where were u parked, cause i seen 2 (1 around the corner from me and 1 right in front of my building both hit in the same night!) i live in brooklyn, parkslope
btw, they got me twice so i know how u feel bro

i know i live on coney island and they took mine too but i jus got the after market mecca tunes HID conversion kit for $ 275 n 8000 k it works great ...
Old 03-28-2005, 06:11 PM
@ slide or die @

KUDE: there are plenty of aftermarket HID conversion kits ranging from $200 up untill the high $600s...with the headlight itself, its all about a good seal/fit...something a bit of custom work can't fix
Old 03-29-2005, 12:30 AM
6th Gear

I work for NYPD, and yeah, it happens a lot 3 years ago, many of HIDs has been stolen. During that time, few LUXURY cars had HIDs, such as TL(Acura), Lexus, BMW, MB.

In these days, many people drives car with HIDs, no one steals the HIDs, but some place you gotta be careful.

Flushing, Elmust, Collegepoint, Jackson Height. All I know is these places, becaue I work in Queens.

Anyway, I am sorry that I can't help you out with anything, god help you.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Racer

Hey Shim61, Nice to know that you work for NYPD...do you drive a black TL?
Old 03-29-2005, 01:49 AM
6th Gear

Satin Silver Acura TL 2001
Old 03-29-2005, 10:34 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Originally Posted by shim61
I work for NYPD, and yeah, it happens a lot 3 years ago, many of HIDs has been stolen. During that time, few LUXURY cars had HIDs, such as TL(Acura), Lexus, BMW, MB.

In these days, many people drives car with HIDs, no one steals the HIDs, but some place you gotta be careful.

Flushing, Elmust, Collegepoint, Jackson Height. All I know is these places, becaue I work in Queens.

Anyway, I am sorry that I can't help you out with anything, god help you.
it happens everywhere in brooklyn, its really bad here when it comes to ripping out headlights
Old 03-29-2005, 11:08 PM
6th Gear

Ooo..
But remember,the crime rate is decreasing.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Banned

check the avatar