Hey PeterUbers its me, tea elle doggonit!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 02:22 PM
tea elle

Hey PeterUbers its me, tea elle doggonit!

Hey, I think PeterUbers says some very interesting things on here. And, I enjoy discussing things with you guys. But if they're gonna close the threads whenever I make comments that are honest and thought provoking, maybe I'm better off saving these discussions for people outside of this site. Sorry if I'm not following the rules. Maybe I should leave it to Bill Maher!

It's just that sometimes I read things on here that elicit my honest response. Mostly I come on here to talk about the CAR, but invariably this forum becomes just that...a forum. And, thats a good thing IMO
Old 08-23-2001, 04:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Tea Elle,

I meant no disrespect to you in any of my posts, you should know that. As I said, I welcome your opinions, and any other thought-provoking post you've yet to include in ANY topic. Hell, I wouldn't have responded to it if I didn't think it was thought-provoking.

Sure, there will be digressions from automotive-based topics, but that's the beauty of the exchange of ideas. I don't think the moderators closed the topic for any reason other than it COMPLETELY digressed from the issue of Acura claiming the Motortrend stats in their recent advertisement. I don't think your post was offensive in any way, unless you posted one after mine and they deleted it. If you see my first post that subsequently started the topic, that's all I commented on.

Thanks for the props, I look forward to reading your future posts,

Pete
Old 08-23-2001, 04:28 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey what do you two think about the Pork Belly Futures?

Should we by or sell? :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

RUF
Old 08-23-2001, 08:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally posted by PeterUbers
Tea Elle,

I don't think the moderators closed the topic for any reason other than it COMPLETELY digressed from the issue of Acura claiming the Motortrend stats in their recent advertisement.
Bingo, that post went to $hit, totally OT. Just like this one, and with the quality of types and posts that we have been receiving lately, I am going to have to be more of a PIA for a little while.

P.S Good to see members here who can debate and not take things personal and resort to flames when their viewpoinst clash. I for one love a good debate also.
Old 08-23-2001, 08:48 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Hyde

I am going to have to be more of a PIA for a little while.

That's scary!!!
Old 08-23-2001, 08:52 PM
Drifting

A lot of the debates recently have been pretty good. A lot of good comparisons between the TLS and other cars. Honestly, the TLS forum is really good, and we have very knowledgable members.

Sometimes though, things get heated. That is one of the reasons why I put up the sticky about flames from other forums. All in all though, things here are pretty good.
Old 08-24-2001, 12:40 AM
Pro

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
P.S Good to see members here who can debate and not take things personal and resort to flames when their viewpoinst clash. I for one love a good debate also.
A toast to Mr. Hyde. Well said my friend!
Old 08-24-2001, 12:45 AM
tea elle

Hey Peter and Soundspeed....much obliged for the good words! By the way, the six speed CL-S I tested yesterday was SUCH a blast. It made me miss my younger days when I used to "derby" all over the valley (San Fernando) in my 280ZX, and my MGB with the Weber Carbs. Crazy fun will be had by anyone who gets the six speed in a couple of months.
Old 08-24-2001, 06:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find this site a FAR better place to aquire Acura CLS/TLS knowledge that www.acura-cl.com Please, no flames. I'm just calling it as I see it. Qaulity information from other real world Type-S owners. I find that all forums, no matter what flavor will have the occasional crap. Comes with the territory. Please keep posting great information, and opinions. Makes owning my CL-S that much more fun!

Jim