AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TL (1999-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/)
-   -   Help-Transmission? code p1750,p1676 (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/help-transmission-code-p1750-p1676-910798/)

gooduser 05-11-2014 02:32 PM

Help-Transmission? code p1750,p1676

My car is 2001 TL, 170k, runs perfect until yesterday. I don't have much experience on diagnosis. My car's engine light and TCS light were on simultaneously when we drive a in parking lot, after a 2~3 mile drive on a bumpy road. After restart the car, TCS light is off. engine light is on again.

When driving, feel hesitation exist during fast acceleration. Feel like it is not as powerful as before. But if I drive smoothly, the car works fine.

Get the code p1676 and p1750. The dealer suggest replace the transmission and quote me $4000. Got scared... Is it really a transmission problem? What the normal price to rebuilt or replace a transmission? Thanks.

3.2TLc 05-11-2014 04:42 PM

Welcome Gooduser !!!

The P1676 code is usually associated with the ABS/TCS. Maybe a faulty component, loose wiring connection or ground in the ABS system.

The P1750 code indicates a potential mechanical problem within the tranny's hydraulic system. Most times the "D5" indicator lamp will also flash. Try cleaning the pressure control solenoids for the tranny. How's the AT fluid's level and condition appear ?

If ya get a second opinion at a private tranny shop and they also diagnose the tranny as bad, consider installing a used "AV6" donor tranny from an '06>'07 Accord V6. Others have found this to be the best solution rather than a rebuid of the old tranny. The AV6 can be sourced from most auto salvage yards for less than $1000 and then figure another $500 for installation.

gooduser 05-11-2014 07:28 PM

Thanks! My D5 indicator lamp didn't flash. The AT fluid's level is fine but looks a little dirty. Do maintenance regularly with the dealer and no bad sign for ATfluid reported.

Will check with private repair shop. Should I go to a general auto repair shop or specialized tranny shop?

Originally Posted by 3.2TLc (Post 15004801)
Welcome Gooduser !!!

The P1676 code is usually associated with the ABS/TCS. Maybe a faulty component, loose wiring connection or ground in the ABS system.

The P1750 code indicates a potential mechanical problem within the tranny's hydraulic system. Most times the "D5" indicator lamp will also flash. Try cleaning the pressure control solenoids for the tranny. How's the AT fluid's level and condition appear ?

If ya get a second opinion at a private tranny shop and they also diagnose the tranny as bad, consider installing a used "AV6" donor tranny from an '06>'07 Accord V6. Others have found this to be the best solution rather than a rebuid of the old tranny. The AV6 can be sourced from most auto salvage yards for less than $1000 and then figure another $500 for installation.

skwidstyle2 05-12-2014 10:12 AM

so when installing my motor mounts, i busted (barely like a 1/8th inch crack) one of the plastic plug ins on my clutch pressure control solenoid. it had my d4 flashing & check engine light on & i had no 1st & 2nd gear for a couple days until the part i bought on ebay for $65.00 arrived. knowing what was wrong with it, i just wanted to see what acura dealership would say. of course, they said oh your transmission is gone replacing will be 4k something. my point is just get it properly diagnosed by someone who is honest so you know exactly what is wrong. it may be something very simple. that being said, these trannys do fail so just be prepared to possibly do the accord tranny replacement, but i think it will be a simpler fix.

3.2TLc 05-12-2014 01:25 PM

Stealership tranny quote......

Originally Posted by gooduser (Post 15004720)
My car is 2001 TL, 170k, runs perfect until yesterday. My car's engine light and TCS light were on simultaneously when we drive a in parking lot, after a 2~3 mile drive on a bumpy road. After restart the car, TCS light is off. engine light is on again.

When driving, feel hesitation exist during fast acceleration. Feel like it is not as powerful as before.
But if I drive smoothly, the car works fine.

Get the code p1676 and p1750. The dealer suggest replace the transmission and quote me $4000.
Got scared...

:wish: If ya don't do your own car repairs, I'd suggest going to a trustworthy local mechanic and explain the situation. A good place to start would be to drain & fill the tranny using Honda DW1 fluid. Check ABS connections. Reset the CEL by removing fuse #13 (7.5A) for the clock back-up. After a minute, put the fuse back in and the CEL should be off. If the CEL comes back on after driving, have the codes read again. :2cents:

gooduser 05-14-2014 09:52 AM

Dealer told the same thing to me. Thanks for the kind reply. I think I should find a local mechanics to check this.

Originally Posted by skwidstyle2 (Post 15005543)
so when installing my motor mounts, i busted (barely like a 1/8th inch crack) one of the plastic plug ins on my clutch pressure control solenoid. it had my d4 flashing & check engine light on & i had no 1st & 2nd gear for a couple days until the part i bought on ebay for $65.00 arrived. knowing what was wrong with it, i just wanted to see what acura dealership would say. of course, they said oh your transmission is gone replacing will be 4k something. my point is just get it properly diagnosed by someone who is honest so you know exactly what is wrong. it may be something very simple. that being said, these trannys do fail so just be prepared to possibly do the accord tranny replacement, but i think it will be a simpler fix.

gooduser 05-14-2014 09:56 AM

Thanks again! Will follow the instructions and see what will happen

Originally Posted by 3.2TLc (Post 15005907)
:wish: If ya don't do your own car repairs, I'd suggest going to a trustworthy local mechanic and explain the situation. A good place to start would be to drain & fill the tranny using Honda DW1 fluid. Check ABS connections. Reset the CEL by removing fuse #13 (7.5A) for the clock back-up. After a minute, put the fuse back in and the CEL should be off. If the CEL comes back on after driving, have the codes read again. :2cents: