Help please.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please.....

ok, i posted this in Parts and Performance and i didn't seem to get an answer....

help please...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138125
Old 06-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Racer

Pro Satisfied Ceramics with Factory Rotors, do you guys think it will be ok?

i've been reading around on the forum and everyone seems to be changing their rotors too.. and i was just wonderin if it'll be ok to just change the brakes and get the factory rotors spun. and with that setup, will it still improve the braking with just the new brake pads...

or would you jsut stick with oem brake pads?
Old 06-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I would change out the pads regardless of whether or not you change the rotors. I'm actually in the same situation where I'm feeling a lot of vibration while braking.

From the research that I've done the best priced setup for replacing everything is Rotora's with ceramic pads. If you replace the rotors there's not much difference between cross drilled and slotted. There are rumors and some horror stories of cross drilled rotors cracking. In this situation I'm sure the manufacturer would replace them for free. Apparently the ceramic pads cause less brake dust. Excellerate is a solid sponsor on the site who can hook you up with both.

Info on ceramic pads
Old 06-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Stock TL

Originally Posted by death
I would change out the pads regardless of whether or not you change the rotors. I'm actually in the same situation where I'm feeling a lot of vibration while braking.

From the research that I've done the best priced setup for replacing everything is Rotora's with ceramic pads. If you replace the rotors there's not much difference between cross drilled and slotted. There are rumors and some horror stories of cross drilled rotors cracking. In this situation I'm sure the manufacturer would replace them for free. Apparently the ceramic pads cause less brake dust. Excellerate is a solid sponsor on the site who can hook you up with both.

Info on ceramic pads
Old 06-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by death

Info on ceramic pads
its not that the rotors crack and break all of a sudden. they are usually worn out rotors or older rotors that have had alot of braking done. you will start to see hairline cracks between the drilled holes.
for most the Brembo blanks are more than enough and have turned out to be a great choice. If your looking for a little bit better option the rotora and irotors are also the best of the oem replacement crossdrilled/slotted rotors for our cars this side of a BBK
Old 06-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Stay off my lawn!!

hey fsttyms, any idea when rotor tear/warp like that happens, mileage wise?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Stay off my lawn!!

i've got a 2000 tl-p with ~90k on it and i doubt the rotors have been replaced (at least carfax didnt mention it) but I assume they are in decent condition. Also, if you dont mind, do you know of any springs that improve ride quality (drop height negligable)? Thanks man