Help! New very indecisive member!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 12:24 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! New very indecisive member!

Hey everyone, my name is Andrew from Westchester Ctny, NY and am a week away from purchasing an 03' TL-S w. the underbody kit from Acura of Westchester (have everything worked out already- was quoted $356/month x 48 with $2144.60 down in total).

Now all i have left to figure out is what color I want, which i seem to be having a lot of trouble with...I'm trying to chooose between White Diamond Pearl, Eternal Blue Pearl, Anthracite Metallic, and Nighthawk Black Pearl, but seem to be liking each one pretty equally. What do you all think?

The next thing i was wondering about was the chrome door handles (sorry if this was talked about or asked already). I really like as less chrome as possible and was wondering if it is possible to get door handles that are the same color as the car and not chrome.

Thanks for the help in advance!
-Andrew
Old 07-22-2002, 12:34 PM
Instructor

By purchasing you really mean leasing, yes? Otherwise that is one helluva deal you got.

Colors: All of the colors are pretty nice. Black is really cool and has that hint of blue sparkle. Very sharp. However, that is a ***** to keep clean, and gets pretty hot. I own the Silver and it's easy to keep clean, and well, I always wanted a silver car. The White is awesome too, but again hard to keep clean. Really what it comes down to is what you like. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Oh, and that aegan(sp?) Blue is pretty unique. Pretty color.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb

If those were my choices I'd probably go for the Anthracite Metallic. It's a really sweet color and gets my attention on both the TL and TL-S models. Of course I'm partial to blue, but since you're going for a TL and not a TL-S, Aegean Blue is not an option. Personally I think Eternal Blue is a tad too dark. Anyway, good luck with the color choice!! Depending where in Westchester you are I may see you on the road!!
Old 07-22-2002, 01:35 PM
Instructor

confused...

Originally posted by juniorbean
If those were my choices I'd probably go for the Anthracite Metallic. It's a really sweet color and gets my attention on both the TL and TL-S models. Of course I'm partial to blue, but since you're going for a TL and not a TL-S, Aegean Blue is not an option. Personally I think Eternal Blue is a tad too dark. Anyway, good luck with the color choice!! Depending where in Westchester you are I may see you on the road!!
Didn't he say he was looking for a TL-S '03? If not, wrong forum for post.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:52 PM
Having Fun?

I would go for the Anthracite, looks awesome and should be easier to keep clean than black. If Anthracite was available when I got mine I would have opted for that instead of silver.

oh, and check out the price of the body kit from this site before you commit to the dealer's price Could save you quite a lot.
Old 07-22-2002, 02:01 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the White Diamond Pearl, and the last five or so cars that my wife and I have had have been white.

IMO white is the most forgiving of dirt. It may seem the opposite, but it's true. It doesn't show the layer of dust as easily as darker colors do.

The only drawback with white is if you plan on keeping the car for a long time, if rust tends to start, it is much more noticeable on white.

I love the White Diamond Pearl, for a couple of years, I had been toying with trading in my previous car ('93 Vigor) for a TL, but I never pulled the trigger. That was until I was getting an oil change for the Vigor and I saw a WDP TL w/nav and spoiler.

I fell in love and bought one that night. Damn expensive oil change.

Anthracite and Aegean Blue Pearl are my next favorites.
Old 07-22-2002, 02:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: confused...

Originally posted by paxus

Didn't he say he was looking for a TL-S '03? If not, wrong forum for post.
Yup, you're right... however he lists Eternal Blue as a color. Eternal Blue is only a TL color.. not a TL-S.

hey LoXx.... is it a TL or a TL-S??
Old 07-22-2002, 02:16 PM
2nd Gear

To clear all of that up it's a TL-S that i'll be getting. Thanks everyone for the input, as soon as i make my choice and take delivery of the car ill post some pics for everyone.

I also just stopped off at a well-respected auto body shop around here, and said that they would be able to change over the doorhandles to whatever body color i choose without a problem.

Thanks again for all the help!
-Andrew

***and btw, i live in purchase NY- right outside of White Plains
Old 07-22-2002, 02:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Talking

Originally posted by LoXx
To clear all of that up it's a TL-S that i'll be getting. Thanks everyone for the input, as soon as i make my choice and take delivery of the car ill post some pics for everyone.

I also just stopped off at a well-respected auto body shop around here, and said that they would be able to change over the doorhandles to whatever body color i choose without a problem.

Thanks again for all the help!
-Andrew

***and btw, i live in purchase NY- right outside of White Plains
Not too far... I live in Somers, work in Harrison... welcome aboard. Good luck with the color choice. I went Aegean Blue all the way, but I like the White, Silver and Anthracite too. Black is nice but I've never been a big fan of black. Luckily the blue is not as hard to keep clean even though it's darker then silver/white. Anyway.. good luck!!

Oh and a great local body shop that did all of my work (and SlyTLS' on this board) is Unique Autobody in Tarrytown. Ask for David Weiss 631-6463......
Old 07-22-2002, 10:06 PM
Burning Brakes

NBP BABY!
Old 07-22-2002, 11:11 PM
10th Gear

Aegean Blue Pearl is my fave, but NBP nice too.