Help!! need to find a replacement centercap for my rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2001, 06:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help!! need to find a replacement centercap for my rims

Help!! I'm looking for Lowenharts LGM center cap chrome.. The shop that put on my rims and tires cracked one of my center cap and they said that they would replace it.. however, when they replaced it they replaced it with the wrong one..

I'm asking if anyone who has free or extra time to check/call your local performance shops to see if they have any Lowenharts LGM chrome center caps with the gold lion and glass covering that they could sell to me..

Thanks

------------------
00' Acura 3.2TL Black
- 18's Lowenharts Chrome
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
Old 01-22-2001, 06:40 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So go back and demand that they replace it with the right one.

Why spend more money when it's not your fault?
Old 01-22-2001, 07:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did go back and told them that they had ordered the wrong one, and told them to order the correct one. They said that they would, the 1st center cap that they sent me, the wrong one, took about 4-5 weeks... I called them several times to see when the correct center cap would come in.. then they said that they would call me when they came in since they had my number... then weeks passed (approx. 5 weeks) so i decided to just drive up there and ask if my center cap ever came in.. they said yeah it did.. but they had sent it back.. i was like WTH?.. i told them.. didn't you say you were going to call me when they came in? he said we didn't have your number... at this point i was mad.. and just told them to re-order it.. then they told me that they no longer had my rims/centercap.. that its been discontinued.. what else could go wrong?.. then i decided to call a shop in cali if they had any.. they told me the same thing.. so now i'm just hoping that somewhere a shop has a centercap that they could sell to me.. i already checked with the houston shops, no luck.
Old 01-22-2001, 07:32 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by v_i_s_i_o_n:
I did go back and told them that they had ordered the wrong one, and told them to order the correct one. They said that they would, the 1st center cap that they sent me, the wrong one, took about 4-5 weeks... I called them several times to see when the correct center cap would come in.. then they said that they would call me when they came in since they had my number... then weeks passed (approx. 5 weeks) so i decided to just drive up there and ask if my center cap ever came in.. they said yeah it did.. but they had sent it back.. i was like WTH?.. i told them.. didn't you say you were going to call me when they came in? he said we didn't have your number... at this point i was mad.. and just told them to re-order it.. then they told me that they no longer had my rims/centercap.. that its been discontinued.. what else could go wrong?.. then i decided to call a shop in cali if they had any.. they told me the same thing.. so now i'm just hoping that somewhere a shop has a centercap that they could sell to me.. i already checked with the houston shops, no luck.
Yo vision, when you do get the new center-cap, keep the receipt and bring it back to the shop that cracked it and demand that they reimburse you. After all, they did **** it up. If they don't want to reimburse you then report them to the BBB.

BTW, the part about them not having your phone # is full of crap. Because you had to fill out forms that were asking all types of questions including your phone # when you purchased your car.

Here in NJ, I just have to give my last name and they can pull up my record with all my info, including the damn phone #.

Good luck!
Old 01-22-2001, 08:08 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
They F it up, so they should fix the problem for you. Just keep bug them and told them that you don't care where do they get the parts, but just fix it. Good Luck!!!