Heater bubles seat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 08:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heater bubles seat?

Ok. its cold here in MA. So i have my heatedseat on. after about an hour of driving when i get up. i notice that the leathers been sorta scretch and it stay like that. So now my seat has like a bubble. Has anyone experience this problem??
Old 12-18-2002, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup... take it to the dealer... they will fix it for free. my leather "bubbled" up without the heater. it just happened out of nowhere.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:25 PM

Yeah that happened to me. What does the dealer do? Give you a new seat or tighten the leather.

Mr
03 ABP TL-S
New Jersey
Old 12-19-2002, 02:57 AM
Cruisin'

Mine has that too, just on the driver side...since I rarely have passangers. It's pretty bad. The whole section of perforated areas are lifting!! What the heck...I only have 3000 miles on my TLS. I'm taking it to a dealer tomorrow to fix that and whole number of things...sad, kind of regreting not getting the BMW325Ci. But that thought is gone when I'm driving the extremely therapeutic TLS..hehe. I love the engine and toys in this thing...unless the transmission goes out.
Dealer told me that they might have to order the leather when they check it out tomorrow. I will post up what they do. I will probably force them to fix the same areas on all seats, since it might do the same thing after the warranty is over. This is not acceptable~I never even heard of such a problem before.
I live in Southern Cal, so rarely use the seat warmer. I think it is the quality of the leather that is the problem.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:14 AM
Banned

when they fixed mine all they did was tighten it. after, i noticed that it didnt feel the same, like the leather got stiffer. hopefully that doesnt happen to u guys.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:45 PM
Cruisin'

I just got my car back, after about 5 cosmetic adjustments and fringing on their complementary drinks and doughnuts. They ordered a new leather to replace the lifted leathers on the seat and back support. I have to wait about a week for it to arrive. Dealer said it is very rare, so I'm hopping it will not happen again...such a disappointment on the quality of the leather. They were not willing to touch the other seats, since it is ok.
Old 12-20-2002, 01:01 AM
10th Gear

Yeah Ive had the same problem too. They told me that this was very rare too! All they did was replace that part you sit on and straighened it out. It was fixed temporarily but then now its puffing back up again. I also noticed right away after all this was fixed that now the front of the seat where your legs sit was puffing up. I complained right away and they told me leather was not a wear and tear item so its not covered by warranty and they could not replace the seat. I really dont know what to do, and the seat is not getting any better. Hopefully someone can help me too cause Ive tried to talk to them numerous times about this.
Old 12-20-2002, 01:48 AM
Cruisin'

Now I'm getting worried, Zainoblue says that it bubbled up again? What kind of leather is Acura using? If my seat does that again and dealer says they cannot replace that, I think I will freak out. Do you think writing to Acura customer relation might help?

Is this happening only on the Type-S?...since TLP gets different kind of leather.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:10 PM
Drifting

Acura leather is not the greatest in the world.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by peiqinglong
Acura leather is not the greatest in the world.
"Not the greatest in the world" is a compliment to acura leather. I think its sh*t. I onlu have the heater going for like an hour and it bubles up!! wtf
Old 12-21-2002, 06:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by ZainoBlue
Yeah Ive had the same problem too. They told me that this was very rare too! All they did was replace that part you sit on and straighened it out. It was fixed temporarily but then now its puffing back up again. I also noticed right away after all this was fixed that now the front of the seat where your legs sit was puffing up. I complained right away and they told me leather was not a wear and tear item so its not covered by warranty and they could not replace the seat. I really dont know what to do, and the seat is not getting any better. Hopefully someone can help me too cause Ive tried to talk to them numerous times about this.
try other dealers, they might do it for you.