Headlight theft , could this work

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002 | 09:41 AM
Instructor

Headlight theft , could this work

i read earlier that someone found out why our alarms were not going off when headlights we getting take, even with the shock sensor, the alarm oly uses the regular horn for noise, not very loud, and on top of that, the horn wire can be cut without hardly touching anything... So this is my thought. Use the shock sensors, but without pluging them into the alarm, or maybe into the alarm, but also hook that trigger wire up to a relay, witch activated a horn with its own battery pack. I have seen them in install shops. It is a SUPPER loud siren, and is connected to the batter, but if the batter is drained or unplugged, the sren has an internal batter too, that keeps on going... SO if the theif though he was going to get away by cutting our horn, the siren would go, and the siren is much louder, and then if he tried to short our car out by shorting a turn signal, it would drain the batery, but the siren would persist... Since we would be using a relay to do this, we could just put a switch on the power wire to the Super loud siren, so it would go off when the shock sensor is triggerd all the time, but only when we flip the swith and are out of the car... What do you think???
Old 01-02-2002 | 03:25 PM
Pro

wouldn't it be easier to buy an aftermarket alarm with a battery backed up siren? this way if the battery is disengaged, the siren goes off.