Has this ever happened to anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has this ever happened to anyone?

Last Thursdays around dusk I noticed that my left front hid lamp was not on with the rest of the lights so I freaked, especially since it's only an '02 w/ 49k. I have about 15 minutes before the dealer closes so I race over to pick up the lamp for the hid, the parts guy is mental gone and gives me the bulb for the highbeam which I found out by removing the old one. So now i'm pissed because I only have 1 light. I leave the house about an hour or so later and notice a flicker when I turned the lights on. I turn the lights off then on again when my light miraculously came on. The next day, I was arming the alarm when I noticed that my rear right tail light didn't blink with the other. I get back in the car, turn on the lights and sure enough, the rear is out. So I just tap it, and the light has been on ever since...very strange occurances.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dtls
Last Thursdays around dusk I noticed that my left front hid lamp was not on with the rest of the lights so I freaked, especially since it's only an '02 w/ 49k. I have about 15 minutes before the dealer closes so I race over to pick up the lamp for the hid, the parts guy is mental gone and gives me the bulb for the highbeam which I found out by removing the old one. So now i'm pissed because I only have 1 light. I leave the house about an hour or so later and notice a flicker when I turned the lights on. I turn the lights off then on again when my light miraculously came on. The next day, I was arming the alarm when I noticed that my rear right tail light didn't blink with the other. I get back in the car, turn on the lights and sure enough, the rear is out. So I just tap it, and the light has been on ever since...very strange occurances.

New to me - the only issue I've had is the tranny, and the engine mounts, and the seat and dash squeak, and I've got this intermittent 'hissing' sound that could be a vacuum leak somewhere on the passenger side that I think is HVAC-related but the dealer hasn't been able to duplicate yet.....nothing electrical....yet....
Old 05-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Instructor

Regarding the headlight, most occurences I've seen posted so far, and including my own personal situation, was that the Ballast was out. The sign of that was that the light kept flickering off, and coming back on. However, if your bulb is in fact out, whatever you do don't buy it from the dealer. The same Phillips HID bulb is sold online, for like 35$. You will have to buy 2, since Xenon bulbs are yellower for the first part of their life cycle and turn bluer over time, which means your old and new ones won't match colors. Alternatively, you can buy a new bulb from phillips (see their website) which they've designed to be blue right away. Or, you can do a search and see what people recommend on this forum.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 97 Posts
Like mentioned above, it sounds like your ballast- or ignitor I believe it is also called. Gets the arc going.. Your rear tailight probably has a break in the filament. I have had that happen where you bang on the casing and it comes back on. It will most likely go out completely soon.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MarcDavidoff
Like mentioned above, it sounds like your ballast- or ignitor I believe it is also called. Gets the arc going.. Your rear tailight probably has a break in the filament. I have had that happen where you bang on the casing and it comes back on. It will most likely go out completely soon.
I just want Acurazine and the powers that be to know that this site is AWESOME! I don't know where I would be right now without the help and guidance from this site, just wanted to share that thought with everyone.