h & r sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 09:41 PM
NBP and lovin it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question h & r sport

ive been readin and everyone says to get the 50130 or something close to that model of h & r sport and the 51830 or whatever will work but the 50 one is better, how are we supposed to find out what each one is, b/c ive been lookin at a lot of sites and they dont show model numbers.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Pro

theres another thread dealing with this. but basically 50103 is redesigned specifically for the tl to reduce sagging in the rear. they drop the rear less than the 51580 (?) do.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:32 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The key to tell which one is which is unfortunatly you have to look at them, or ask someone to) the front springs are black on both sets of the H&R springs. The rear springs are grey (gray for the Americans) and are said to actually be the H&R OE Sport ones. In the Accord ones (which are the ones that some people put on the TL) are black in the front and black in the rear as well. They will actually work in the TL but if you put a system in the trunk, the rear will sink and be lower in the rear.

The set they supply for the TL is (like I mentioned above) supposedly the H&R Sport black for the front and H&R OE Sport for the rear. Because the TL is heavier in the rear than the Accord, the accord springs will work and I have seen them installed, look great. But I have a system so I definetly need the two coloured ones.

Tatewaki, happened to be in the mall (where the spring shop is) when I called him to ask a question. He was able to order them for me from the guy there, I am going tomorrow to get them installed at 10:30am, I called today to make sure the springs were different colours, they are! I am getting them installed for 480canadian, about 300-350 USD (rough estimate) in a hour and a half! I can't wait..... guy at the shop knew exactly what I was talking about with regards to the different colours for the TL application (I'm not sure if it was from talking to Tatewaki or just from common info as a installer) Talk to an installation shop and get them to order them for you, I didn't find any useful info on the websites, almost all of my recent spring info comes from people on this site......I LOVE THIS SITE........Hope I didn't ramble to much.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
Hope I didn't ramble to much.
Too late!!! just messin with you pat. Anyways, I agree with what residualfreedom said. The TL specific springs will give a more even drop, vs. the accord springs (51858) which will give a "raked" look.

Go for the 50103 springs...
Old 04-14-2004, 11:26 PM

careful Jeff, you might insult Steve, pics of Tatewaki's (Steve) car are in the thread titled "springs,shock...combinations...."
he has the Accord style springs on his TL and his car doesn't look raked at all, but with a sytem I can see how it would give it a raked look. But without a system it still looks good... check out the pics and post your comments....
Old 04-15-2004, 01:13 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
I am getting them installed for 480canadian, about 300-350 USD (rough estimate) in a hour and a half! I can't wait..... guy at the shop knew exactly what I was talking about with regards to the different colours for the TL application (I'm not sure if it was from talking to Tatewaki or just from common info as a installer) Talk to an installation shop and get them to order them for you, I didn't find any useful info on the websites, almost all of my recent spring info comes from people on this site......I LOVE THIS SITE........Hope I didn't ramble to much.
$300!!!! damn you got ripped....oh well I hope you like it, I got quoted $100 from an authorized Acura mechanic...Ill get mine done in a few weeks...the Comptech that is.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:50 AM
Drifting

Residual Freedom - I hope you're talking about springs AND installation :-)

Results with the H&R sports for the accord are mixed. Some have a level drop, some have a reverse rake. No way to know for sure how your car will behave.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:38 AM

ya guys that was for springs(TL type) and installation, plus it is only 15min from my home, and the guy is a great guy to deal with..

Turst me Acura would not be able to beat the prices here, but thanks for the concern.... I figure 2hours of labour plus the cost of the Springs. The customer service is amazing, these guys have gone to Tatewaki's work to pick up his TL and retutrned it on springs before the end of the day, I would love to see ACURA do anything like that. Plus with no tax, no shipping BS, or dealing with Acura trying to do extra work on the car, and trying to convince you you need an extra......blablabla. I am only dealing with a dealership for specialized parts (ie. my trannie knock knock).
Old 04-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
ok much better price...thats what I was quoted also from a local Acura/Honda mechanic. I always try to avoid the dealers, they always rip you off seems like. This guy is for real and he acts like he gives a damn about my car.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Instructor

I got the 51858 springs and they gave the TL and even drop. When someone sits in the back the rear sags down more in the front. Since i
m not putting a system in the car is leveled evenly.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

I put the 51858's on mine and while the drop was even, it was way more than advertised, tried them for 6mo - year and sold them when with comptechs. Called Rob at H&R and he told me about the change in springs and that the earlier ones weren't really designed for the TL's.

They looked good, just a little to harsh for me.