guys, were being monitored by G35 boys!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys, were being monitored by G35 geek boys!!

you know the post about the tls who raced a G35? well, these guys(from freshalloy.com, G35-forums) are getting their kicks reading our reactions to the thread. Hit this link to check out their comments:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/u...;f=25;t=000623

and for the record, I think the G35 is ugly too!
Old 04-22-2002, 10:52 PM
Grand Turismo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well

Who cares, let those Infiniti Owners come over and pay us a visit. Both our cars are great and suck for a multitude of reasons.

Later
Old 04-22-2002, 11:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: guys, were being monitored by G35 geek boys!!

Originally posted by torqueaholic
you know the post about the tls who raced a G35? well, these guys(from freshalloy.com, G35-forums) are getting their kicks reading our reactions to the thread. Hit this link to check out their comments:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/u...;f=25;t=000623

and for the record, I think the G35 is ugly too!
Come on....what are you doing on Fresh alloy if you don't like G35's? Hey, I've been a native of Acura-Tl.com for like a year now so I understand the perspective of loyalty to fabulous machines. I just happen to find both very attractive. My taste is my taste. It's just that people have been bashing the G35 and in some cases, owners of this one car on various sites...and this one's no exception. The thing is, now that you've been over there to the nissan site, tell me, do you see some TL type s (or acura anything) bashing?
Old 04-22-2002, 11:51 PM
Advanced

There isn't any Tl-s bashing over there and I can tell you why, because they don't care. The TL-S use to be top dog, but now it isn't and some people over here have a serious problem with that. The TL-S is a fine car and the new model will be even better. And i think we all now the G35 isn't that ugly.

There is a way of solving this, setup a meeting at the track. TL-S versus G35 and bring some money. I won't be there though, not in my dog slow RL.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:24 AM
Suzuka Master

I know that's right!!! I'll come just to see the modern near-luxury sedan market best go at it once and for all....let's just wait and see what Stillen and these guys http://www.importdevelopment.net/new.php
have in store for that G35 and we'll be in business!!!!! Everyone...bring those cameras!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by LuxSport
There isn't any Tl-s bashing over there and I can tell you why, because they don't care. The TL-S use to be top dog, but now it isn't and some people over here have a serious problem with that. The TL-S is a fine car and the new model will be even better. And i think we all now the G35 isn't that ugly.

There is a way of solving this, setup a meeting at the track. TL-S versus G35 and bring some money. I won't be there though, not in my dog slow RL.
Many owners of the tls HATE the G35 like it is sin.

Why, simply because the G35 is the new sheriff in town and the tls is now the forgotten redheaded stepchild.

I remember only a few months back before the time of the G35. It was all about the tls being the best entry lux sports sedan, fastest sedan for 30ish K, yadda yadda.

Now we can only say "the G35 is ugly"

Old 04-23-2002, 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Exclamation

Who cares if they're here?? I mean, you kind of saw that coming right? As long as they're cool people, then they're welcome. I think everyone on here needs to accept that the TL-S isn't the only car being made in its segment and realize that there will always be something newer and better coming..... just relax guys... let's not start a flame war between sites over a car.....
Old 04-23-2002, 11:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Acurapimp

Many owners of the tls HATE the G35 like it is sin.

Why, simply because the G35 is the new sheriff in town and the tls is now the forgotten redheaded stepchild.

I remember only a few months back before the time of the G35. It was all about the tls being the best entry lux sports sedan, fastest sedan for 30ish K, yadda yadda.

Now we can only say "the G35 is ugly"

I think you're confusing hate with people not sharing your perspective that the G35 is the be all and end all of the segment, which it is not.

The TL is in it's 5th model year (albeit with a refresh for 2002). If you think Infiniti has upped the ante, don't you think Acura will follow suit with the redesigned TL?

And, for the record, looks are important. The G35, in my opinion, is ugly. I've seen one on the road and enough pictures of it to gag a horse -- still think it's ugly. I don't think you'll find anyone that says the TL looks anything better than "handsome", but just because the G35 is "cutting edge" doesn't make it attractive. Plenty of people will be so turned off by it that they won't even consider it (probably go for the I35), although I'm sure Infiniti knows this.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by juniorbean

Who cares if they're here?? I mean, you kind of saw that coming right? As long as they're cool people, then they're welcome. I think everyone on here needs to accept that the TL-S isn't the only car being made in its segment and realize that there will always be something newer and better coming..... just relax guys... let's not start a flame war between sites over a car.....
In all honesty there are alot more acura trolls going to freshalloys bashing the G than infiniti fanboys slamming the acura. Why is that? simply because the G35 fanboys could care less about a front wheel drive family car. They have their eyes on bmw. The tls fanboys on the other hand are threatened by the performance prowess of the new guy.

Mr. beans said it right.

Why can't every one just get along.

Guess what guys, WE the consumer is the true winner of these battles. Many people are here and in freshalloy because we are cross-shopping the tls and the G35. No need to go to freshalloy flexing your bravado over the internet.

Old 04-23-2002, 11:57 AM
Instructor

I think it is actually funny that people say “well my car does 0 to 60 in 6.1 seconds and yours in 6.3” or something to that effect. When cars are that close it all depends on who gets the better launch not to mention that neither of these cars is a drag car. For godsake they are family sedans that are elegant and peppy but they would get chewed by tons of true sports cars. Looks are subjective so nobody is going to win that war. I chose the TLS because it was the right car for me. If one of these cars was so vastly superior to the other then the sales would show that. Can’t we all just get along !!!
Old 04-23-2002, 12:11 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Frohlich
I think it is actually funny that people say “well my car does 0 to 60 in 6.1 seconds and yours in 6.3?or something to that effect. When cars are that close it all depends on who gets the better launch not to mention that neither of these cars is a drag car. For godsake they are family sedans that are elegant and peppy but they would get chewed by tons of true sports cars. Looks are subjective so nobody is going to win that war. I chose the TLS because it was the right car for me. If one of these cars was so vastly superior to the other then the sales would show that. Can’t we all just get along !!!
Old 04-23-2002, 12:12 PM
Racer

i agree with forhlich

this is getting really sad, we should just enjoy our cars without comparing it to everyone else

everycar has his its pros and cons.......

there both great cars, but honestly, the g35 will kick our ass any day of the week......

they are more in line to compete with the 330 then us....

but if i could do it all over again, i've probally wouldve still gone with the tl-s w. navi and OEM kit just because its a better value for the dollar, other then that i would be all over the g35. it kicks ass with the navi and aero package option

o
Old 04-23-2002, 12:44 PM
Instructor

First of all I was the guy who raced the G35- I won and who really knows why- who frickin cares-

My wife drives the QX4 and I love it. It is truly a great car- some people say you bought a fancy Pathfinder- "OK fine" I still like it

Some people say the G35 is the new Sheriff in town - "OK fine- I still like my TLS

We are dealing with two very similar car companies trying to compete for one anthors business and they are achieving their overall objectives- Both cars are sweet- I prefer the TLS

Sooo- Why dont we all stay on our respective web sites based on car manufacturer and help one anothor out with mods, purchasing, etc... Quit finding whats wrong with your car or someone elses and find the positive and be grateful- I enjoy this site and hope that I dont half to stop viewing it-

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 01:53 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Cars get better equipped, and faster... that's the rule... I don't see any point why any TL, or any car owner, should be surprised about it.... G35 isn't really in the same class as TL to begin with... it's RWD, shorter in length, and smaller in size... and was meant to be competiting with BMW 3-Series/IS300/MB C-Class.....

Look at HID alone... how many retrofit kits do you see on street?? Quite a bit, I assume.... and every TL from '99 on has it.... but years back, you can only get HID on BMW 7-Series, which costs at least twice as much, no??

G35 is a good car, good performance, but there are always faster, and better build ones..... the new Neon SRT will be available late 2002/early 2003, and should be faster than TL, so it's gonna be the new "Sheriff" in town?? I think not.... it's a NEON.....

I agree with many members, why can't we just get alone and enjoy what we have?? I thought car enthusiasts like ALL kind of cars??

Andy Kuo
Old 04-23-2002, 02:45 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
There isn't any TL-S bashing over there? Do a search with TL-S and you will see plenty. But my honest opinion, who cares. Everyone just enjoy your car. I love my TL-S and that's all that matters.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:07 PM
Racer

agreed....

there is mad tl-s bashing in the freshalloy.com....

can you blame them? we've been doing the samething here!

cant we all just get along??
Old 04-23-2002, 03:12 PM
Instructor

I think most people will not argue that Nissan has done a great job in the last year to make their boring cars more exciting. They diffently get my vote for that aspect. I do agree that the G35 has the same agenda as the IS300 and that is to compete with the BMW 3 series. It is funny how they will not bring up the M3 just the 330I. The BMW sure is a solid car just expensive to buy and expensive to maintain. I wonder why people would compare the G35 with the TLS?? I think they are pretty different cars. I think if the IS300 gained another 30-ish horse power is would come close to the 330I. Why would Nissan come out with an automatic transmission for the first year. Kinda a stupid call for a company trying to compete with other 5 or 6 speeds models?? And also trying to make a big statement!!
Old 04-23-2002, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by Las Vegas TLS
I think most people will not argue that Nissan has done a great job in the last year to make their boring cars more exciting. They diffently get my vote for that aspect. I do agree that the G35 has the same agenda as the IS300 and that is to compete with the BMW 3 series. It is funny how they will not bring up the M3 just the 330I. The BMW sure is a solid car just expensive to buy and expensive to maintain. I wonder why people would compare the G35 with the TLS?? I think they are pretty different cars. I think if the IS300 gained another 30-ish horse power is would come close to the 330I. Why would Nissan come out with an automatic transmission for the first year. Kinda a stupid call for a company trying to compete with other 5 or 6 speeds models?? And also trying to make a big statement!!
The reason why they don't bring up the M3 is because the M3 is 50-60k, way more expensive than the 30 ish K that the G35 and is300. So the G35 does not compete with the M3.

Why is it stupid for infiniti to come out with automatic 1st for the G35. Didn't lexus do that for the is300, what about auto on the ACURA TL-S. Guess what, there still isn't a manual on the tls yet.

What about the cl-s, manual didn't come out until a few months ago.

Old 04-23-2002, 03:34 PM
Drifting

i don't bother starting a fuss because, unlike them, i don't need to justify my purchase to myself...the tl-s is a winner!
Old 04-23-2002, 04:28 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Acurapimp

Why is it stupid for infiniti to come out with automatic 1st for the G35. Didn't lexus do that for the is300, what about auto on the ACURA TL-S. Guess what, there still isn't a manual on the tls yet.

What about the cl-s, manual didn't come out until a few months ago.
If the G35 would have come out 2 years ago a automatic would have been just fine, but they didn't. Keep in mind that the bar has been raised a little. My point is these cars keep coming out and it seems like they come close but they always seem to miss the mark by something stupid like an automatic tranny or 30 HP less like the IS300. The CLS may be closer to the G35 because of two door, but the TLS, I don't think so.

Another point was that Nissan was trying to take the market by storm. With a automatic only I think they missed the target in that regards. I think it was poor planning on their part.
Old 04-23-2002, 04:29 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
All these cars are very similiar in straightline performance and looks are subjective, how many racesare in curves lets be real most of us are stop light to stop light. The times of these cars are so close I wouldnt claim neither is the king of acceleration. Heck there are alot of cars in the 25-35k range that have very similiar performance in straight line: G35,TLS,Maxima,I35 none are king it just depends on the driver and remember some cars come out of the factory with stronger motors than others. It makes me mad when someone says I beat a G or 330 or whatever by 3 car lengths knowing in my head yeah right!
Old 04-23-2002, 07:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Whats the point of this thread? To start a flame war? I dont think so. We get enough trolls at times as is it. There is absolutely no need for trying to encite anyone for something as stupid as this. Its all subjective opinion anyway.