great service experience...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 06:37 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great service experience...

Last weekend my SRS light came on in the dash of my 2002 TLs. I have 52000 miles on it now, and I really haven't had any problems at all- with the exception of my upper dash pad warping (which my dealer replaced). I took it in this morning, and first,they hooked me up with a 2005 TL with 8 miles on it as a loaner, then the lady called me and told me I needed a module of some sort for the passenger side, and they covered it under warranty. And believe it or not, it was ready before 6:00 today.
I feel so freaking lucky to have some great people taking care of my great ride. I have read posts here from people who have had nightmares at dealerships. So if any of you guys are ever near Greenville SC, don't think twice about Bradshaw Acura- they rock!!
Old 06-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Great to hear!! And welcome to the forum.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
i wish i can say the same, in Bklyn, NY we officialy have the worse Acura dealership.

I have the same problem with the module in the passenger seat, but its gonna cost me an arm and a leg to replace.

I made sure that my airbags do work thru the dealership. For now once in a while i have to reset the SRS warning.

Im glad you have a good experience, enjoy your TL and this forum..lata
Old 06-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by amy3.2s
Last weekend my SRS light came on in the dash of my 2002 TLs. I have 52000 miles on it now, and I really haven't had any problems at all- with the exception of my upper dash pad warping (which my dealer replaced). I took it in this morning, and first,they hooked me up with a 2005 TL with 8 miles on it as a loaner, then the lady called me and told me I needed a module of some sort for the passenger side, and they covered it under warranty. And believe it or not, it was ready before 6:00 today.
I feel so freaking lucky to have some great people taking care of my great ride. I have read posts here from people who have had nightmares at dealerships. So if any of you guys are ever near Greenville SC, don't think twice about Bradshaw Acura- they rock!!
Do you know why your SRS light came on? If you were missing a module, did someone take that out which caused the SRS light to come on? Cause when I got my car repaired for some damage, I remember they told me they had to remove some module to repair the damage, and maybe they forget to put it back in or maybe put it back in wrong (so now my SRS has been on since).
Old 06-23-2005, 11:36 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Don't let anyone dupe you into thinking the SRS light can be on and the airbags will function - they will not. It states this very clearly in the owner's manual. It's the same principle as ABS - if the light is on, the system is shutdown.

Your life is worth the money to fix that module.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:19 AM
Race Director

the airbag affected will not deploy, the rest will. I asked a few Acura mechanics that been in business for over 10-20 years.

by the way my SRS light is not on, the mechanic reset it.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:23 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Are you willing to take that risk? The SRS is a system, I don't buy into it distinguishing between bags to deploy and defective ones.

With the owner's manual, and most research indicating that bags don't deploy with the SRS light on, it seems like a huge gamble to trust the words of Acura mechanics... the same type of people who fuck up TLs every day doing minor warranty repairs.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:44 AM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Speaking of great service. Anyone down here in southeastern, virginia should check out Priority (formerly Riddle) Acura in Chesapeake. About 10k miles ago, my tranny was going crazy. (Revving but not moving, erratic shifts, etc.) I called to schedule an appointment (It was saturday afternoon). They said I could bring her in monday morning. Gave the service guy a test-drive. Car put on a show for him (He was probably afraid to be riding in the possessed car). We barely made it down the street before he said, "yep, you need a new transmission." Drove her back, filled out some forms. Nice lady asked me if I needed a rental, and I knodded. Much to my surprise, she was already ready with one by my arrival. Just a few more forms and I was out the door with a silver TSX complete with XM radio (I dont even have that on MY car!). They promised me the car would be done by monday (2 days to get the part. 2 to do the work + 1 day for just-in-case+ my inside driver door handle had cracked, so they said they'd give me a new one and install it for $10. I thought nothing of it, one less thing to worry about. I was called friday afternoon to be informed that my car was ready. I was about to go get it, but then I remembered friday traffic through tunnels in virginia (basically, beach traffic getting tunnelphobic and going 10 miles an hour all the way across the bridge), so I decided to wait until saturday morning. Got over there, traded in the tsx keys for the tl. Service rep explained what they did, showed me the warranty information. I left in my fully healed TL-S. All and all an A+ experience. No hassles. I'd recommend them. I got the same experience the first time my tranny was replaced (but they gave me an 04 TL the first time, woo!)
Old 06-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
i wish i can say the same, in Bklyn, NY we officialy have the worse Acura dealership.

I have the same problem with the module in the passenger seat, but its gonna cost me an arm and a leg to replace.

I made sure that my airbags do work thru the dealership. For now once in a while i have to reset the SRS warning.

Im glad you have a good experience, enjoy your TL and this forum..lata
acura in Brooklyn sucks. They are so incompitent. Now I go to Valley Stream acura....all little farther but service is great...
Old 06-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TeknoKing
the airbag affected will not deploy, the rest will. I asked a few Acura mechanics that been in business for over 10-20 years.

by the way my SRS light is not on, the mechanic reset it.
OK, nothing against you, but mechanics are idiots (in general, not all).
Old 06-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TLofNYC
acura in Brooklyn sucks. They are so incompitent. Now I go to Valley Stream acura....all little farther but service is great...
Well I hate Brooklyn of Acura and I hate ValleyStream.... which is next? lol Valley Stream lies and cheats ppl, i gave them a fair chance twice with me and once with a friend. They try to deny as much stuff as possible and make you come back twice or three times before they do something.

They used to get my oil changes done fast. The warped rotors TSB, tried to just resurface rotors w/o new brake pads.... they claimed not to have the updated TSB in their system while a friend 1 month ago went thru the same thing. So some how that update from a month ago disappeared and went back to the old one.

Charged me for work they didnt do either. I was watching them like a hawk.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:20 PM
4th Gear

are you sure?

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
... the same type of people who fuck up TLs every day doing minor warranty repairs.
I thought they were all working at Rick Case Acura in Plantation, Florida....
Old 06-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by Bxscig
Well I hate Brooklyn of Acura and I hate ValleyStream.... which is next? lol Valley Stream lies and cheats ppl, i gave them a fair chance twice with me and once with a friend. They try to deny as much stuff as possible and make you come back twice or three times before they do something.

They used to get my oil changes done fast. The warped rotors TSB, tried to just resurface rotors w/o new brake pads.... they claimed not to have the updated TSB in their system while a friend 1 month ago went thru the same thing. So some how that update from a month ago disappeared and went back to the old one.

Charged me for work they didnt do either. I was watching them like a hawk.

Where do you recommend a good place for service???
Old 06-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Race Director

I remember I was a Massapequa Long Island Acura, they are very nice in there, but hell of long ride from Bklyn.

Btw, Marcus left in Bklyn Auto Plaza, there is a new guy there he seems nice, I told about how much of an idiot Marcus was, and he promissed to make it up to me...we'll see.

My SRS light I've noticed triggered when I turn on my neons/leds for a long time, since they are off, the SRS light doenst come back.... They also told me at the dealership that if you place a cell phone on the seat, the SRS might go on too...

Acura are very weird cars man...

I want to find an Acura dealership that is not too busy, and they are nice to you, and actually pay attention to your needs without ripping you off, do u think any such place exists around NYC?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:31 PM
291hp & 245 tq @ 3.5psi

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The first time my SRS light turns on, the dealer said might due to electrical interference since I hook my neon lights, but I don't think so. The second time my SRS light turns on about 2 years ago, dealer said it's due to I place the cell phone on the passenger seat, and again, it's interfere with the srs sensor's. Both time the dealer replace new sensor at no charge. After new sensor was replace, no more SRS light turns on even I still have the neon light hooks to the dome light and placing cellphone on the passenger seat. According to the dealer, they replace new sensor and add extra padding on to the seat.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:32 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TLofNYC
Where do you recommend a good place for service???
Well, I go to Valleystream only for things I know that needs to get done. Almost everything else I have attempted to do myself. Tranny flush, oil changes, tire rotations, brakes, regular maintence that is discribed in the manual. As for recalls or major stuff, I have SO FAR taken it back to Valleystream only because I feel they are better than Acura of Brooklyn and bout the same distance from my house.

Others have said Rallye is good but they charge more than most.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:34 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazym0nkey
Do you know why your SRS light came on? If you were missing a module, did someone take that out which caused the SRS light to come on? Cause when I got my car repaired for some damage, I remember they told me they had to remove some module to repair the damage, and maybe they forget to put it back in or maybe put it back in wrong (so now my SRS has been on since).
When he says he "needed" a module, I think he means he needed to have it REPLACED, not that he needed it because it was missing.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:07 AM
9th Gear

They told me the module was fried- no communication. It was still there. I almost wonder if it was my fault, just because I left the roof open when I ran into the store a couple of weeks ago and along came a little shower...... anyway it only got a little wet, but several days later is when the light came on. I was stressed out about it all week, worried that I had screwed it up myself. Apparantly that wasn't the case.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:35 AM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by amy3.2s
They told me the module was fried- no communication. It was still there. I almost wonder if it was my fault, just because I left the roof open when I ran into the store a couple of weeks ago and along came a little shower...... anyway it only got a little wet, but several days later is when the light came on. I was stressed out about it all week, worried that I had screwed it up myself. Apparantly that wasn't the case.
I don't know, I had the same story, left the sunroof open during a shower, and had to vacuum out water later, then the SRS light came on. This was at 51,000. Acura goodwilled the $254 repair, thank goodness. I haven't had a spot of trouble since.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:49 AM
9th Gear

OK, well that makes me feel a whole lot better. I was just paranoid that I might have screwed something else up also. My friend was riding with me when the light was on this week, and she asked me what it was for. I told her that I was just a little red light to remind me that I'm a freaking blonde!!!! teehee!!