Graeddy Evo

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 01:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Graeddy Evo

who has this bad boy, its kinda pricy, is it worth the price and also hows the sound, i want to get some info on this thing i debating weather to get it or not...opps i,ll use the search
Old 06-14-2002, 01:50 PM
Intermediate

only one thing came up on the search and i tried 4times...so anybody have some info?
Old 06-14-2002, 02:59 PM
Drifting

Re: Graeddy Evo

Originally posted by XracerTLS
who has this bad boy, its kinda pricy, is it worth the price and also hows the sound, i want to get some info on this thing i debating weather to get it or not...opps i,ll use the search
I believe some people over on the v6accord forum dynoed that sucker and it supposedly gave a 10hp increase or so. Not sure...I would recommend you trying over there.
Old 06-14-2002, 05:20 PM
Racer

XracerTLS,

I got the GReddy EVOs installed early this week. I posted it on this board. Hope you found the thread. Nehoo, The EVOs aren't that loud at all. At least to me. Especially if I turned up the Bass from my subs, I can't even hear the exhaust at all. The car seems to come alive when I start the engine. Nice rumble. There is a semi-deep tone when the RPM's is at 1K-2.5K After that pretty much my Injen CAI or the engine noise takes over the GReddys. I can't really describe it but I LOVE how it sounds from low to high RPM's. From what I heard Comptechs are pretty quiet. I would mostly likely put the GReddy EVOs as being noticable but not being hella loud.
Hope this answers your question, if not hit me up on this board and I will try to answer ne more questions you have on the GReddy EVOs.

P.s. If you do get the GReddy EVOs, get the one that is for the CL-S and not the Accord V6 cause the cat flangle is different and the pipe is bout two inches shorter than our stock piping.

I cruise around the bayarea mainly Frisco but often on the weekends I go to San Jose (for the fine girls of course) Mayb someone from this board might see me round someday. Peace

Laters,

EvoRTL-S (Inspire wannabe =P But at least I look the part!)
TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Old 06-15-2002, 02:07 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by EvoRTL-S
XracerTLS,

I got the GReddy EVOs installed early this week. I posted it on this board. Hope you found the thread. Nehoo, The EVOs aren't that loud at all. At least to me. Especially if I turned up the Bass from my subs, I can't even hear the exhaust at all. The car seems to come alive when I start the engine. Nice rumble. There is a semi-deep tone when the RPM's is at 1K-2.5K After that pretty much my Injen CAI or the engine noise takes over the GReddys. I can't really describe it but I LOVE how it sounds from low to high RPM's. From what I heard Comptechs are pretty quiet. I would mostly likely put the GReddy EVOs as being noticable but not being hella loud.
Hope this answers your question, if not hit me up on this board and I will try to answer ne more questions you have on the GReddy EVOs.

P.s. If you do get the GReddy EVOs, get the one that is for the CL-S and not the Accord V6 cause the cat flangle is different and the pipe is bout two inches shorter than our stock piping.

I cruise around the bayarea mainly Frisco but often on the weekends I go to San Jose (for the fine girls of course) Mayb someone from this board might see me round someday. Peace

Laters,

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Hrmmm...but do you notice any difference in hp/tq? Did you get the full complete system or just the mufflers and tip? I live in San Jose if your interested in meeting up and checking out each other's ride...just email, IM, or PM me.

Richard
Old 06-15-2002, 10:02 AM
Advanced

What is the main difference besides looks to the Greddy MX System to the Greddy EVO system? I used to have the Greddy MX system on my FOrd PRobe 2.5 turbo and I loved it. Anyone has the Greddy MX installed?
Old 06-15-2002, 01:08 PM
Racer

peiqinglong,

I got the full catback system. I do notice the power gain cause the car accerlates faster but don't know how much hp/tq it increased tho. Mayb I gotta get dyno'd. But now I have two problems. The first problem is watching out for the frontlip being scratched and secondly, I now got to watch out for the GReddys being scratched on the speedbumps, driveways, and etc... O well there is a give and take for these things. hehee Well hopefully we can meet up in the future but as of right now I don't have ne time to come down to San Jose cause work is getting in the way. I will email you when I get some free time.

hgiljr,

The EVO's are slight similarity to the MX's. Only the diameter of the piping is the same and the muffler tip size. Other than that they are different. The EVO's have a circular can verus the MX's oval can. from the pic from GReddy's site the MX's system also has an extra can to lower the sound of the exhaust. I am guessing the MX's are quieter than the EVO's but could be wrong. I haven't seen nebody yet with MX's on cause in Frisco EVOs and the PE's are in favor (in the GReddy line-up) from the import scene.

Laters y'all,

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Old 06-15-2002, 01:25 PM
Instructor

EvoRTL-S: Did you lower your car? Also, what is your clearance now with the new exhaust?
Old 06-15-2002, 01:50 PM
Drifting

peiqinglong,

I got the full catback system. I do notice the power gain cause the car accerlates faster but don't know how much hp/tq it increased tho. Mayb I gotta get dyno'd. But now I have two problems. The first problem is watching out for the frontlip being scratched and secondly, I now got to watch out for the GReddys being scratched on the speedbumps, driveways, and etc... O well there is a give and take for these things. hehee Well hopefully we can meet up in the future but as of right now I don't have ne time to come down to San Jose cause work is getting in the way. I will email you when I get some free time.
TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Sounds like a plan...I can't wait.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:06 AM
Racer

greenpelikan,

Yup I did lower my ride with H&R sports with stock shocks. The clearance is bout 6 inches from the bottom of the can to the ground (At least from my garage floor "I think the floor is level?").

I am pondering whether I should lower my ride even more? I was leaning toward the H&R Race but want TEIN coilovers cause might stock shocks won't last long. Since I had the H&R's for bout 10K miles. But worried bout the GReddys scrapping. Also camber is gonna be an issue also.

Laters,

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Old 06-17-2002, 01:51 AM
Drifting

greenpelikan,

Yup I did lower my ride with H&R sports with stock shocks. The clearance is bout 6 inches from the bottom of the can to the ground (At least from my garage floor "I think the floor is level?").

I am pondering whether I should lower my ride even more? I was leaning toward the H&R Race but want TEIN coilovers cause might stock shocks won't last long. Since I had the H&R's for bout 10K miles. But worried bout the GReddys scrapping. Also camber is gonna be an issue also.

Laters,

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Tein coilovers...$925 group buy...http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...highlight=tein
Old 06-17-2002, 02:07 AM
Racer

peiqinglong,

Thanx for the info but I wish I had the money to buy the TEINs. That price is cheap but can't afford it right now. But hopefully will save up enough $$$ to buy it for myself for Christmas . Thanx again.

Laters,

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Old 06-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Intermediate

so EVO do you think you can take a video or sound clip of your exhaust? i really want to see taht that ting sounds like