Got a ticket for my tint dammit!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What inspections? I live in Oregon, only inspection we have is DEQ....

Originally Posted by TL-IGHTS
Ok, something I still havn't figured out, how do all of you with your "illegal" tints manage to pass inspections?
Old 04-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TL-IGHTS
Ok, something I still havn't figured out, how do all of you with your "illegal" tints manage to pass inspections?
No inspections here in CA either...
Old 07-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dee diddy
what's this meter that you talk about? some handheld thing the use to check for tint or some device that's in the cop car that's like a tint radar?!??!
The device you are inquiring about is really quite a simple device. They tell you to roll down the window half-way, so that they can slide the device onto your window. Imagine the letter "U" upside down, thats what the devices are usually shaped like. They slide onto the window, and on the tails of the U, one tail has a light emitter, and the other side has a light receiver. The receiver is calibrated so that when NOTHING is in between the tails of the "U" the transmittance of light from emitter to receiver is 100%. The opposite of transmittance is absorbance. So if transmittance is 10%, absorbance is 90%, or in simple terms, 10% of the light is being TRANSMITTED thru an object, and/or 90% of that light is being absorbed by the object, so that the receiver cannot see this 90% of the light. So, when you got 20% transmittance tints on your windows, and they slide that puppy on your window, the light flashes thru your 20% tints, and the receiver can only see that light at 20% of the original brightness, and the meter will read "20" meaning your tints are allowing only 20% of the light to enter the vehicle. Hope that helped, i tried to be as simple as i could?
Old 07-14-2004, 11:44 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In florida, they have to use some type of spectrometer (sp) to measure the amount of light passing through the tint. They can stop you all they want down here and say it's too dark but by law you don't have to do anything unless they use their device. I'm not sure how other states work though.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Banned

damn i feel sorry for where some of you guys live. im from the city, and everyones got illegal tints and shit. i go to college in the boonies however, and these small town cops have me nervous. i just make sure to roll my windows down whenever i see em roll down.

on the cops topic.....city cops are usually chill down to earth people. they realize society and they have better things to do than to harass innocents. SMALL TOWN COPS HOWEVER ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!! just the other week a friend (girl) was sexually harassed and wanted to press charges. well these idiot small town cops came up, threw the girl in the squad car and began interrogating her and her friends, talking to them like they were criminals