Got room for one more in the "club?"

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2001, 02:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Got room for one more in the "club?"

WooHoo! I flew down from Northern to Southern Cal last Friday in order to pick up my TL-S in Calabasas, CA (Los Angeles) on Saturday. Drove back to Northern Cal (Sacto - Folsom area) on Sunday. All I can say is, "DAMN, THIS CAR IS SWEEEET!"

I'm finally the proud owner of a WDP/Parchment TL-S and had the rear spoiler and body kit added. After 24hrs of ownership my car has 610 miles on it! That was the best I-5 driving experience I've ever had! This car cuts through those mountains like butter, baby! I had a hard time keeping my speed down... especially when I "tested" the sport-shift. (heh, heh, heh)

So now it's time to spend some more money on a few mods that I've been reading about (for over a year!). Starting with an after-market alarm system and window tint.

That's all for now... oooh, now I can add a sig!

Later,

Vincent
Old 10-01-2001, 02:50 PM
No, you are a dork.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent choice.....Come on in..........
Old 10-01-2001, 03:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey Vincent--

Glad to hear that you finally got your TL-S; you musta got a really sweet deal if you were willing to fly down to SoCal to pick up your car!

Calabasas? Did you happen to bump into J.Lo down there? I think that's where she got married over the weekend...

Just curious--what was your OTD price? I got the same package you did (navi, rear wing, full body kit) and I was just wondering how much more I was stupid enough to pay for...

Tony
Old 10-01-2001, 03:20 PM
Pro

Welcome to the WDP "S" club. Good choice. Congrats.
Old 10-01-2001, 03:20 PM
Banned

Good job...now you can come to the NoCal meets...
Old 10-01-2001, 03:24 PM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Oh, what the heck, what's one more. Congratulations!! Welcome.
Old 10-01-2001, 03:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Cool J-Lo...

Tdoh: Yeah, vperkins2 is just an alias... J-Lo actually married me over the weekend, I just forgot to mention it earlier!

So, Tdoh, are you one of those guys who pokes their sore arm over and over? I didn't post the price because I was lucky enough to be friends with someone who grew up with the owner of the Acura dealership -- and he asked him to "make me a good deal."

By the way... my invoice says that the price for a TL-S w/Nav has changed from $29,950 to $30,282.68 (mine was supposedly made in Sept -- I haven't physically/visually checked yet).

Let's just say that edgalang and I are in close company in the "% over invoice club."

All: Thanks for the welcome! Hey Darla -- I want a quote!

Vincent

Ok, Ok, Tdoh... the answer to your question is... the first two numbers are 35...
Old 10-01-2001, 04:25 PM
Pro

Smile

Beauty

Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.

W. Somerset Maugham (1874–1965), British author.

Enjoy your beautiful baby (and you've picked the best color combinations, IMHO ). Best of luck and remember the 600-1000 mile "gentle" period!!!
Old 10-01-2001, 05:21 PM
O.G.

Congrats and welcome to the family!
Old 10-01-2001, 06:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Vincent--

I'm cool with your reason for not posting your purchase price--I wish I had the hookup like what you got!

For what came with your car (just about everything worth getting that could be added to the car) you got a pretty sweet deal! What's another $300 or so? You still got a great deal, and
(assuming that you didn't pay all cash) probably got sweet financing to boot, too...

Since you sorta mentioned what you paid for, I think I'll go poke my arm some more...

Tony
Old 10-02-2001, 03:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks again, everyone...

Sorry 'bout the long delay, but I was out driving!! Dang, I don't know how you guys keep your minds on work after buying this car! This is definitely going to be a challenge.

So far, I've noticed a few things:
- Driver's side wind noise (minor, but annoying)
- While sitting parked but with the accessories on, I hear a weird humming noise every two minutes or so. What the heck is that? Sounds like it's coming from the passenger side... maybe the rear. The car's not moving at all... sometimes I have a door or two open and hear it... sometimes all doors are closed and I hear it. (Sounds like "vvvvvt")
- Tail pipes are off just a bit (minor, cosmetic)
- I can't remove the grin off my face!!!
- My neighbors wish they had a car like this!!! Ha!

Thanks for the quote Darla! I've waited a looong time to hear it! LOL
Now where's that NorCal meet thread...

Later,

V.
Old 10-02-2001, 10:04 AM
Racer

Congrats, bro!! Glad to have another NorCal TL-S owner! Would you believe I've only seen 1 other TL-S in the last six months since I first started looking at it?!?

Sounds like you've got some cool mods planned - although my sig pic below doesn't reflect it, I got tint (on all 7 windows though) - and I've been very happy with that!!

There was a NorCal meet a couple of weeks ago (i missed it), but I think somebody said another one was in October??

Enjoy!!
Old 10-02-2001, 02:37 PM
tea elle

NICE!!!!!! I hope you varied your speed quite a bit during the drive home. The worst thing you can do during break-in (according to my dealer) is to drive at one steady speed. It's more damaging than shifting at high rpms during the first 600 miles.
Old 10-02-2001, 05:15 PM
Burning Brakes

No worries there! If there one thing about about I-5, it's that you WILL meet lots of trucks and "self-designated" speed controllers! (For those that don't know... Interstate 5 is a two-lane highway in most places). I might have had 5-minute intervals where I could "cruise." The rest of the time I spent going around folks!

V.
Old 10-02-2001, 11:31 PM
Cruisin'

V, congrats on your new purchase. Just wanted to let you know that we have a very active Sacramento area group of mostly CL-S owners who get together once a month and hang out and then hit the twisties. We had an AWESOME run last Saturday in the foothills, we all agreed it was the best driving we all had ever done. We have a couple of guys from the Bay area, a couple of TL owners, so come on and join us and help the TL ratio !!
We have a Sacramento meet thread on Acura cl.com where we keep up on local activities. We have been down for a week and that's why we've been hanging around here. We could be back up tomorrow. You should check it out once it's up. Alot of us belong to both sites because the cars are similar and you can learn alot from both. I hope you can join us, we'd love to have another beautiful TL-S to check out. If you're interested, just let me know and we'll hook you up. Good luck with the car !

Glenn (Red Rider )
Old 10-02-2001, 11:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey this board is getting more and more full of newbies......... Welcome and nice choice in picking the TL-S.........
Old 10-03-2001, 12:18 AM
Cruisin'

We must be brothers, I just picked up my TL-S WDP, Parch and Navi on Sunday. However I'm a little jealous, you're already past the factory break in period and I've got another 450 miles to go. I guess I could stop working and just drive, but who would pay the bills. Anyway enough about me. Great pick in cars and happy motoring.

Glen
Old 10-03-2001, 03:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Red Rider: Thanks for the info. I've actually seen your info on the CL site (when the TL site was down). You folks seemed very well organized. I'm definitely interested in joining in. Do I really need a reason to drive this car? Heck No!

Got TLS: Maybe we are brothers! Of course, since I got mine on Saturday I'd be the older, wiser brother. Actually, I laughed when I saw your name... I was half-heartedly considering that for my personalized license! Congrats on your purchase and Good Luck on your break-in period.

thebeaud: I posted in another thread about the fact that I've only seen one TL-S up here, too. Lots of CLs and TLs -- but not many TL-S'. That's just fine with me!

Time to go study my Nav manual!

Vincent
Old 10-03-2001, 03:25 AM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Cool Cool Beans!

Vincent,

Hey Congrats on the new toy. I'm glad your waiting was worth it!
Hope to see ya around Sacto when I'm crusing by for weekend.

I'm sure there will be meets coming up, probably see ya there at one of them I'm sure.

Did you retire your Accord? Or is that going to be the beater commuter car?
Old 10-03-2001, 04:08 AM
Racer

Vincent,

congrats on purchasing the tls... welcome to the club.
I guess it's my turn to turn around my 99 tl into a 2002 tls or cls...

looks like socal is the place to get the cars in california... overprices in norcal

-J
Old 10-03-2001, 11:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Cool Welcome back Edub!

EdubTL: Congratulations on your marriage! Sounds like your honeymoon went very well, too. Yeah, I finally got all of my ducks lined up and took the plunge! Boy is this car a "comment magnet." Seems like every light I stop at someone's honking at me and giving me a thumbs up! I love it!

You'll definitely see me at a few meets... I need to drive someone's car with a CAI so that I can see and hear what it's like. I need half a reason to make that mod on my car.

And I kept the Accord. It will indeed become my "park up close to the building / daily driver" after I finish giving co-workers "tours" of my new baby!

bobowah: I don't know if that will always be the case. I just know that searching for a WDP/Parchment was almost impossible in NorCal. Even had CarsDirect.com searching... they found one but couldn't sell it to me 'cause the invoice price had just been raised by $333.00 and my price guarantee was for the lower price. However, I coulda sworn that the other colors -- Black and Silver were very abundant up here. So, if you pick the "right" color you may not have to leave NorCal. Good Luck!

Now where's edgalang at? Yo ed, you roaming the halls nowadays? Show me some love, dude.

Time for work! Later,

V.
Old 10-03-2001, 11:50 AM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by vperkins2
Red Rider: Thanks for the info. I've actually seen your info on the CL site (when the TL site was down). You folks seemed very well organized. I'm definitely interested in joining in. Do I really need a reason to drive this car? Heck No!

Got TLS: Maybe we are brothers! Of course, since I got mine on Saturday I'd be the older, wiser brother. Actually, I laughed when I saw your name... I was half-heartedly considering that for my personalized license! Congrats on your purchase and Good Luck on your break-in period.

thebeaud: I posted in another thread about the fact that I've only seen one TL-S up here, too. Lots of CLs and TLs -- but not many TL-S'. That's just fine with me!

Time to go study my Nav manual!

Vincent
O.k. Vincent, we expect to see you at our next meet. By the way, Edub TL is one of the bay area brothers who has come to Sacto.
Our next meet is probably gonna be October 27th, hope you can make it. Once the CL site gets back up, hopefully today you can check the Sacto. area meet thread and introduce yourself to everyone. By the way most of us including myself have intakes and we'd be more than happy for you to test em out. I waited awhile but after having it i wonder why i waited. The sound is awesome and only in the upper rev range, around 5500 rpms. Hope to seeing you posting on the CL site soon.

Glenn (Red Rider )