Got a nice chip on my front bumper!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 09:00 PM
JD7
Rizzie's the color!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got a nice chip on my front bumper!!!

Well i got out of my car alittle bit ago and walked around front, looked back at my car like i usually do and what do i see on the front bumper, i see some flakes of paint sticking up, so im like WTF. I look closer and see that its a quarter sized area that is lacking paint and it has peeled (you know when paint gets old it cracks and folds out) well either someone backed into me, or the paint is just that ****ty do you guys have any suggestions that i can do instead of bringing it to a body shop, i think its too big for touch up paint... thanks in advance
Old 07-03-2003, 09:56 PM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think someone backed into you. You can try all the little home DIY kits from Duplicolor etc. but I don't thnk they work that well. Painting the entire bumper is probably the only way to get it to look right.

Just think!! Now you can do that "Top Speed" test your right foot has been dying to do!
Old 07-03-2003, 10:22 PM
JD7
Rizzie's the color!

Ya i figured that was the only way, im sure that wont be cheap either... Just some bad luck i guess
Old 07-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont know how bad it is without seeing a pic, but is is worth going to a body shop for? Some idiot backing into my front bumper a while back and i have 2 gouges right down to the black plastic Eurothane where there license plate screws dug in. I sanded it out to 2000 grit and dabbed it with touch up. Its ok from 3 feet or more away. I was annoyed, but it could be a rock or other road debris next time that does the same or worse so i decided the $5 touch up from Acura was the most practical fix in this case.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:05 AM
Racer

I feel your pain man pisses me off when you put so much work on your wheel and some cockeyed slob just fux it up in 1 min. Here is my suggestion the Dealerships here use this company called "Carnica" they are very good in touching up cars and not really that expensive i suggest that if you car is fairly new then call the dealership and ask the Sales GM what company they use / recommend otherwise look up yellow pages for some touch up companies i dont think it should be more then $300.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:12 PM
JD7
Rizzie's the color!

Ya i do need to do something aobut it cuz it is down to the plastic and i cant stand it looking that way, and i think if i dont take care of it, it could lead to future problems with the paint in that area, thanks for the advice ill shop around and see what i find.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:06 PM
7th Gear

I had my TL for two months - didn't even have the license plates yet - and some fool keyed the hood and fender. I just about cried. Some $1000 later and three trips to the body shop, it looks pretty good, though there is a small flaw in the paint.

Now, I've just discovered some rock chips on the front bumper.
There was a truck on the freeway a week or so ago spewing rocks and I guess that did it. I didn't notice it until after I washed it.