got nailed

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 07:33 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry got nailed

Damn I just opened my mail to find a f*cking photo radar ticket with pics of my TL plate. I haven't been caught for over 10 years. They got me doing 68km in a 50km zone. Big deal! That's only 18km or 11 miles over. Traffic flow is 65-70km/h on this long straight away section of road. No one drives speed limit there. If you do drive 50km you will likely get the bird from other drivers. I am pissed! I going to fight this.

I will remember this when election time comes around in the next few months. The much favored to win opposition party already promised to get rid of this damn tax grab.

Despite the bullsh*t government propaganda there is no correlation in the use of photo radar and reduction in speed related accidents. I am just steaming!
Old 03-13-2001, 07:48 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did they get you from the front or the back?? Cuz I was zooming through an intersection last week and I saw something flash behind me, I hope I didn't get caught too.

------------------
Knowledge is potential, Action is power.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 03-13-2001, 07:51 PM
Pro

they got a pic of my ass
Old 03-13-2001, 08:46 PM
Racer

I give you guys a little tip. If you wear a hat or sunglass. They will throw the photo away. The only way they will send you the ticket if you have nothing covering your face So everytime you pass the lights and cameras make sure your hat or sunglass is on

Muhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha
Old 03-13-2001, 08:51 PM

are you serious? i dont see the reasoning in that, explain.
Old 03-13-2001, 09:00 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Originally posted by Mr.T:
I give you guys a little tip. If you wear a hat or sunglass. They will throw the photo away. The only way they will send you the ticket if you have nothing covering your face So everytime you pass the lights and cameras make sure your hat or sunglass is on

Muhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha

So what happens when the get a shot of your rear license plate like they did to Eskimo??

What about at night? Can you really wear a hat and sunglasses all the time??

I don't understand what you mean???

------------------
Knowledge is potential, Action is power.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 03-13-2001, 09:03 PM
Pro

Does anyone in B.C. know if the governmenet will stick you with points if you dispute the ticket and lose in court??
Old 03-13-2001, 09:03 PM
Drifting

damn, that is pretty BS... only 11 miles over... cops don't really care about 11 over here in nebraska. but 15+, yes.

------------------
Moderator on Acura-TL.com Forums

2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Nebraska Legal Darkest Tint
Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra Plus 225/55/16
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
Old 03-13-2001, 09:24 PM
Banned

You should get photo spray for you license plate. When they take a picture its supposed to show up as a big bright blur. They also make license plate covers that do the same thing.
Old 03-13-2001, 09:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Yea, but that's illegal(to cover the license plate in any way)....So now that they sent you a photocopy of ur license plate, you should take a photocopy of the money you would pay for the fine and send it to them, but be warned, they might send you back a picture of hadcuffs, then u might need to worry..
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 03-13-2001, 10:38 PM
HU
Instructor

No... I don't think they will give you points if you dispute the ticket. However, I heard it is very difficult to dispute a photo radar ticket.

Where did they get you?

Yeah... photo radar is the biggest cash grab ever.
Old 03-13-2001, 10:46 PM
O.G.

Damn, I hope I didn't get caught either. I was using my friend's EZ pass and I waited for it to work. Then I took off so I don't know if it went through. SHIT!!!
Oh well, just a waiting game now to see if I get one.
Old 03-13-2001, 10:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Question

Does photospray work? Has anyone actually tried it?
Old 03-13-2001, 11:02 PM
Racer

THROW THE FU(KING TICKET IN THE TRASH! read>>> http://www.norman-law.com/page30.html ther is a lot of info on this topic on the web just go to yahoo and type in photo radar ticket and search.

------------------
formerly 98 prelude type SH

Currently 2001 Acura 3.2 TL With Navigation Black/Ebony
Old 03-13-2001, 11:42 PM
Racer

oh um..on TV there was this guy who got caught by photoradar....i think he was from canada not sure...but...apparently he fought the ticket in court...2 years later he's in debt of over $20 000 for fighting it...he still hasn't won yet...

his arguments were that the photo radar is unfair cuz it takes your picture and bills you...and the government assumes that the damn computer is always right....so the guy was saying how actual people should be doing it

and also that he doesn't recall driving down that street and driving at that speed.... just cuz they have his pic doesn't meean he was speeding...

so anyway...i think just pay the ticket....and go run over that damn radar cam
Old 03-14-2001, 12:04 AM
Pro

Thanks for the suggestion preludeSHfan. I did a search on google.com and found some good sh*t on how to fight photoradar. www.sense.bc.ca basically said to throw the damn ticket out and wait to get served in person. That's what I'll do. Ha ha. I won't be answering my door for the next few months.

Hu, I got the ticket around the 2500block of McGill St. in Vancouver.

Old 03-14-2001, 12:27 AM
Drifting

Basically, the photo must capture both the license plate AND the driver. In the photo, the driver's face must be cleary shown for them to prove their case. They basically have to prove that the person that was driving the car was who they say it is. They can't just assume that the owner of the car was the driver that committed the moving violation. (It could have been the friend of the owner that borrowed the car.) The burden of proof rests with the police. So, if your face are not shown cleary because it's covered by a hat as in the case someone mentioned, then the police would have a hard time proving the case. (Okay, this is true in California.. but I'm not sure about other states or countries.)

But one warning... don't look at the photo that they sent you and say, "Hey, you can barely tell it's me!" Trust me, they got a crisper photo at the station. And there is a big chance you will come home very disappointed.
Old 03-14-2001, 12:28 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL:
Yea, but that's illegal(to cover the license plate in any way)....So now that they sent you a photocopy of ur license plate, you should take a photocopy of the money you would pay for the fine and send it to them, but be warned, they might send you back a picture of hadcuffs, then u might need to worry..
Ed
I remember hearing this joke somewhere....
Old 03-14-2001, 12:52 AM
Pro

SLVR TL, unfortunately for us in BC, Canada law enforcement are not required to identify the driver in the photo as in Calif. Makes for easy pickings for "Smoky".

Man, I still can't get over it. Ticket for going 11mph over the posted limit under dry sunny conditions on a straight away and no traffic.
Old 03-14-2001, 02:23 AM
Advanced

I feel for you Eskimo! Photo radar really sucks because it truly is only a cash grab and doesn't penalize the unsafe drivers who weave in and out of traffic or who are not going with the flow of traffic and holding up others. Here in B.C., photo radar tickets that are not paid will be tacked on to your vehicle insurance at renewal time. And yes, you are correct that in B.C. the photo does not need to show the driver's face with the licence plate to be valid, as tickets are charged to the registered owner of the vehicle. Seems like Vancouver police have been cracking down and busy ticketing all the major routes. I travel on Oak and Granville Streets each weekday and I see them consistently at the regular hiding spots, as well as along Knight and Marine Drive. All I can say is to stay with the flow and let someone else lead the way. I know that I really enjoy driving the TL as it is sooooo smooth and driving at 80 km/h in the city feels like going only 40 km/h!
Old 03-14-2001, 02:33 AM
Racer

Ha ha, I know guys.
I think I am getting two tickets from radar last month alone.
I am still driving my parents' 97 Olds, so my mom's getting the tickets, sh!t.
Hee, so ah say a regular speeding ticket is 2 points right, and 6 u get suspended right.
But what about radar tickets, i think u can't get point for it right?
I think if keep driving like this I will get 2 every months. I am Vic for Uvic now, people here drive 45~55 km on left lane, drives me nuts sometimes. So I always speed out of frustration. Funny on the island people are really different from the mainland ya. We got pedestian control yellow lights every two blocks, even on main roads. I hope I can adapt to this more relaxed atmosphere, it is quite nice actually.
Off topic, please confirm my question?
thanks
Old 03-14-2001, 03:06 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL:
Ed

HHAA HA HA HA

------------------
Naples Gold Metallic 2000 3.2 TL
Wings West Kit Type-W
Comptech Exhausts
INSPIRE Tails
Cleared Out Custom HID's
00BMW Sidemarker DRLights
Custom Grill
Old 03-14-2001, 03:30 AM
Pro

Thumbs down

Damn that sucks Eskimo.

I once got a damn radar ticket for speeding cuz some dumbass was tailing me. So I decided to speed up and change lanes to let him pass. Then the damn falsh hit me as I passed by and it was during nite. I was only going about 65km/h! I was royally pissed!!

As far a points, I dont think you will get any as they cant determine who drove car. Only car owner will have to pay fine or else insurance will go up. Sux!

I heard berfore from BCTV I think that some people didnt have to pay because the radar thing was screwed...but not sure what people are doing/saying about them. All I know is to just go with flow of traffic and just cruise. I used to drive like a damn racer when I first got my TL but now I drive like a grandpa. hehe.
Old 03-14-2001, 07:26 AM

Arent the pictures taken from the back? If so why would it matter if your face is covered or not?
Old 03-14-2001, 08:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

that sux man....sorry to hear. i hate those cameras

------------------
Mugen exhaust
now ordering AEM short ram
Old 03-14-2001, 10:44 AM
Banned

Originally posted by preludeshfan:
THROW THE FU(KING TICKET IN THE TRASH!
That is a damn good idea (if there is no return reciept on the ticket). Did you have to sign to get your ticket? If not, then wait and see what they'll do. Good luck!

------------------
1997 2.5 TL Premium - 100% Stock (for now!)
1976 Camaro Type LT
Old 03-14-2001, 12:04 PM
Cruisin'

Ther is a guy who has been on the radio pushing his book on how to get out of a ticket. Unfortunately I had to buy the book last week. There are tips on how to beat the photo radar ticket in court as well as LIDAR, radar, clocking, etc. It gets into how to check for accurate calibrations, whether the road is certitied to have radar used, in the case of a cop, whether he/she is certified to use the radar gun, whetner the gun is registered with the FCC(I think it is fcc but could be another org. It is in the book) All radar guns need to be registered and if a department replaces a radar gun and does not register the S/N, the ticket has to be thrown out, etc I am going to use this to fight my ticket. The book is by Alex Carroll and is called "Beat The Cops" ISBN: 0963464116

Read the reviews on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...984216-6543006

Also, Shellac your license plate and bend it up slightly so the flash causes an unreadable glare.
Old 03-14-2001, 11:52 PM
Pro

No return receipt requiring signature on the ticket. They'll have to serve me the ticket. So the hell with them. I'll play the waiting game. I won't be answering my door for the next little while.