got my first speeding ticket last night!!! sh_t!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2001, 01:06 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post got my first speeding ticket last night!!! sh_t!!!

was driving home from seattle and needed to go to bathroom badly so i decided to hear some VTEC at the 4th gear...

passed the floating bridge and got pulled over for driving 32 miles above the limit...

there were NO cars whatsoever and i thought i was being safe.. and this cop showed up from nowhere.. that really sucks..
Old 05-05-2001, 01:10 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that...32 miles above the limit? Now that's going to be some hefty fine and/or points. Man, you can never be sure whether cops are lurking...DA
Old 05-05-2001, 01:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

sorry to c that..how long does it take for cop give u ticker..and how was that(needed to go to bathroom badly) turn out..side of road??

------------------
2000 3.2TL Firepepper red w/o nav
stock spoiler
Comptech springs
Custom front Grill
Bosch 4+ platinum spark plug
25% Tint/Mud guards/
acura-tl.com sticker at front windshield
Old 05-05-2001, 01:15 PM
The Doctor

ticket is $233 bucks... here goes my mods...

i am definitely going to traffic school for sure, concerning that this is my first speeding ticket.. and so nothing goes to my insurance...

so, i got home safely and just went straight to the bathroom and release something. haha
Old 05-05-2001, 01:18 PM
Instructor

I dunno about your state but in some counties here in California, we can take our traffic school online which makes it a lot quicker. Might want to think about that...

TLracr

------------------
Dark Emerald Pearl 2000 3.2 TL with Nav, Sebring Mufflers, Sebring Quad Sport Exhaust System, Factory Spoiler, HP Quantum Mirror Tint, 6 Disc Alpine CD changer, 16" 139C Pacer wheels, Yokohama 215/55/16s, PIAA 1700x
------------

Click to visit my updated page with pictures of my TL!
http://www.stanford.edu/~sevan9
Old 05-05-2001, 01:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Wink

Dude I did a forum on this called "COP TICKETS" in the past...too bad I don't know how to go back and get it though...maybe we should ask the moderators to grab it from the archives....it should be from early March to middle March or something....we had a hell of alot of people (me included) that vented our disreguard for stupid cop tickets designed to meet quota... uhhh those bastard pigs...........they pop out of nowhere on the way to Dunkun Donuts and harrass the mess out of us law abiding speeders!!!!(lol) No offense if anyone here is a cop...Please bring back COP-TICKETS though...it was one of my first posts as a member.........it got hella "traffic" then

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by tiguy99 on May 05, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 05-05-2001, 02:50 PM
Ain't No Other...

Originally posted by TLracr:
I dunno about your state but in some counties here in California, we can take our traffic school online which makes it a lot quicker. Might want to think about that...

TLracr

Some states like CA wont even let you go to traffic school if you violate 30 miles over the limit...
Old 05-05-2001, 02:53 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by UW TL:
ticket is $233 bucks...

Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

------------------
Old 05-05-2001, 04:39 PM
The Doctor

does anyone (seattle people) know that i can go to traffic school if i exceeded 32 miles above the limit?

nate? TLon15's? JYOO? deeznuts? anyone? help!!!
Old 05-05-2001, 04:47 PM
Pro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tiguy99:
.......for stupid cop tickets designed to meet quota... uhhh those bastard pigs..........

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit, factory body kit, custom grill...
Quiets ride
Old 05-05-2001, 04:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your going to play, be prepared to pay...

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. PIAA Hyperwhite HB's. 17" CL-S wheels with Bridgestone RE 730 - 225/45/17's. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways & Axle back Exhaust.
Old 05-05-2001, 04:54 PM
Racer

U W, Ill let u know soon I have two court dates coming up for speeding, one is a mitigation, and the other one im gonna claim innocence. Yeah I got 2 speeding tickets in one week! Damn if this is only your first speeding ticket you can have it deferred, this means you pay $50 bucks, and it doesnt even go on your record, but for one year you cant get another ticket or the punishment is severe.
Old 05-05-2001, 06:03 PM
Instructor

Yo UW, that ticket wasn't too bad considering the speed you were going at. I presume 82 mph. Yeah I know how you feel, it sucks that cops always have to be around. Anyways, I recently went to court and I heard many people going 80+n and getting off pretty easy. I don't think you need traffic school, and your ticket will be defered. I had one defered, but I got another one within a year so both of tehm go on my record. Good luck with it.

------------------
*2000 Acura 3.2 TL
*Nighthawk Black Pearl
*35% tint all around
*Interior black light and piaa superbright door lights
*Burlwood Shift Knob
*Air Spencer air freshener
*More mods to come!!
Old 05-05-2001, 08:57 PM
Safety Car

I think only CA and FL have online...
ANyhow... SEND THE TICKET IN AND PLEAD NOT GUILTY....
Go to court and they should do traffic school and parking ticket...
thats what they do in 3 towns around here (hee hee)
Because if you plead guilty and pay fine... the state gets the money, if u plead not guilty and they let you go to traffic school and reduce it to Parking ticket or something the town gets the money. THey should reduce it to a non point violation considering my friends stupid boyfriend had a DWI and got his license revoked for 3 months and reduced to a passing a stoppped bus.
Old 05-05-2001, 09:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Did you tell the cop you were in very bad need to go to the bathroom?
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech Springs and Sways, CL Type S wheels wrapped with 225/45/17 Dunlop SP9000's, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, Gutter Guard Grille, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 05-05-2001, 10:15 PM
The Doctor

yeah i did... but he didn't care ...

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL:
Did you tell the cop you were in very bad need to go to the bathroom?
Ed
Old 05-05-2001, 10:17 PM
The Doctor

JYOO:

how did u get it deferred? which box did u check on the back of the ticket and did you specifically ask for deferring? I have no idea how that works.. please help me out..

Originally posted by JYOO:
U W, Ill let u know soon I have two court dates coming up for speeding, one is a mitigation, and the other one im gonna claim innocence. Yeah I got 2 speeding tickets in one week! Damn if this is only your first speeding ticket you can have it deferred, this means you pay $50 bucks, and it doesnt even go on your record, but for one year you cant get another ticket or the punishment is severe.
Old 05-05-2001, 10:19 PM
The Doctor

yo REDMOND:

according to the cop i was driving 92 mph.... do you still think that it's possible to get it deferred even though it was my first ticket? what are the exact steps that i should take to take care of this issue.. thanks man..

Originally posted by REDMOND_TL:
Yo UW, that ticket wasn't too bad considering the speed you were going at. I presume 82 mph. Yeah I know how you feel, it sucks that cops always have to be around. Anyways, I recently went to court and I heard many people going 80+n and getting off pretty easy. I don't think you need traffic school, and your ticket will be defered. I had one defered, but I got another one within a year so both of tehm go on my record. Good luck with it.
Old 05-06-2001, 12:48 AM
Drifting

holy shit, dude, that's fast...
Old 05-06-2001, 12:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I got nailed for doing 99 in a 70 one morning going up to Orlando from Miami...Was ticketed for like $270..paid the bill, no points..
Ed
Old 05-06-2001, 01:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Thumbs down

Damn the f^@ked up part about it is when you get pulled over @ night and they hit that damn flashlight.........uuuuhhhhhgggghhh the State Troopers love that out here
Old 05-06-2001, 02:40 PM
Racer

Check the mitigation box. Since its only your first ticket dont worry about it theyll be soft on you.
Old 05-06-2001, 04:58 PM
Pro

Exclamation

A POLICE OFFICER SPEAKS

(The author of this article was Trooper Mitchell Brown of the Virginia State
Police. More about him at the end of the article).

Well, Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out. I do fit neatly into the
category where you've placed me. I'm stereotyped, standardized,
characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical. Unfortunately, the
reverse is true. I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I'm the bogeyman, then you're
shocked when they identify with my traditional enemy... the criminal! You
accuse me of coddling criminals... until I catch your kids doing wrong. You
may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me
out as a loafer for having one cup. You pride yourself on your manners, but
think nothing of disrupting my meals with your troubles.

You raise hell with the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you
doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws...
but you've never gotten a single ticket you deserve. You shout "foul" if you
observe me driving fast to a call, but raise the roof if I take more than ten
seconds to respond to your complaint. You call it part of my job if someone
strikes me, but call it Police brutality if I strike back.

You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or your doctor
how to take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give me pointers
on the law. You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody nose
from anyone else, but expect me to take it without batting an eye. You yell
something's got to be done to fight crime, but you can't be bothered to get
involved. You have no use for me at all, but of course it's OK if I change a
flat for your wife, deliver your child in the back of the Patrol car, or perhaps
save your son's life with mouth to mouth breathing, or work many hours
overtime looking for your lost Daughter.

So, Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave
about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never
stop to think that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends on
me or one of my buddies. Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me...the cop!

The author of this article was Trooper Mitchell Brown of the Virginia State
Police. He was killed in the line of duty two months after writing the article.

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit, factory body kit, custom grill...
Quiets ride
Old 05-06-2001, 05:23 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL:
I got nailed for doing 99 in a 70 one morning going up to Orlando from Miami...Was ticketed for like $270..paid the bill, no points..
Ed
d**n I think 270 is the going rate down there for speeding tickets you are the 3rd person I heard that got a ticket for that amount they got me just north of Ft Lauderdale 99 in a 70

------------------
2001 Naples Gold non/nav, Burlwood shifter, Comptech Springs & Sways, 02 Tails, Clifford I9000, PIAA 1700X waiting install, Inspire Switch waiting install
next audio upgrade
Old 05-06-2001, 07:10 PM
Instructor

Yo UW considering it was your first ticket, and your age, they will defer it for sure. Check the mitiagtion box and send it in. At the court explain all circumstances and most likely they will drop the speed lower as wel as give you a deferal. What city was it? Anyway good luck with it.

------------------
*2000 Acura 3.2 TL
*Nighthawk Black Pearl
*35% tint all around
*Interior black light and piaa superbright door lights
*Burlwood Shift Knob
*Air Spencer air freshener
*More mods to come!!
Old 05-07-2001, 02:06 PM
Pro

UDUB: That sucks!!! The judge is the one that gives you the option of driving school! I got to do that when i was 16. I cannot believe you got pulled over, NEVER STOP!!! You have a TL man, outrun the pig!!!
Old 05-07-2001, 06:51 PM
Pro

Back in my old Camaro and long hair days, I was pulled over at least 20 times, and received nine tickets. I took every one to court, and won or had every ticket knocked down except for one. My last ticket was over four years ago, but I did the same thing, had the ticket reduced, took my class, and had my tickets wiped off my record.

Cops aren't the bad guys, its the system that stinks. I have no issue paying fines for driving well beyond the limit, I do most seriously have an issue when the system is abused and allows insurance companies to jack up rates for otherwise spotless records, when cops have to pull people over to meet quotas, and when more attention is focused on artifically low speed limits that are never re-examined or updated, when the vast majority of fatal accidents are caused by people driving under 45mph, most often people who run red lights or stops signs.

I also understand the difference between driving fast but safe, and driving stupid. Cops with lasers don't catch morons weaving in and out of traffic, more often than not they simply catch people driving to work. Much better would be to have all those troopers driving unmarked cars and catching the idiots who are a real hazard on the road.
Old 05-07-2001, 07:31 PM
Pro

There is no such thing as having a quota for tickets. For the most part, we recieve complaints in various areas of people speeding, that is when we set up our speed traps. Or we just happen to be driving along an notice something out of the ordinary. Also everyone here knows there are places where people drive fast for no reason, and i'm not talking 10 miles over the limit either. I observe alot of reckless driving when i'm not on duty, and that is where you tend to go when you are on duty. To be honest most of us hate writing tickets, because you have to take precious time to go to court and all. But at the same time we have a job to do and we do our job regardless. I'm not saying i don't drive fast, but if i get a ticket for speeding, i'll be a man about it and pay my fine or whatever.

If you are not breaking any laws, then you have nothing to worry about. Put yourself in our shoes, what would you do?

I'm not trying to flame anyone just trying to get you guys to look at the other side of the fence.
Old 05-07-2001, 09:18 PM

Originally posted by MikeS:
If your going to play, be prepared to pay...

Parts of the I-15 are good...

did 140 mph on I-15 (LA to vegas :-) last year in my brothers TL. The car felt like it could go some more without a sweat!!

...I just bought a TLS now, its time for that road test ;-)
Old 05-07-2001, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by QUIETSTORMMVN_IN:
i'm not talking 10 miles over the limit either. I observe alot of reckless driving when i'm not on duty, and that is where you tend to go when you are on duty.
Some of the posted speed limits are too low... in a car that is built for performance like the Type S, one could very safely go at 100-110 mph on some desolate stretch like parts of the 10 freeway in New Mexico or small sections of I-15 where there is not a soul in sight and visibility is excellent. I don't think this is acting reckless.
Old 05-07-2001, 10:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

That is some hefty fine you've got...damn u should have been content in hearing vtech in 3rd...or second...and spare the fine.