Got my first compliments on the car! (and a kill too!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 08:35 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Got my first compliments on the car! (and a kill too!)

Was coming out of BestBuy in Reston, VA today looking for the new Metallica CD (Circuit City in Sterling had it, 1 day early! woohoo) ... Anyways, and two guys are outside talking to each other looking and walking towards my car.

I wasn't sure what they were doing, so I flicked the button on my key FOB to make the car flash and warn them that they're awfully close to my car ...

Anyways, they're like "Hey is this your car? Its real nice" ... And went on to ask me about my coilovers and stuff. I showed one of the guys the EDFC, ends up he used to own a CL and got into an accident and now has an M3 (<-- IM JEALOUS!). As they were leaving, they mentioned again how nice my car looked.

digitalgm is his name on ACL ...

Was surprised how much lowering the car made a difference in terms of people checking out the car! I've noticed a lot more people checking out my car as I drive by too.

Also, as I was driving to Circuit City in Sterling I was next to some green Ford Contour(I think thats the car at least), and a kid that looks like he was in high school was driving it. I was driving the speed limit and noticed he was coming up on me real quick ... Anyways we both stopped at a red light and I looked over at him, but he didn't look back so I figured no racing ... When he took off, he took off kindof hard so I stepped on it a little to see what he'd do ... I guess when I hit VTEC he must have heard it because he gunned it and got a little in front of me, so I slammed on the gas and took off flying by him like crazy ... Hahaha, was funny

The coilovers + sways make a HUGE difference in handling too ... Everytime I'm driving thats all I keep thinking as I'm taking the turns.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice man...I had a similar incident with a gawker.

I only have the OEM kit on my 03 TL-S, but I pulled into Friday's and some joker came out while I was walking in and saw my car. He was like "Wow a TL...I wonder if it's Type-S or not!" his woman looked really embarrassed. So he starts walking up to my car, walks behind it to check it out then screams out..."IT IS! IT'S A TYPE-S!" At that point I hit the panic button, dude ran away from my car so fast

His woman just looked at me and was like "Yeah, he's mine" hardest thing to believe was that they were together, she was pretty hott, and he looked like a stooge...go figure.

Can't imagine what they're gonna be doin when I get the money to drop it and do the exhaust. Man I love this car.