got into accident: TL survived, Ford didn't.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
got into accident: TL survived, Ford didn't.

WOW, the TL has a pretty strong body.

alright here's the story:
I was driving down a neighborhood street with a speed limit of 40. believe it or not, but i was actually driving under speed limit because of the SNOW STORM we had last night here in jersey. there were piles of snow all over the sides of the streets. so while i was just cruising down, a 17 year old girl (who just got her license), backed out of her driveway and i guess she didnt see me because of the tall snow stacks by the sides of her driveway. she pulled out prettyfasted and before i could slam the brakes, we already collided. so her side panel was fucked, the whole passenger front and rear doors were slammed in. my front bumper was fine, the only thing that broke was the damn license plate bracket!!! but other than that everything was fine except for a few scratches on the paint, but nothing deep...

it wasnt my fault because she was pulling out and i was doing speed limit. she shouldve backed up slowly out of the driveway too. but thats what happens with noob drivers.. my first accident too though. what a shock, but wow, the TL, some strong ass car!! her ford taurus.. WHOAAA the panel was pushed pretty far in! sucks for her. 2 weeks after getting her license.. i wonder what her insurance is gonna come out to.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, hope you're okie.
I got a similar story. I was driving my mom's 00 Accord and the front traffic was slowing down and got to complete stop, so I just applied the brake and stopped the car normally with a safe distance (2 seconds rule ) All the sudden, I felt someone hit my car in the back shortly. I came out, it was a 00 Pontiac Grand Am. Suprisingly enough, his hood was dent and bent, one of the side headlight was broken, the bumper was broken........ My mom's Accord has few scratches on the paint. He told me that my car has a good brake and strong bumper....

I guess Japanese cars, nowadays, make stronger bodies than American cars.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:23 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

sorry had to say it.. I haven't even read the story yet...lol
Old 03-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Drifting

the honda lineup has been getting better rated bumper tests. im happy that the only real loss for me was the license plate bracket!! haha, now i have an excuse for not having the front license plate if i get pulled over. just gonna have to drive around with the license plate on top of the dashboard.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:20 PM
My M45 loves to eat rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really love how every accident on this board involves a 16 or 17-year old kid that just got his/her license. It really makes you think about the age that kids are allowed to start driving. They should really make driving exams more difficult to pass, if only that.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Intermediate

I'm surprised that you were going @ 35 MPH and the airbags didn't go off? I'd be nervous. I'd have your sensors checked.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MattT516
I really love how every accident on this board involves a 16 or 17-year old kid that just got his/her license. It really makes you think about the age that kids are allowed to start driving. They should really make driving exams more difficult to pass, if only that.
i still remember my driving exams.. it was stop sign, left turn, stop sign, right turn, parallel into the box, get out of the box, k-turn, and go back the same way we came in.. then he passed me. i was like.. thats it? what about like backing up and highway acceleration and all that other stuff i learned during the 6 hour permit session?? he's like.. no you passed.

crazy. and i practiced months thinking it was gonna be tough.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom

you gotta post pics if its an accident, so all us nosey bastards can sleep in peace, i hope your all right tho, lot of accidents lately, eh?
Old 03-01-2005, 11:57 PM
El Presidente

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom

damn Pat u've been on a roll w/ : pics : today haven't ya?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Drifting

i'll take pictures of my damage tommarow once the snow clears up. its too dark and the weathers just been weird lately. but you guys will be shocked from the damage on the taurus compared to my little dent. haha
Old 03-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Advanced

I dont think its necessarily the age, its really more about how many years of driving experience you have ..
Sorry bout the accident aaronnn, at least your okay. Im ready for this winter to be over!!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:31 PM
@ slide or die @

even more than years driving...some people are just dumb
i mean, who the F* can't see that there's a VERY bright light behind you...she deserves to be hit

anyways i find this crash stories amazingly entertaining...WE WANT PICS!

oh a q, who's insurance is paying the accident?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Racer

So was she HOT?? U get her phone number ?
Old 03-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Banned

Yep, I agree. I have bumped a fews things......
Old 03-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its not about how early they get to start driving, its just about experience and execution.. I dont think age matters so much as to experience on the road.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Drifting

thanks everyone.

yeah the accident shook my pretty good being my first one. her parents are obviously going crazy because of the accident. i dont have to pay a dime, everything is being paid for. a brand new bumper, hood, and grill. im gonna get the quote from the dealer, get the insurance claims, and just go all aftermarket. im gonna get the CF hood, since its on sale for 330 at this website, hopefully i can ship the inspire bumper, since i dont really care too much for a kit, but i really want the fogs, and a mugen grill. and get a paint job because i dont really want a cf colored hood on my white TL. but the lightness of it might be pretty cool and its 200 dollars cheaper than OEM.

yeah these are just the bumper pictures.. i really cant live with this, you can see the cracks on paint, swivels from the paint being pushed, scratches, dings, dents, etc.. the chrome grill frame part is cracked, the mesh grill i made is all broken into pieces, and the acura "A" emblem is just gone.

but remember, i was going at speed limit, of 40MPH. she backed up while pressing her GAS, NOT riding on her brakes like normal people do when they back out of a hard to see driveway.

oyeah and this accident happened during my lunch break, SOOO it wasnt dark enough for me to turn on the headlamps.. if it was at night, obviously she wouldve seen it more clearly and probably been more cautious.

btw, she is HOT. hahaha cute little white girl, but yeah she's 17. i do have her cell number.. but i dont plan on doing anything with her. just not my type. she's daddy's girl, and her daddy looked like a semi-trucker with a john deere hat and crazy mustache and beard. scary.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:57 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Am I the only one who believes that there is NO WAY in hell that accident was at more than a roll? Ever seen the cars tested at 40mph in tests? The force of a frontal collision at ~12mph is enough to cause airbag deployment. The difference in damage to the TL and Taurus is due to it being the TL's large, plastic front fascia versus the weak side sheet panels in the Taurus.

At the same time, I don't understand the people who immediately squeal about the airbags not deploying. Judging by the damage, if your airbags had deployed it would have meant a serious miscalculation the the SRS module's part and caused thousands in additional damages.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Advanced

She hit the gas coming out of the driveway??
Old 03-02-2005, 11:05 PM
@ slide or die @

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
Am I the only one who believes that there is NO WAY in hell that accident was at more than a roll? Ever seen the cars tested at 40mph in tests? The force of a frontal collision at ~12mph is enough to cause airbag deployment. The difference in damage to the TL and Taurus is due to it being the TL's large, plastic front fascia versus the weak side sheet panels in the Taurus
i have to agree...a girl in school backed into my car (under 10mph) and i ended up getting a new front bumper. My friend's e430 (AMG) -full metal heavyweight- hit a bmw on the back under 15mph and messed up his hood with enough force to crack the radiator.

any pics of the taurus?

OH, DO NOT GET a CF hood on a white car
etxx <---taste masta. cf cool with most dark colors, blue, yellow, grey/brown scales, red (IF modded enough to pull look)....but NEVER WHITE, GREENs or TANs/Golds, etc.