Gonna install Neuspeed sways...any squeaking issues and suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 05:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gonna install Neuspeed sways...any squeaking issues and suggestions?

Anyone have Neuspeed sways...and have suggestions for me before I install them on how to keep them from squeaking? I seriously don't want these things to squeak, that'd suck big time...anyone want to lend their advice?

Austin519
Old 02-06-2002, 08:36 AM
dj5
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
I put to Comptech sways on my TL-S a few weeks ago. I was very careful to wrap the bars with multiple layers of teflon tape. No speaking for the first few weeks, but then one day getting out of my car the squeaking was there. Now everytime I wash my car, I spray the brackets with WD40 and that stops the squeaks for a few days.

Don't know if the improvement (not that much in my opionion) offsets the hassels of having the bars squeak. Thinking about putting the rubber bushings back on. Think the Neuspeed bars are probably a better choice than the Comptech. There does not seem to be any difference in the front stock bar and the Comptech front bar.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

I've never had a problem with my comptech's squeaking, big improvement in handleing.

Aren't the Neuspeeds what Edgalang had on his car which caused the understeer that contributed to his big accident? You might check with him on opinions.

Don't know what the neuspeeds come with for installation. I used the teflon tape and the grease, 5+ months no squeaking.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:19 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bricot
Aren't the Neuspeeds what Edgalang had on his car which caused the understeer that contributed to his big accident? You might check with him on opinions.

Arrrgg.. Oversteer, not under. As for spinning out, it was MOSTLY because of bald rear tires + speed. If I only had better tires and a SUPER RICE GT style wing in the back, it would of helped prevent my rear end from loosing out on me. lol As for squeaking.........uh........23k miles.........not once from rear sways.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

I was operating from memory, I recalled from your post that mentioned oversteer and how it may have been a contributor in the accident. I was just pointing him in the direction of someone who had experience with them.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:57 AM

I was operating from memory, I recalled from your post that mentioned oversteer and how it may have been a contributor in the accident.
I know. I was just nit picking and corrected your last post since you said UNDERsteer.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:10 AM
Advanced

problems with neuspeed sways

Check the TL-S forums. There was a problem, maybe defective.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:11 PM
Banned

bricot:
Appreciate the pointers...actually there's two types of Neuspeed rear sways...edgalang had the larger one...the one that supposedly requires chassy reinforcement. Since I read his post about the oversteer and wreck, I went with the smaller one.

Austin519

p.s. - thanks guys, edgalang, did you ever have any squeaking?
Old 02-06-2002, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by Austin519
edgalang had the larger one...the one that supposedly requires chassy reinforcement. Since I read his post about the oversteer and wreck, I went with the smaller one.

Austin519

p.s. - thanks guys, edgalang, did you ever have any squeaking?
OMFG are you serious?! Did you just decide this yourself? LOL Better go back to the drawing board because I hate to tell you man, the comptech rear bar (22mm) WOULD of been a better choice than the smaller (19mm) Neuspeed's. BTW...the stock rear bar is 19mm. God! Don't you guys read anything?! (dont take it ofenssively...I'm just pissed)

Here....I'll post the link again.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=32724

If you didn't understand this thread i'll explain it in laymans terms, and that it was meant to quell all rumors regarding the 25mm rear Neuspeed bar requiring additional bracket reinforcements. What more of a test do you want? I just smashed my TLS into a concrete barrier fighting agaist physics (and lost) and the bracket mounts still didnt break.

It wasn't untill recently that I finally understood where this rumor came about, but since Neuspeed SUPPLIES you with these brackets, then you dont have to worry about it. With comptech, you will reuse the same factory bracket, so I totally would agree that the thick Neuspeed bar would tear that up easy since the stock brackets/bolts are waaay to wipy. geesh Austin! I wack you on top of head now!
Old 02-06-2002, 06:57 PM
Banned

edgalang:
Rawrg fother mucker...ok well...I'll go send that puppy back then...frickin *!&% ^**!(@ !**%#!*$*%!@#)$*%!!!!!

That's what the guys I bought it from told me...<sigh> well so I guess sways go on after springs then

Austin519
Old 02-06-2002, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by edgalang

OMFG are you serious?! Did you just decide this yourself? LOL Better go back to the drawing board because I hate to tell you man, the comptech rear bar (22mm) WOULD of been a better choice than the smaller (19mm) Neuspeed's. BTW...the stock rear bar is 19mm. God! Don't you guys read anything?! (dont take it ofenssively...I'm just pissed)

Here....I'll post the link again.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=32724

If you didn't understand this thread i'll explain it in laymans terms, and that it was meant to quell all rumors regarding the 25mm rear Neuspeed bar requiring additional bracket reinforcements. What more of a test do you want? I just smashed my TLS into a concrete barrier fighting agaist physics (and lost) and the bracket mounts still didnt break.

It wasn't untill recently that I finally understood where this rumor came about, but since Neuspeed SUPPLIES you with these brackets, then you dont have to worry about it. With comptech, you will reuse the same factory bracket, so I totally would agree that the thick Neuspeed bar would tear that up easy since the stock brackets/bolts are waaay to wimpy. geesh Austin! I wack you on top of head now!
Doh! you replied too fast (I was editing)........oh well...double post.
Old 02-06-2002, 07:09 PM
Banned

edgalang:
I don't see the 25mm rear sway listed on Neuspeed's site for either our cars or for the Accord. What is the part number that I need?? Any idea? Because I'm going to call the people I bought it from and tell them they were wrong about that bar, and that I want the 25mm. Damn damn damn...

Austin519
Old 02-06-2002, 07:52 PM

edgalang:
I don't see the 25mm rear sway listed on Neuspeed's site for either our cars or for the Accord. What is the part number that I need?? Any idea? Because I'm going to call the people I bought it from and tell them they were wrong about that bar, and that I want the 25mm. Damn damn damn...

Austin519
Part #43.20.32
For Honda Accord 1998-up 1"(25mm) Rear Race

http://www.neuspeed.com/pages/cat_pdf/1sprng.pdf

I talked to Neuspeed and they told me that they dont sell this to the general public. I specifically got mine from Tim provided I promise not to sue his ass if I get in trouble.

Funny that you went to 19mm instead though. lol I would of just sold you my stock one and slapped on a Neuspeed sticker for ya. lol Talk about going backwards.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:28 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I've never had a problem with my comptech's squeaking, big improvement in handleing.

Don't know what the neuspeeds come with for installation. I used the teflon tape and the grease, 5+ months no squeaking.
I'm probably the only one in this board that had all 3 bars install in my car (stock, comptech, neuspeed"current")

Both front neuspeed and comptech bars look and feel the same, but they both have a bit of a difference to the stock. Neither one squeak if properly install. I would recomend that you buy new front bushings if your car has over 30k miles, they are only $5 dollars for both. They would also make a little bit of a difference. In my personal opinion I like the comptech better, but don't ask me why.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:02 PM
Banned

edgalang:
Not my fault They told me I had to go with this one... But thanks for the part #... I appreciate it
Old 02-06-2002, 09:02 PM
Banned

edgalang:
Not my fault They told me I had to go with this one... But thanks for the part #... I appreciate it

Austin519
Old 02-13-2002, 12:52 PM
Banned

edgalang:
Ok this is some weird sh|t. You said you have custom brackets for the rear race bar. You got those I assume in the box. Neuspeed told me that they don't make custom brackets...and that you would have to get them custom made. They say they don't make any such brackets, and never have. I called ACP, and they said that they don't even open the Neuspeed package (I know that's right) when they ship it to you. They just stick a new label on it and send it on out. So...where the hell did you get your brackets from??? Can you find out for me? Because I can return the bar for the rear race bar...but I won't have those brackets...and I seriously don't want to get a rear race bar and not be able to install it unless I get custom made rear brackets. Let me know man...

Austin519
Old 02-13-2002, 01:28 PM

edgalang:
Ok this is some weird sh|t. You said you have custom brackets for the rear race bar. You got those I assume in the box.

So...where the hell did you get your brackets from??? Can you find out for me?
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...light=neuspeed

Read up on the thread. I've listed out the parts that came in the box of the rear race bar. Nothing came with the front other than the bar alone. The brackets I'm talking about are the ones that CAME with the rear bar. Don't even think about reusing the stock rear brackets, bushings, bolts and nuts. Those things are garbage and should be thrown away with the rear bar.
Old 02-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Banned

edgalang:
Okay so here's my problem -

"Well now I'm all confused (not sure about Comptech), but for the NEUSPEED rear bar it comes with

1: 25mm solid bar
2: Custom metal brackets (replaces whimpy stock brackets)
2: Custom non-rubber bushings (that fit!)
2: 1way end link nuts (rubber washer built it to prevent loosening)
4: Bolts (longer and beefier than stock)
4: Washers (To go between the bolt head and the brackets)
1: packet of special greese. "

I believe I have all of this...here's a picture of what I have...I don't think though I would have gotten the custom brackets and bushings had I not gotten the 19mm rear bar...I think if I had bought the 25mm rear race bar I would have gotten nothing but the bar itself...but so the brackets and bushings that come with the 19mm bar will fit the 25mm bar?

Austin519
Old 02-13-2002, 02:59 PM

I believe I have all of this...here's a picture of what I have...I don't think though I would have gotten the custom brackets and bushings had I not gotten the 19mm rear bar. I think if I had bought the 25mm rear race bar I would have gotten nothing but the bar itself.
What makes you think that? I bought the 25mm bar and it came with the picture you've posted. Why would you think they would ship you a product that you cant even install? The reasons why the fronts dont come with anything but the bar is because they want you to reuse all the old parts since the bar is exactly the same execpt that it's solid.

..but so the brackets and bushings that come with the 19mm bar will fit the 25mm bar?
If that's the case, then the stock brackets and bushings will fit too. The reason why they give you new bushings & brackets in the first place is because the bar is bigger in diameter! As for the brackets, I'd assume that they use the same one...but I know they shouldn't use the exact same bushings. Now, if I got 2 sets of brackets, then I would of used them in the fronts as well.

I'm still not sure why you would be confused? The brackets they give are sufficient enough. I posted pics of the brackets installed in my TLS after the crash to proove that even during high stress, that the brackets didnt rip off like some would assume.
Old 02-13-2002, 03:08 PM
Banned

edgalang:
"What makes you think that? I bought the 25mm bar and it came with the picture you've posted. Why would you think they would ship you a product that you cant even install? The reasons why the fronts dont come with anything but the bar is because they want you to reuse all the old parts since the bar is exactly the same execpt that it's solid. "

The reason why I am confused is simple. You're saying it comes with brackets and bushings...and Neuspeed says it doesn't. I called them, and they explicitly told me...no you don't get a box...you don't get goo...you get the bar and the bar alone...that is it. That's why I am having trouble. I understand about the front...we're just talking about the rear.

Austin519
Old 02-13-2002, 03:46 PM

You're saying it comes with brackets and bushings...and Neuspeed says it doesn't. I called them, and they explicitly told me...no you don't get a box...you don't get goo...you get the bar and the bar alone...that is it.
Austin519
So is it safe to assume you already got the 25mm bar in front of you to prove this? Odd. Mine came with everything.
Old 02-13-2002, 09:08 PM
Banned

edgalang:
<sigh> I don't think you're listening.

"So is it safe to assume you already got the 25mm bar in front of you to prove this? Odd. Mine came with everything."

I talked with Neuspeed...I've talked to two different people up there...they said you would need everything...that the bar is solely the bar...no goo, no little stickers, no bushings, no nothing...bar...period. But yours came with it...in a little black and yellow Neuspeed box? Weird...wonder if they've stopped doing that...

Austin519
Old 02-13-2002, 10:30 PM

edgalang:
<sigh> I don't think you're listening.

"So is it safe to assume you already got the 25mm bar in front of you to prove this? Odd. Mine came with everything."

I talked with Neuspeed...I've talked to two different people up there...they said you would need everything...that the bar is solely the bar...no goo, no little stickers, no bushings, no nothing...bar...period. But yours came with it...in a little black and yellow Neuspeed box? Weird...wonder if they've stopped doing that...

Austin519
OK....just what I though. So why don't you ask for it then? Most offen than not, customer service reps will tell you the opposite of what actually comes in the box. Ask some of the guys who got comptechs. I got mine purely because I trusted Tim, and he assured me that if everything was not in its place, that he would take care of it. I pretty much order from this site so I could have complete confidence knowing I'll be taken cared of as a valid customer. Think about it, if it doesnt come with bushings, then how would they expect anyone to install it?
Old 02-13-2002, 10:33 PM
Banned

edgalang:
So tell them I want that part...I know they've made it before...so I want it now. Ok, I'll do that.

And by the way...I don't know if I made this clear to you edgalang...I really appreciate all your answers and posts, they've seriously helped me out. I owe you one.

Austin519
Old 02-13-2002, 10:39 PM

Not a problem. I'd like to think I do my part to help. Although it kinda sucks knowing that I'm pretty much done for now that I don't even have the car. Anyways, good luck with the modding process. Too bad I wouldn't be able to see the smile on yer face once you feel the difference. (Trust me...mine was pretty big)