Gold Emblems.......Yes/No??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 08:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Gold Emblems.......Yes/No??

I ordered the TL-S w/o nav in Noble Green Metalic. We also went for the Gold Emblems. As the car will be leased, I don't plan on any significant upgrades.

What do most of you think about the gold emblems on a stock car?? Of course, my wife likes them and you know the story. Not paying much for the emblems anyway, so why not.

We have seen the color and it is pretty sharp in person. I won't have the car for awhile yet as I want to finish my current lease, but once we get it I will post a pic if the Noble Green Metalic has not made its way to the board by then.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:33 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the gold emblems on my black TL. It was part of a package so no big deal. IMO, I like it.
But this is up to you. Somebody will like it like me and others will not like it.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 90 Posts
There are some colors they look good on, and others that look classier with the silver. I would think that the gold emblems will be a nice, snazzy accent to your Noble Green TL.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:59 PM
Drifting

I think gold would look nice on a green TL!
Old 10-27-2001, 03:00 AM
...and then there was One

When I was shopping, I thought gold emblems would look good only on White and Green, but that is my opinion. I hope you didn't get the gold tailpipes, though. I think the green would also look good with the ... what do they call it, dark chrome? Does the green only come with tan interior? If that's what you have, you should check into the tint with a copper color to it. It really accented this green one I saw in the showroom.
Old 10-27-2001, 08:18 AM
Intermediate

If you can, could you post or email me a pic of your ride with the copper tint? Now you have me curious how that would look on my future ride. The interior is Parchment. Although I like the black leather better, I just couldn't get used to the ebony trim. I currently have a White Max GLS that comes off lease the end of December. My second choice color, though I must admit is the Black/Black.
Old 10-27-2001, 09:01 AM
Racer

I think med/dark green is the ONLY color that looks acceptable with gold emblems. Cars in any other color look like their owners should have gold teeth to match.
Old 10-27-2001, 12:41 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

I personally like Black Pearl Emblem...but mine is silver... I think Gold looks good on green..
Old 10-27-2001, 12:59 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
wow, it looks like I'm the only one in this post who doesn't like gold emblems.
Old 10-27-2001, 02:06 PM
Instructor

No, fahoumh, you're not the only one. I personally don't like them either. But, I'd have to agree that if anything the gold looks good on, it'd be a green car, and maybe a champagne car, but we don't have TL's in that color...or do we?
Old 10-27-2001, 02:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Not really my favorite. I think gold looks better on a black car.
Old 10-27-2001, 03:59 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Cycx
No, fahoumh, you're not the only one. I personally don't like them either. But, I'd have to agree that if anything the gold looks good on, it'd be a green car, and maybe a champagne car, but we don't have TL's in that color...or do we?
nah, not on Chapagne....my dad used to have car in Chapagne.....phuking beautiful, but putting gold emblems on a gold-like colored car seems a bit "tacky"
Old 10-27-2001, 04:43 PM
Resident Volkswagen Dork™

it would look alright on green...but im not one for gold. its your call so if you think it looks good, then you did the right thing.
Old 10-27-2001, 07:37 PM
Drifting

I like gold emblems on white, black, dark green. I do not like them on silver (yech!), gold (ugh!), blue. Red is marginal.
Old 10-28-2001, 08:48 PM
Intermediate

Gold Emblems

Saw a white TLS with Gold Emblems and copper colered tint windows, and it looked fantastic.
Old 10-29-2001, 10:56 AM
tea elle

Originally posted by fahoumh
wow, it looks like I'm the only one in this post who doesn't like gold emblems.
You're not alone....I dislike gold emblems on any car, any color.
Old 10-29-2001, 11:23 AM
Instructor

I also do not like gold emblems, but I don't like yellow gold jewelry either. My wedding band is white gold.

Really, it comes down to what YOU like. Everyone has different tastes in color.

Enjoy your new ride!

Paul
Old 10-29-2001, 11:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

They look good on some colors, I wish they made the black chrome for the '02, I ordered the those when I got my car, they called back a few days later and said they don't make that color for the '02...
Old 10-29-2001, 01:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It's all up to personal preference. I had them on my last car, a white 93 Vigor, but have not gotten them on my TL.

My wife (then fiancee) bought them for me for Christmas. They looked nice, but in the three remaining years on my warranty, Acura replaced the emblems THREE times because the finish would begin to peel. It was a joke.

After the warranty expired, I just gave up, it was hopeless. That's why I stayed away from them with my TL.

Since your leasing, my issue would not be an issue with you.
Old 10-29-2001, 01:38 PM
Intermediate

Smile

I stopped in the dealership over the weekend and was told that the car may come in November which is a month early...whether I take it a month early depends on whether they make good on my December payment on the existing leased car.

As for the Gold Emblems, my kids and I have been keeping our eyes out for them for the past week or so. We saw a 2001 TL Emerald Green with them yesterday and it looked great. Clearly this is very much a matter of personal preference but the board has given some good feedback on this question.

Yesterday, I picked up Windows XP at Staples and they were giving away a 1.3 Megapixal Fuki Digital Camera (Mail in Rebate to Staples). So I now have a digital camera and once the TL-S is in my hands, I will post a pic. (I have not yet loaded XP).
Old 10-29-2001, 03:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Who better to ask than me since I have full Gold Package except center wheel caps. When I purchased my car almost 2yrs ago I ordered the Gold Package. I don't have gold teeth or have gold chains around my neck. This was something that I just wanted on my cars other than normal chrome emblems. I did not get them on my 90 or 94 ACCORD but I wanted them. I think they look good on most color cars. They use to have problems with it fading. The gold emblems are made better now & has a warranty. The problem with the TL is that it has alot of chrome already on it.
I went over the the ACURA ACCESSORIES PRODUCT GUIDE about 500 times. The pictures ij the guide are not that good.
I have the Nighthawk Black Pearl TL hers my take on everything.
The gold rear emblems look great & you have to get the gold exhaust tips. The gold rear emblems will clash with the chrome tips on the back. This is why you have to get the tips trut me they look fine. I wanted this when I saw a black Lexus SC400 Coupe with dual exhaust tips before I got the TL. The front gold grille is another story itself. What you have is inner grille & the outer grille parts plus the A that is part of the inner. It takes time to get use to the grille. Its looks good in certain light conditions & others it does not. At night the gold grille looks great Some people said the gold will clash with all the chrome thats on the TL. This is not true you do not see the gold thats on the back from a side angle .This is why I say you must get the gold tips as the chrome tips will clash with the gold emblems. I would love to have the outer front grille in a black & the inner part gold. When it all boils down I love the gold package.
Old 10-29-2001, 03:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Thumbs up

Had them on my Iced Blue CL and they actually looked pretty good. I only like them on darker cars (Green, black, etc.) and white. Red is up in the air. I'm sure they'll look sweet on your car!!
Old 11-06-2001, 01:01 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Gold Emblems on Nobles Green would look sweet!!! Gold Emblem looks good on Black/Green/White, IMO!!!

Andy Kuo