Goin to the track

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Goin to the track

Im going to the local eighth mile track tonight to make a pass or two ( just for the hek of it) My car is bone stock with stock tires. My question is should I use SS or will the car shift out of first to early. Or should I drop it in 1st and bang it over to 2nd myself to get a few mor RPMS. Im defiitely leaving VSC off. So I expect a lil wheelspin, depending on track condition. Have you other racers noticed excessice spin by footbraking the car (to leave the line at a lil higher RPM? Or am I being paranoid, its not like Im driving a viper or anything. This will probably be the only time my car sees the track so I just want to see if I can post a respectable time. I will post my times later and let you guys know how it went. If anyone has any times they ran (stock or not) I would love to hear em'or if any one has any predictions. (eighth not qtr.) THANKS
Old 06-28-2002, 11:03 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have time, try launching from different ways:

- SS
- Power braking to like 2000 rpms
- Gateshifting
- Leave it alone and just press on the gas pedal

Don't forget to lower the tire pressure on the front tires to get better grip, go with as little gas as possible, take out the spare and jack. Turn everything off (VSA, TCS, radio, AC, etc...).

Good luck and let us know.
Old 06-29-2002, 06:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only had time to make 2 runs, 10.01 and a 9.98. I know those times arent necesssarily fast, but there were several slower cars so I didnt feel too bad. I gate shifted and powerbraked off the line. It was basically like a first and second gear sprint, redline in the top off second was about where the finish lights were. Anyway it was fun and Im sure with a lil more time at the track my times will improve. (or maybe some mods)!