goin for maintance...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goin for maintance...

is it ok to go to maintance with my rims on, will they ***** cuz it might "void my warrenty" or some BS. I dont want them to like mad a note i had 18inch rims on then god forbid my tranny goes they can use that as an excuse to deny me warrenty service.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your warranty cannot be blanket voided by a dealer because of any modification unless he can prove that it caused the failure in question. This is the law (MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT). This is an easy way for the dealer to attempt to get out of doing warranty work. Most often, they attempt to make this blanket statement before even looking at the problem. If a dealer denies a warranty claim involving an implied or expressed new car warranty and you would like help, you can contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint, you can call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357), or use the online complaint form. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies worldwide.