Garage contorl help....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 06:01 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garage contorl help....

hi, i just bought my TL type-S 03 used and i didnt get manuel for it.... i was wondering if u guys can help me how to program the garage control on the car.. thanx.. o ya wat does "VSA" stand for anyways? i dunno wat it does....
Old 10-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by diuneilomo2
hi, i just bought my TL type-S 03 used and i didnt get manuel for it.... i was wondering if u guys can help me how to program the garage control on the car.. thanx.. o ya wat does "VSA" stand for anyways? i dunno wat it does....

Not sure on the garage controls but the VSA stands for (Vehicle Stability Assitance) its has sensors that detect under or oversteer and brakes certain wheels to help compensate and help keep the car in a controlled turn and its your traction control.If ya trun it off it will allow u to use the full power when heavy accel(racing) situation.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:22 PM
1 B3AKOHE

There are Two ways of doing this... ( Text coming from 03 TL-S Manual )

Erasing Codes :

To erase codes stored in all three buttons, press and hold the two outer buttons until the red light begins to flash, then release both buttons.

Training a Button:

1. If training a garage or gate opener, unplug it from the house current.
2.Hold the end of the remote control 2 to 5 inches from HomeLink.( Homelink being the button in the car).
3.Press and hold the button on the remote control and the button on homelink you want to train at the same time. Red light in homlink should begin to flash.
4.When red light flashes rapidly, release both buttons.
5Plug in the garage or gate opener.
6.Test the homelink button by pressing it. It should operate the device you just programmed. If it doesn't , repeat steps 1-6. If a garage or gate opener does not work , press and hold the homelink button you just trained. If the red light blinks for two seconds , then stays on , you have an opener with a ROLLING CODE. Go to step 7.
7. Find the training button on the garage or gate opener. Press and hold the button until the light next to the button comes on or blinks, then release it.You then have 30 seconds to complete the next step.
8. Press the button you just tried to train two times, holding it 3 to 4 seconds each time before releasing. This should turn off the training light on the opener. ( some systems may require you to press and release the button up to 3 times).
9. Press the homelink button again . It should operate the garage door opener.

---------------------------
( wow it was fun typing all that up. )

Ok if you follow all those steps and it still doesn't work, then you are in my category.
What i had to do was ;
1. Park my car in the garage.
2. Get a ladder and climb up to the garage door opener.
3.There should be a little programming button on the back of it.
4.Have someone sit inside the car.
5.Press the button on the back of the garage door opener itself , and have whoever is sitting in the car press the button you want to program.
6.Hold them at the same time for 4-5 seconds.
7. Let go at the same time.

Enjoy your new programmed button

<------ And dont forget those rep points Click on the scale
Old 10-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Intermediate

First of all, 03 TL-S is equipped with three buttons to open three different garage door. To begin, turn off your garage motor. Hit one of button in your car and you'll se the light is turn on solid. Keep on pushing it until it blinks slowly. This is a good time for you to have your garage transmitter, and start pushing on the remote knob. When it is blinking, it is recording the 0-1 sequence of your transmitter. When it is finished, it will blink faster than before. After that, you can test it out!

Good luck
Old 10-18-2004, 07:15 PM
10th Gear

wow Beeza u type all that from the manual? thanks ill try it out... thanx for the info guys!