G35's are like lighting...... and fold quickly

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35's are like lighting...... and fold quickly

Ok this may take a while:

Took a long road trip to VA this past weekend. While traveling on the NJ turnpike I spotted a hot red G35. ( as he shot past me of course) So i hope up on my seat and gunned it to catch him. It seemed that we were headed in the same direction (we practicully raced all the way to VA). At 85mph we were side by side and from what it seemed it was effortlessly on both are parts. We fly past other cars on the turnpike like they were at a stand still.

Going through Delware (13 for those of you who know the terrain) I actually missed the exit trying to past him on the opposite side ( doing 90+) ... so i did what any driver would do.... I chucked it in Reverse and moved back to get my exit

So anyway I had to catch up with him no... thought at his speed he would be long gone... but after a lot of speeding (topping out at 129mph:wow: VTEC is so sweet ) i finally caught him back about 5-7 miles down the road.

Making our way through the tip of VA were still shouting past cars with ease hes fighting to past me me fighting to pass him... man was this sweet. We get to a reduced speed area were the speed limit fell from 65 to 55 so we both kind of shut it down.... Doing about 60 i ease off of the accelorator and let him take to lead for a while... he was leading for a good 3-4 miles (with me about a car and a half length behind) When out of no where comes this old clunker from one of the side streets on 13... it inches out and out and out until he is in the middle of the road... and then STOPS:wow:..... All I remeber seeing is the G swreve so he won't hit.. but to no avail..... BOOOM... I swerved to my left (into what would have been on coming traffic. Thank god this was like 1am) when I finally came to a stop I got out and ran back to the accident to see if the People were ok.... the guy in the guy got out and was walking around.... the guy in the clunker.. got out and RAN THROUGH THE FOREST... WTF:wow: ...

The ambulence was there in seconds... The G needless to say was done. Still surprised that the driver walked away . the cops came i filed a report on what i saw and was on my way....Dude had a sweet car too.... thank god he is ok.

On my way over the Chesapeake Bay bridge i passed like 5 cars that had passed me at the scene of the accident......30 mins ago ......
Old 09-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Im not tryin to flame anyone here but did you think to yourself that if you wernt racing him this would never of happened or that it could have been you and not him that hitt the car.....or that someone might have died here needlessly ?
Old 09-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Drifting

NSX Pilot, your not flaming at all you are simply asking a reality question.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts

This is not something Id be bosting/posting about.

Despite the fact that you say you were only doing 60 at the time following him, Im sure you being in his rearview contributed to this accident.

Guy who ran into the woods was probably drunk or something.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Pro

It could of happened to ethier one of them, life is too short for what if`s! One time or another this has happened to most of us. We all know the consequences of our actions. I hate this politically correct (SHIx) stuff!
Old 09-15-2003, 03:01 PM
Racer

Ah he said he was mostly going 85.. that's not so fast. 85 is normal here in Chicago, it's probably the same in NY.

And he said they slowed when they got to a reduced speed zone.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:14 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Re: G35's are like lighting...... and fold quickly

Originally posted by TLKrazey20

Going through Delware (13 for those of you who know the terrain) I actually missed the exit trying to past him on the opposite side ( doing 90+) ... so i did what any driver would do.... I chucked it in Reverse and moved back to get my exit

----------

On my way over the Chesapeake Bay bridge i passed like 5 cars that had passed me at the scene of the accident......30 mins ago ......

LoL :p

btw, drive carefully

@cUr@-TL
Old 09-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Pro

Re: G35's are like lighting...... and fold quickly

Originally posted by TLKrazey20
Ok this may take a while:

Took a long road trip to VA this past weekend. While traveling on the NJ turnpike I spotted a hot red G35. ( as he shot past me of course) So i hope up on my seat and gunned it to catch him. It seemed that we were headed in the same direction (we practicully raced all the way to VA). At 85mph we were side by side and from what it seemed it was effortlessly on both are parts. We fly past other cars on the turnpike like they were at a stand still.

So anyway I had to catch up with him no... thought at his speed he would be long gone... but after a lot of speeding (topping out at 129mph:wow: VTEC is so sweet ) i finally caught him back about 5-7 miles down the road.

Making our way through the tip of VA were still shouting past cars with ease hes fighting to past me me fighting to pass him... man was this sweet. We get to a reduced speed area were the speed limit fell from 65 to 55 so we both kind of shut it down.... Doing about 60 i ease off of the accelorator and let him take to lead for a while... he was leading for a good 3-4 miles (with me about a car and a half length behind) When out of no where comes this old clunker from one of the side streets on 13... it inches out and out and out until he is in the middle of the road... and then STOPS:wow:..... All I remeber seeing is the G swreve so he won't hit.. but to no avail..... BOOOM... I swerved to my left (into what would have been on coming traffic. Thank god this was like 1am) when I finally came to a stop I got out and ran back to the accident to see if the People were ok.... the guy in the guy got out and was walking around.... the guy in the clunker.. got out and RAN THROUGH THE FOREST... WTF:wow: ...

The ambulence was there in seconds... The G needless to say was done. Still surprised that the driver walked away . the cops came i filed a report on what i saw and was on my way....Dude had a sweet car too.... thank god he is ok.

My family comes from the Eastern Shore of Va (Cape Charles-Cheriton vacinity); there SO many side roads off Rt13, many of which are blind spots. That had to surreal; after all that driving to have this suddenly happen.

I'm glad they're OK. Just keep in mind: the bad drivers outnumber the good ones by about 1,000,000 to 1!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 09:54 PM
Race Director

He said he went to 129 MPG trying to catch up, Do you really think you guys needed to go at those speeds..

I know you guys will flame me, but what if you were the one in the accident, and what if you didn't make it out of the car like he did?

I dont want to give you a lecture, but you need to realize if he had died or something, I would have felt guilty
Old 09-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:29 PM
Drifting

doesnt really sounds like he was going to fast...just sounds like they were playing around....i did that when i drove down to FL....it passes the time
Old 09-16-2003, 08:16 AM
Racer

Well..

He stopped to help man - racing or not, the G35 owner is responsible for himslef man - He had the option to let him pass.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:26 AM
Instructor

Yes we were speeding.... at certain points. we didn't drive the whole way doing 100mph. We respected the speed limit in the reduced speed areas and on open road we let it lose. This is like 1 AM there was not hardly any traffic on the road.

My 129mph to catch up was so i could stay awake on that long as trip. 7- 7 1/2 hours, this guy kept me up, and i am sure i did the same for him.

At the time of the accident WE WERE NOT SPEEDING. I said i was doing 60 in 55 and then let off of the accelorator (FOR THE SLOW PEOPLE WHO DON'T READ THE FULL POST THIS MEANS MY CAR SLOWED DOWN)

The accident was not either or our faults. We drove 5+ hours passing many cars in traffic at some points and in none at others. It was the fault of the F***KING idiot who thought he could sit his car in the Middle of an Interstate and wait for on coming traffic.

And for the guy who asked if maybe i wasn't racing him if he would have got into to accident. How about if I wasn't keep him awake by challanging him every now and then, would he have even made it that far....

Yeah I was speeding...... please all of You on here do it at some point... Was I driving Reckless.. NO
Old 09-16-2003, 08:43 AM
Racer

that

and from the story - You had to do 130 to catch up to him so he wasn't going too slow even without you behind him. You make a damn good point, he probably was more alert.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:58 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
btw, drive carefully

Here's the best part of the whole post!

Put it in reverse to go back to your exit? My god...
Old 09-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Racer

hehe

now that one !! - well

I live in North Carolina and our local news had to do a special story on why NOT to do that!!
Old 09-16-2003, 09:05 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by r10apple

Here's the best part of the whole post!

Put it in reverse to go back to your exit? My god...
ok so i did do something stupid..... I wasn't thinking at the time... My bad
Old 09-16-2003, 09:06 AM
Racer

Your not the only one

but it was late and there were not many people on the road - we have people here that do it rush hour!!
Old 09-16-2003, 09:14 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
I wasn't thinking at the time... My bad

but it was late and there were not many people on the road

I live in North Carolina and our local news had to do a special story on why NOT to do that!!

This just gets better and better!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 09:32 AM
Racer

HA

Believe me I am a transplanted Northerner - You would not BELIEVE what they do down here -

For Example, they were working on a connection between two freeways 540 and 40. Rather than cone off a merge lane, they put a freaking STOP SIGN at the merge from 540 to 40!! A stop sign on a freeway (and if any one live here in RTP you know the merge off of 540 on to 40 is at the top of an incline so you cannot see the oncoming traffic until it is literally to close).

Although not uncommon in L.A (and for traffic control and to be fair they have red and green lights) they have started putting stop signs on entrance ramps on sections of freeway they are working on..even better to "manage" they traffic, they created a lane out of the shoulder to allow them to work on the inner lane but still maintain two lanes..except the should has those cement ridges in them to "wake" you if you happen to drift off the lane into the shoulder. On the right hand side they have the cement side wall right on the line of the so no one drives there - they all ride the shoulder and all you hear on the highway is "buddddda -budddda-budddda-budddda" like some giant bees are swarming, it would be hysterical if I didn't live here
Old 09-16-2003, 10:02 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1st, i wont be surprised if your TL has motor problems in the future for racing and keeping the revs up for so long, and also its not all your fault, butif you two werent racing, this accident might have not happened.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by bigman
1st, i wont be surprised if your TL has motor problems in the future for racing and keeping the revs up for so long, and also its not all your fault, butif you two werent racing, this accident might have not happened.
WTF are you talking about... keeping what revs up for how long????????? do you people read the post here or do you just jump on s*it when you see someone else do it? We were never racing....... We were Speeding Yes....Racing No..... It's none of my fault... NONE AT ALL ....

READ THE FULL POST BEFORE JUMP ON SOMEONE........

:thefinger