G35 & CL TypeS at the Track!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 02:30 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The G35 looks just like the new Caddy CTS FUGLY!!! In the mag. where there side by side the front is almost identical. Don't people have to see there car that they own and be proud of it If I owned a G35, I would have to buy the body kit, slam the hell out of it, and put dubs on it just to justify the 35K. Wait... come to think of it... If I put a kit, slam, dubs on any car it would look pretty damn good :p

PERIOD the TL-S covers all the bases when it comes to performance, stock looks or modded, luxury, standard features, price, and reliability. END OF STORY:p
Old 07-10-2002, 09:12 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mantis23, I'm not sure I plan to go out there any time soon, I'm not in a mod'ing mode just yet.. have to get some 'real life' things accomplished before I think about supercharging or turboing the G35.. then I will have to try her out again. I used to race my vette quite often with the club, and I know the toll the car pays afterwards.

STi, since when is 0-100 the benchmark, who won the 0-60? Just an Observation

DHB, thank you, I appreciate it.

BFOR3, you just weird man; slamming and dubs, sheesh.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:56 AM
Dr. TLS

Originally posted by kevcarart.com

STi, since when is 0-100 the benchmark, who won the 0-60? Just an Observation

I think STi brought that up only when someone CLAIMED that the G35 beat the TL-S in every category in the magazine test.
Old 07-10-2002, 01:25 PM
Advanced

no problem...
Old 07-10-2002, 07:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm going to buy a used G35 in a year. From what I've read, it'll be the best $16,000 I spend.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:12 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
First off Nissan troll that CL-S was a auto and not a 6speed. A 6speed would blown the doors off that G35. Also 0-100 is a better test than 0-60. 0-60 tests are way overrated.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by RAdams
I'm going to buy a used G35 in a year. From what I've read, it'll be the best $16,000 I spend.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:00 AM
Dr. TLS

Originally posted by truthoffacts

Okay so the G35 beat the tls in every single category except one.

Go have your party now.
And still after all that, it's selling around 3000 units a month, whereas the TL sells around 5000 a month and the design is almost two years old. Obviously most people realize that there are other aspects to a car than just performance. And about the party, yes I have been having one continuously for almost 16 month now in my TLS.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:01 AM
Dr. TLS

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life
First off Nissan troll that CL-S was a auto and not a 6speed. A 6speed would blown the doors off that G35. Also 0-100 is a better test than 0-60. 0-60 tests are way overrated.
Originally posted by RAdams

LoL
Old 07-11-2002, 08:06 AM
Dr. TLS

It's sad that some G35 owners come out here and start bashing the TLS and forces us TLS owners to return fire and talk bad about a car that we otherwise really like (for the most part, with a few exceptions). Oh well, their insecurity is beyond our control. Atleast they are feeling insecure because of the right car ().
Old 07-11-2002, 01:36 PM
Intermediate

My first post.... (member of acura-cl.com too)

Let me start by saying....... I have been a fan of this forum since 2000. I happend to come accross it while researching for 2nd Gen CL-S. Since then, I have visited this web site almost religiously, but never had urge to write a post or reply to one. Like most of you, I too read car magazines like they were the bible. I visit all the online car review sites or sport enthusiast forums. I have been a long time Honda/Acura customer

01-CLS
98-Accord coupe EX V6
96 Acura Integra LS (wife)
94 Accord LX
91 Accord LX
and I love their products. Well enough said about me......Let me get to the point.

2 weeks ago, I leased my first Nissan/Infiniti product (G35). After refusing the trend of rear wheel drive cars, and sticking loyaly to Acura and Honda, I could not resits any longer. I knew this car was going to give BMW, Lexus, MB, Audi something to worry about. July Road and Track and August Motortrend just confirmed that the Infiniti was a better car for the "money". I agree. I still love the way BMW looks, I love the Audi interior and that Quattro, the IS300 is one fun looking car and the MB, is pure elegance. But for perfomance, value, good looks (except the back tailights) there is nothing better than the G35.

So folks..........I love my CL-S (my daily driver) My wife and my upcoming first boy will be transported on the G35. Here is a quick comparison with my 2 car.

* the are not in the same class, so don't compare them.
*G35 is much, much better in the turns, brakes and overall handling...(no surprise there)
*G35 is faster (I'm sorry to admit it, but it is)
*CL-S engine sound is like no other......sorry Nissan, but you can't make engines like Honda.
*CL-S front wheel drive is the best in the market, but can't compete with RWD.
*CL-S will stay with G35 in the upper band. I have not raced my wife (I won't either, cuz she is pregnant) but I know cars, and It will keep up. However, the gear rations of 4th and 5th kill our CL-S and TL-S
*Fit and finish is a toss up. Marginally better is that Acura. Only time will tell.
*Interior- Acura.........the seats of the CL-S are almost perfect.
*G35 has the sounds .......200 Bose Watts can't be wrong.
*G35 xenon with the integrated fogs are cool.......is better looking.
*Acura- Tranmission is much faster to shift when using SS. This is quite noticeable and I love that gate is to the left towards me and not toward the passager. If only 4th was not an overdrive gear, this car will be much better. (I guess the 6sp Cls has fixed that problem)

**IF ONLY ACURA TL-S WAS RWD, i would buy one over the G35. Period.

I can't think of any other right now.........but don't get me wrong.
I really, really, love my CL-S and I plan to keep it. I will add some Headers and CAI, sway bars. So far I have only added 235/45 to the stock wheels and it has made much improvement in handling. Best of all, I don't peel out as much as I did with the michelins.

Regarding the 0-100 numbers.....every magazine obtains different times as we all know due to weather, track, wind...ect conditions. I have in front of me a CAR And DRIVER issue of May 02, where the tested the G35 and it posted 0-100 @ 16.0 BUT!!! it only produced a 14.9 1/4 @96mph.
If you read Road and Track 07/2002, the TL produces 14.9 while the G35 runs at 14.7.

Let me just add something else....Motortrend August edition ran a 14.6 with the G35, which is a number I have not see on ANY professional published magazine, professional online review for a TL or CL type S. But, I KNOW for a fact my brothers at ACURA-CL.com have acheive those numbers with Automatics CL-S and CAI.

There you have it my brothers.....my .02$
Old 07-12-2002, 12:51 AM
STi
Racer

Okay so the G35 beat the tls in every single category except one.

Go have your party now.
i pointed that out to show you that after all the time wasted in tire-spinning, the TL can CATCH UP and BEAT the g35 in high RPM
that shows true horsepower, the rate power is delivered (if you didn't know ) so after having all the advantages, and still loses, that probably means, (WHAT, AGAIN!? ) false hp claim by nissan

oh well, it's still a very decent car none the less, very good handling, but i'm pointing things out to show you that you're not talking the truth because your not supporting it with facts
Old 07-12-2002, 12:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by STi
hey guys, take it easy!!
why can't we have friendly discussions??

here's an interesting thing in the july R&T issue
in the acceleration test, despite the TL being heavier, having less torque and the fact that it's a FWD with crappier tires and more drag and a not-so-close ration gear box, the TL-S pulls on the G35 in the 0-100mph test... how did that happen??
You answered your own question. "not-so-close ratio gear box".
The TLS is in 3rd all the way to 100. The G35 has to shift.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:40 PM
STi
Racer

so using that logic, your saying that when the g35 gets manual, he can just keep it in 6th gear and accelerate from the start to beat the TL? :p because he saves SO MUCH shifting time??
the reason they have multi-speed gearboxes now is because they shift!! they shift to keep the engine at where the power is, higher RPMs, to make the car faster
because if pulling in third with less than desirable power from the engine is faster than the G35 shifting to keep the high RPM, then i guess the BMW engineers screwed up and put too many gears in the 7 series auto tranny? and Ferrari should just lose all the gears and save the shifting!
Old 07-12-2002, 01:46 PM
STi
Racer

Originally posted by j-maverick

Let me start by saying....... I have been a fan of this forum since 2000. I happend to come accross it while researching for 2nd Gen CL-S. Since then, I have visited this web site almost religiously, but never had urge to write a post or reply to one. Like most of you, I too read car magazines like they were the bible. I visit all the online car review sites or sport enthusiast forums. I have been a long time Honda/Acura customer

01-CLS
98-Accord coupe EX V6
94 Accord LX
91 Accord LX
and I love their products. Well enough said about me......Let me get to the point.

2 weeks ago, I leased my first Nissan/Infiniti product (G35). After refusing the trend of rear wheel drive cars, and sticking loyaly to Acura and Honda, I could not resits any longer. I knew this car was going to give BMW, Lexus, MB, Audi something to worry about. July Road and Track and August Motortrend just confirmed that the Infiniti was a better car for the "money". I agree. I still love the way BMW looks, I love the Audi interior and that Quattro, the IS300 is one fun looking car and the MB, is pure elegance. But for perfomance, value, good looks (except the back tailights) there is nothing better than the G35.

So folks..........I love my CL-S (my daily driver) My wife and my upcoming first boy will be transported on the G35. Here is a quick comparison with my 2 car.

*G35 is much, much better in the turns, brakes and overall handling...(no surprise there)
*CL-S engine sound is like no other......sorry Nissan, but you can't make engines like Honda.
*CL-S will stay with G35 in the upper band. I have not raced my wife (I won't either, cuz she is pregnant) but I know cars, and It will keep up. However, the gear rations of 4th and 5th kill our CL-S and TL-S
*Fit and finish is a toss up. Marginally better is that Acura. Only time will tell.
*Acura- Tranmission is much faster to shift when using SS. This is quite noticeable and I love that gate is to the left towards me and not toward the passager. If only 4th was not an overdrive gear, this car will be much better. (I guess the 6sp Cls has fixed that problem)

I really, really, love my CL-S and I plan to keep it. I will add some Headers and CAI, sway bars. So far I have only added 235/45 to the stock wheels and it has made much improvement in handling. Best of all, I don't peel out as much as I did with the michelins.

Regarding the 0-100 numbers.....every magazine obtains different times as we all know due to weather, track, wind...ect conditions. I have in front of me a CAR And DRIVER issue of May 02, where the tested the G35 and it posted 0-100 @ 16.0 BUT!!! it only produced a 14.9 1/4 @96mph.
If you read Road and Track 07/2002, the TL produces 14.9 while the G35 runs at 14.7.

Let me just add something else....Motortrend August edition ran a 14.6 with the G35, which is a number I have not see on ANY professional published magazine, professional online review for a TL or CL type S. But, I KNOW for a fact my brothers at ACURA-CL.com have acheive those numbers with Automatics CL-S and CAI.

you make many good points!
i agree with you most of the time, they're both fine machines excelling in different categories, but when you mentioned about track conditions, weather, etc... the most accurate you can get is in a comparison where they test all cars at the same day, yes, there can still be other factors, but that's the most accurate comparison numbers you can get
i love both cars, i would buy a g35 if i could, but i already have a 330Ci, which IMO, feels nicer than my friend's g35, but for a lot more money
Old 07-12-2002, 02:17 PM
Intermediate

thank you STI....

it's only my personal opinion and everyone is entitled to express their views.

I love BMW's....they are just too pricey for my current financial situation. But, in a few years I would eventually lease a 5 series, or look something in the same class....E series, GS, X-type and that sexy new A6.

My G35 /premium/no navi/hid, bose sys and 18x7.5 225/45/18 zr was about $34.5, which that would be a starting price for the 330i automatic, lets not mention the goodies I would love to have with the BMW. Those great HID, the fogs, gotta have the sport package, and the optional 18" wheels, HK sound sys....."premium" package I live without, but it would be nice to have it. As you know .........that's $41k, just a little to hight for me.
But if what I descripe above was priced at $35k, I would take one without secong guessing. But thats NOT going to happen and therefore we all use economics to decide how we can get more for our money.

enough said about the G35 guys....wait until the next new car hits, and we will be back here discussing its pros and cons. I just hope that car would be "04 TL-S AWD -280hp 3.5 DOHC, 6 speed auto" ........hey I can dream can I?

i'm out..........
Old 07-12-2002, 04:51 PM
Burning Brakes

enough said about the G35 guys....wait until the next new car hits, and we will be back here discussing its pros and cons. I just hope that car would be "04 TL-S AWD -280hp 3.5 DOHC, 6 speed auto" ........hey I can dream can I?

I would like to see that happen Then I'd trade it in ASAP.

This past weekend, some middleage dood in his G35 tried to cut me off and I guess he wanted to race me in my TL-S. He was cutting a bunch of cars off just to show me how fast his car was... LMAO

Ok...that car is pretty fast...but NOT THAT FAST.

city
Old 07-12-2002, 04:52 PM
Burning Brakes

by the way...the TAIL LIGHTS of G35 reminded me of FORD THUNDERBIRD..... which I couldn't stand.. the coupe is a lot better though

city
Old 07-12-2002, 05:46 PM

I think they should have called it a Nissan Skyline, that would have brought more ears to listen.

Infiniti=?????? No styling identity inside or out, are they sporty, are they luxury, what exactly is their specialty? For 28-30k it is a helluva car but for 35-38k, it is not a good value at all.

THis is funny. In my GS, I have had only 2 G35s race out of maybe 15 opportunities, I had a 2002 ES 300 loaner today, a dude in a TL-S and a G35 and a 2k2 Maxima tried to entice me to race, lol (we all know what the outcome would be ).

Young guys driving ES 300s=getting picked on to race
Old 07-12-2002, 10:44 PM
DHB
Instructor

Originally posted by vandy786
It's sad that some G35 owners come out here and start bashing the TLS and forces us TLS owners to return fire and talk bad about a car that we otherwise really like (for the most part, with a few exceptions). Oh well, their insecurity is beyond our control. Atleast they are feeling insecure because of the right car ().
That's assuming that the TLS bashers are in fact G35 owners which personally I doubt. I believe most G35 owners are probably more like j-maverick and have too much maturity and class for that.
Old 07-13-2002, 11:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by j-maverick

01-CLS
98-Accord coupe EX V6
94 Accord LX
91 Accord LX

Well let me say that I own a 2003 TLP antracite metallic, and I have been on 2 infiniti G35 testdrives, one without sport package, at fields infiniti glenview, and the other with sport at motorwerks of barington. Now I TOTALLY agree with you that these two cars are not in the same category, and really shouldn't go head to head! Now I love my TL to death, but I'm sorry guys, the TLS will get manhandled in the twisties by the G35 w sport package!! I don't care what mods you have on your TLS, RWD will win any day of the week!! When I drove the G35(the first RWD car I have driven in my life) I noticed one thing immediately, and that is how much freer the steering wheel felt! I'm sorry but even at high speeds, It still was soft as a baby's behind! Now our car on the other hand, has a stiff steering, which gets progressively stiffer(in an attempt to mask our torque steer) as the speed increases in the turn!

As far as Speed goes, The nissan is definitly faster down low!! the RWD helps the G35 launch cleanly, whereas I am yet to launch my TL without mad wheel spin(I know, I know, its the crappy stock michelins). I think as the rpm's and speed climbs, we should start to gain on them, if not pull even!, because we make power later in the band. The G35's engine also felt smoother!! Almost like the smoothness of the BMW 330I I test drove a motorwerks of barrington. I Prefare the Sound our engine makes at higher rpms to the more throwty sound theirs makes. Also guys, you have to experience drive by wire, and electronic brake force distribution to believe it!! I mean wow, those are ULTRA grabby brakes, and ULTRA soft Accelerators!!! I mean its so easy to launch the G35, because the gas pedal is so soft!!

So In summary, I really hated the syling of the G35, and never even gave the car a second look, until recently. I decided to test it just our of curiousity!! while I'm glad I chose my TL, their car isn't bad at all!! Its actually grown on me, and I may lease it next after my TL is done, either that or the BMW 330I!! My new favorite car is infact the BMW330I(can't bash this sorry guys), but for now, I'm happy in my "plain-jane" TLP!!

just thought I'd add my two cents!!! no flaming please I'm on your side, I've bashed the G35 harder than anyone else on the forums, but 2 test drives later(the latter, I drove the car hard, around the twisties at motor werks of barrington) and I'm beginning to really appreciate it!! BTW, I dig the car in twighlight blue, and ebony interior. The ugly back disappears with the dark color exterior!
Old 07-14-2002, 01:52 AM
STi
Racer

torqueaholic
thi is exactly what many of us TLers think, but the G35 people would just keep coming to bash our ride for no reason other that making themselves look good i guess

anyways, both great cars, just depends on what you prefer and are willing to sacrafise for roughly the same price
Old 07-14-2002, 08:26 PM
Banned

Originally posted by STi
torqueaholic
thi is exactly what many of us TLers think, but the G35 people would just keep coming to bash our ride for no reason other that making themselves look good i guess

anyways, both great cars, just depends on what you prefer and are willing to sacrafise for roughly the same price
Dude, I'm all over the haters!! they have to make themselves feel good about their purchase, and relieve some of their buyers remorse by DI(King is around!! I hate it, and flame them raw
Old 07-15-2002, 12:35 AM
Advanced

I hope you guys aren't including all G35 owners in the 'Hater' group

I like a good discussion like the next guy, but it seems some posters (or posers as they may be) like to stir up trouble and ruin the discussions for the rest of us.

We can't say it enough and I wish I could lock this thread.... 'BOTH CARS ARE GREAT, SOME PREFER ONE OR THE OTHER, WHICH IS TOTALLY FINE.. WHY ELSE WOULD AMERICA HAVE SO MANY CHOICES?! Quit the hatin' and enjoy other car enthusiasts posts. I love the TL-s and I love the G, I just wanted a G, no harm no foul right?

you have to know you're going to get trouble on the TL-s forum if you come here trying to down the TL, just as you would on freshalloy..

let's quit or :yack: the car posts, just enjoy
Old 07-16-2002, 10:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by STi
so using that logic, your saying that when the g35 gets manual, he can just keep it in 6th gear and accelerate from the start to beat the TL? :p because he saves SO MUCH shifting time??
the reason they have multi-speed gearboxes now is because they shift!! they shift to keep the engine at where the power is, higher RPMs, to make the car faster
because if pulling in third with less than desirable power from the engine is faster than the G35 shifting to keep the high RPM, then i guess the BMW engineers screwed up and put too many gears in the 7 series auto tranny? and Ferrari should just lose all the gears and save the shifting!
Spend some time at the track. You'll know that short gearing
doesn't always = faster track times. Especially when you're
talking about a car that takes 9/10ths of a second to shift. If you
have to shift to 4th gear to get to 100 that's nearly 3 seconds
you're spending out of WOT (no gas at all). If you had a 30
speed transmission shifting like the tranny does in our cars I
guarentee you won't be faster. Now if you're talking about a
smg that shifts in .01 seconds like the M3, then that's a whole
different story. If you took the data from that exact same test
where the 0-100 numbers came from and showed the 0-120 mph
numbers... you would probably see the G35 take that lead back.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:30 AM
STi
Racer

ya, well, the thing is, do you notice how much the RPM drops when the TL upshifts? in a VTEC engine like this, the gear change should be kept within the VTEC range, but it's not

on the other hand, G35 has better gearing to help keep the RPM higher, in this case, it should be much easier for the g35 to pull harder all the way

i don't spend much time on the track, once a months or so in the pass 3 years, tried few cars there, friend's g35, a4 1.8,3.0, mb c coupe, 325Ci, civic Si, integra Type-R, RSX-S, 6sp 540i... well, sorry i'm not as experienced as you, so maybe you could explain better what you meant? i was left in coufusion
no bashing, just discussion
Old 07-17-2002, 05:31 AM
Racer

Kev, you get around, know you from the Corvetteforum (I'm TexCorvette), and see you on freshalloy, now here? lol
Old 07-17-2002, 01:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by STi
ya, well, the thing is, do you notice how much the RPM drops when the TL upshifts? in a VTEC engine like this, the gear change should be kept within the VTEC range, but it's not

on the other hand, G35 has better gearing to help keep the RPM higher, in this case, it should be much easier for the g35 to pull harder all the way

i don't spend much time on the track, once a months or so in the pass 3 years, tried few cars there, friend's g35, a4 1.8,3.0, mb c coupe, 325Ci, civic Si, integra Type-R, RSX-S, 6sp 540i... well, sorry i'm not as experienced as you, so maybe you could explain better what you meant? i was left in coufusion
no bashing, just discussion
Let me see if I can make sense (I know I fail to quite often).
During a shift you're at zero horsepower... even though your foot is down on the gas... your wheels are getting NO power because the gears aren't engaged. The TLS in sport shift mode, takes .9 seconds to complete a shift. Now we have the exact same car but different gearing running a time test to 100 mph. (these are hypothetical numbers, I have the real numbers at home)

max mph in each gear.
--------car a----car b
gear--mph-----mph
1-------30-------30
2-------60-------60
3-------95-------105
4------130------130

So here it shows that Car B has a higher 3rd gear... meaning the shift to third isn't as high in the power band as Car A. But the power advantage of car a is off set by the extra shift needed to get to 100 mph because of gearing.

Since the test is to 100 mph, Car A would actually be handicaped, even though it would have lower gearing and spend more time in the power band. The shift point is poorly placed on a 100 mph time test. Car A has to shift 3 times spending 2.7 seconds total with no power while Car B only shifts twice spending 1.8 seconds with no power. If the test were 0-95, you would probably see Car A get the better time since it won't be slowed by the extra .9 second shift to 4th and if the test were 0-110 you would probably see Car A win again because Car B would lose it's shift advantage.

The time/mph test isn't all that proving... it's only 2 sides of the data. The true test is time/distance/mph. 0-100 is a really bad test when you think about it. You probably seen tons of races at the track where a car will have the better ET even though it has a lower trap speed.

I doubt this made any more sense than my last post... but hopefully you get what I'm talking about.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:40 PM
STi
Racer

ooh
i understand now, but you see? my original post was about how the TL was behind the G35, and then was able to pull back up and be ahead of the G35, i think that makes a difference
because all the way from 0-60, 0-80, the g35 had TL in its rear end, but if the TL was able to pass it in the 0-100 test, that means the engine works real hard, that's all

i drag race my friend's G35 all the time, we're about dead even if i control my wheel spin extremely carefully, because i'm on stock tires
Old 07-17-2002, 09:21 PM
STi
Racer

aw com'on hater! also spelled in the form of "truthoffacts"
they're both fast in a straightline, you won't tell which is faster at the drag strip, whi is said like i said because of all the G35's advantages, but in twisties, no comparison, why do you keep coming back and haunt us with your short, ignorant posts?
Old 07-17-2002, 09:47 PM

Damn magazine racers. Take it to the tracks or the streets. These cars have near equal power and weight, whoever gets the jump will win 0-60 and so on. My experiece though, is the G35 is stronger over 100 than the TL-S.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:57 PM
STi
Racer

i think that's due to SAD gearing... lol
Old 07-17-2002, 09:59 PM
Dr. TLS

Sometimes it's quite satisfying to see so many haters because they can't rest in peace until they get everyone to think their car is better. It kills them inside that not everyone shares their opinion.

-I love it when someone gets jealous of my TLS.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:06 AM
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by vandy786
Sometimes it's quite satisfying to see so many haters because they can't rest in peace until they get everyone to think their car is better. It kills them inside that not everyone shares their opinion.

-I love it when someone gets jealous of my TLS.
Jealous over a car?!?!? Man...life's too short for that bull$hit...
Old 07-19-2002, 12:33 AM
Vin
Advanced

I think people shouldn't argue about who's car or whatever is better and nonsense like that. Thats what I used to do in 3rd grade, when I we used to compare who had the cooler pencil case design, and who's had the most gadgets popping out the sides...

I mean, I still sometimes bust out my pencil box, cause it has the orignal Transformers on it, and I show it off to girls I meet.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:44 AM

The only people jealous of G35s are people on tricycles.

Damn, if anyone is jealous of a car, please don't look at the house......
Old 07-19-2002, 05:58 AM
Dr. TLS

The only people that are jealous of your tls are people on bicycles.
My my. Lets see. That would still include you, beyotch. You frequent this board more than I do and I actually have a motor vehicle of some sort.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:01 AM
Pro

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
The only people jealous of G35s are people on tricycles.

Damn, if anyone is jealous of a car, please don't look at the house......
Not sure what your motivation is to come to the Acura TL-S board to constantly bash the G35, being the Lexus owner that you are...smells of trolling to me...I thought you were above that...and I actually was respecting some of your opinions, but this is really lame.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:28 AM

naw, I was being funny, maybe I should have put on a smileyface or something...

I have not bashed the G35, owners yes, but I gave my opinions of the car. I think it is a great handling and driving car but the whole leaves me wanting....I'll state again, 28-30k a great buy for 35-38k hell no.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:43 AM
Pro

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
naw, I was being funny, maybe I should have put on a smileyface or something...

I have not bashed the G35, owners yes, but I gave my opinions of the car. I think it is a great handling and driving car but the whole leaves me wanting....I'll state again, 28-30k a great buy for 35-38k hell no.
Oh, cool...cause you can get one well equipped for $33k (I got 2k off of sticker so then it was just $31k)...all the other stuff is just fluff (spoilers, ground effects, etc)...

Quick Reply: G35 & CL TypeS at the Track!