fuel injector cleaning problem....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel injector cleaning problem....

ok i have the OTC 7448A injector cleaning canister.

2000 acura tl is my car.

i unplugged fuel pump
connected to fuel feeder that leads to fuel pressure regulator that feeds fuel rail.
recommended fuel pressure is 32-40psi so i set it to 28psi
started car and it ran for about 20-30 seconds then stalled

now it won't even turn over at all........

not sure what i did wrong or what to do now????

tech support open tomorrow so I'm thinking i'm going to have to abort mission today and call them but before i do thought i'd ask if anyone else has idea what i did wrong???
Old 01-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,737 Likes on 6,740 Posts
You may have flooded the engine.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Advanced

fuel feed pipe

i think the OTC adapter #82 was not the right threads to connect to fuel feed pipe. i think that messed up the threads now i try to reconnect as original and it still leaks at connection so car won't turn over since it leaking fuel there. must have been a very small leak with adapter on when trying to run canister.

i think i was suppose to connect toward fuel damper which i didn't find till after this screw up!!!

project gone very poorly as usual

think my best option is to buy another feed pipe and hope that the fuel line threads ok to go in that.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:45 AM
Advanced

ok now i could not get fuel line to connect to hose a fuel feed the seating bolt to stripped. i cut it out and put compression fitting on it. good news is no leak now, bad news is it will not start still won't turn over.

i tried clearing codes with code reader still nothing. currently i disconnected negative battery terminal and will reconnect figure that might reset eco maybe??

any other ideas? i'm guessing maybe cause some air in line now its messed up?? what to do???
Old 01-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Advanced

radio worked, lights worked but i just figured maybe dead battery even though it didn't even try to start or turn over, hooked up jumper cables and camp started to crank, took about 15 tries then fired up air must have worked out of lines. in the words of jonny drama "VICTORY!!!!!!!"