Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 09:54 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front turn signal bulbs

hey everyone,

my left front blinker just burned out and I have to replace it
i
I was wondering, do any of you know where I might be able to get a bulb that is either CLEAR or SILVER but blinks ORANGE ? (a part number or link would be great, I don't want to get the wrong ones)

I don't want to paint my orange bulbs because I've seen that before on my friends car and it didn't look that good.

- by the way... how stupid is it that you have to either go from under the car or take the bumper off to change the bulb.... that's really annoying -

thanks in advance
Old 03-18-2002, 09:59 AM
Intermediate

oh

are any of the bulbs in the 99-01 TL taillights the same size as the front turn signal? I want to get something in there that will blink until I can get the bulbs I want even though it would be the wrong color.
Old 03-18-2002, 12:01 PM
Racer

Re: front turn signal bulbs

Originally posted by ThinMan
hey everyone,

my left front blinker just burned out and I have to replace it
i
I was wondering, do any of you know where I might be able to get a bulb that is either CLEAR or SILVER but blinks ORANGE ? (a part number or link would be great, I don't want to get the wrong ones)

I don't want to paint my orange bulbs because I've seen that before on my friends car and it didn't look that good.

- by the way... how stupid is it that you have to either go from under the car or take the bumper off to change the bulb.... that's really annoying -

thanks in advance
LOL, you don't have to take off the front end to put in another turn signal bulb. That's when you put in an intake. In order to change your front signal bulbs, there are 3 bolts you take out with a flat-head screw (gently) located in front front of the wheel welge in front, and than you pull the flaps outward and reach in, turn the attachment left or right (forgot), and pull it out. Also, if you bothered to even look at the top links of this webpage, http://www.acura-tl.com/search/resul...d=accessories, goto that and scroll down to the bottom.
Old 03-18-2002, 12:54 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are not any bulbs like that which I know of..

the closest thing might be the Polarg G-Series bubls, which are not completely silver, but are less orange thatn stock and blink amber..

What I'm planning on doing soon is to paint the fronts with high temp silver paint and that way it will be silver when off, and orange when lit..

oh, and there are no bulbs from the rears that will work in the fronts..

Front = 1157
Rear = 1156 modified
Old 03-18-2002, 02:05 PM
Burning Brakes

What I'm planning on doing soon is to paint the fronts with high temp silver paint and that way it will be silver when off, and orange when lit..

Definitely keep us posted on how this works out.
Old 03-18-2002, 03:12 PM
Intermediate

Re: Re: front turn signal bulbs

Originally posted by tl-kode16

Also, if you bothered to even look at the top links of this webpage, http://www.acura-tl.com/search/resul...d=accessories, goto that and scroll down to the bottom.
listen moron, I looked at the bulbs on there and none of them are exactly what I was looking for so you can stop trying to sound like you're better than me

I didn't see what I wanted and chose to ask people that might be able to help, you (very clearly) are not in that group

and the wonderful advice you gave me was what I said in my post... you have to reach up from under the car to get to the bulbs- either that or take the bumper off
Old 03-18-2002, 03:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Edub-TL

the closest thing might be the Polarg G-Series bubls, which are not completely silver, but are less orange thatn stock and blink amber..

Front = 1157
Rear = 1156 modified
thank you!!

my friend painted his bulbs in his TL but they look a bit runny up close and they are pretty dim when they're on... maybe he used too much paint but I saw that you needed a lot of paint or they looked orange
Old 03-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Intermediate

This is a link to my friend's cleared headlight and painted bulb

http://members.aol.com/blehbleh00/IMG_0158.JPG

as you can see there is no yellow in it but like I said before, it was dim and looked...eh.. up close

This is the look I was want but without modding the bulb

I guess I have no other choice
Old 03-18-2002, 03:43 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: front turn signal bulbs

Originally posted by ThinMan
listen moron, I looked at the bulbs on there and none of them are exactly what I was looking for so you can stop trying to sound like you're better than me
totally uncalled for saying things like that will not get you help
Old 03-18-2002, 05:24 PM
Intermediate

Re: Re: Re: Re: front turn signal bulbs

Originally posted by fahoumh
totally uncalled for saying things like that will not get you help
it wasn't towards you

++++++++

I can't stand these people that say things or act a certain way on the internet that they would probably never do in person

I didn't come onto here with an attitude so I don't like getting the "I'm better/smarter than you attitude" when I ask a simple question
Old 03-18-2002, 05:33 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Edub-TL

Front = 1157
Rear = 1156 modified
Edub, i wouldnt paint the bulbs, i tried that yesterday when i cleared my headlights (click here) and when the light comes on it looks awful. You can see all the variations of the paint. You can see where it went on too thin and too thick. Looks really bad. I would just use the clear 1157 bulbs, it looks amber against the HID.
Old 03-18-2002, 06:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by nameeri

Edub, i wouldnt paint the bulbs, i tried that yesterday when i cleared my headlights (click here) and when the light comes on it looks awful. You can see all the variations of the paint. You can see where it went on too thin and too thick. Looks really bad. I would just use the clear 1157 bulbs, it looks amber against the HID.
I agree with you about how it looks blotchy that's why I was looking to find a bulb that was silver but blinked orange

With cleared corners the orange bulb really stands out and I don't want to put clear lights in there because that's just asking to get a ticket (as if the clear corners wasn't right?)

oh well