Front and Rear Underdash NEONS with PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Just chillen..

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Front and Rear Underdash NEONS with PICS

Installed (4) 9" Mini White Rods. Streetglow, which came with a jack that had a switch on it. It gets connected to the cig lighter which is located underneath the console on the arm rest area. Let me know how it is.

Will post more pics, its just a preview. It you need product info and setup information, let me know, will gladly help. Thanks!

NEXT MOD: Acura Door Sills With Neon Underneath, White Interior Bulbs!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
OMG ... is it neon and cold cathode season? This is at least the 3rd m/f doing this in the last couple of days. Enough of that busted crap.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Just chillen..

Originally Posted by jpadilla
OMG ... is it neon and cold cathode season? This is at least the 3rd m/f doing this in the last couple of days. Enough of that busted crap.
Alright, let me say something, because you said it about the other guy with it and had to say m/f, if you dont like it, then dont say nothing. I just returned to Acurazine posting my first thread in 1 1/2 week, so If I had seen others with it, I wouldnt post this. So my fault if I installed peice of shit neons into my TL. And we'll see if you dont switch out bulbs into your TL, I'll def call it rice in your case.

Aint showing disrespect here, just sayin what I got to say.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
It looks great, but its not as exciting as blue or red neons.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Racer

It's your car, do what makes YOU happy. If people did not like them then Streetglow would not make them.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by VoLLy_1llusioNz
It looks great, but its not as exciting as blue or red neons.
you mean not as . so not feelin it man sorry. as for the person above who said if you dont like it dont post, if you dont want diverse opinions dont post up at all.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Back in a Type S

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's getting warmer. People are going to start doing all the crazy stuff on their cars now. Personally I would rather do performance mods, but that's me. Who cares what I think?
Old 04-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

If someone wants to spend money to do stupid shit like that to their car and they dont care that most of the planet is pointing and laughing at them then I support their originality and bad taste

Poser junk like colored hose covers, fuzzy dice, fake cellular phone antennas, and plastic Brembo caliper covers are a huge market and AutoZone even provides the ricer community with a special aisle for all their fake accessory needs.

Let us know when the fake BMW shark fin antenna you bough on eBay comes in
Old 04-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Just chillen..

Well I see where this is going. I'll admit its rice, it doesnt take a dumbass to know its rice, I just thought I would try something new. I would do performance mods, but Im waiting for summer to answer your question. Now, when it comes to other people's opinion, Im well enough to listen to it. I'll just take them off, and give them to my friend or something. Its just shows how the commuinty shows respect in every way. Good lookin everyone.

Funny, I guess the RL's light is rice too, should complain to Acura about that.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:36 PM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

for the people that complain about people posting things you dont want to see. dont respond if you respond there is a better chance that someone else is going to respond due to the fact that it stays at the top of the treads page longer. unless you really like to complain and you dont have anything better to do. like me.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all i can say is....doo youu...its cooler to do what you do instead of doing wat someone else wants you to doo even though its lame.....anyway..yea i htink ur project was pretty ricey.....why put neons in a TL? do you see neons in a Mercedez or a bmw....never...buh who cares wat i think.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Racer

Free speech works both ways. You get to post pics of your ugly car and we get to make fun of it. If you dont like hearing criticism dont post pics of your ricebox.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:24 AM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

hey at least he isnt making his TL like yours. i hate it when people do the same thing as i do.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:09 AM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well then i guess the stock footwell lighting on the AUDI A6 is considered RICE THEN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK ALL YOU WHO SAY ITS RICE ETC. White footwell curtesy lights is not rice so FUCK OFF.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Skeet Skeet Skeet

looks aight atleast its not under the car like i initially thought....its your so u can do whatever you want with it
Old 04-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Intermediate

holy sheittttttt.....gang warrrrrrr
Old 04-14-2006, 01:24 AM
99TL-p 114K

YA DAMN RIGHT ITS A FUCKEN WARRR, for any of you who have a problem with footwell lighting, go take a look at some of the new Lexus and the AUDI A6.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:31 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by dvsxlt247
Well then i guess the stock footwell lighting on the AUDI A6 is considered RICE THEN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK ALL YOU WHO SAY ITS RICE ETC. White footwell curtesy lights is not rice so FUCK OFF.
it is when u have wires all over the place and use zip ties to mount them. if u want that shit, then get a damn lexus or audi ... quit trying to be like one.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Back in the slow lane.

Jeesh guys, lighten up. It's his car, if he likes what he does to it, that's his business. Not everybody is going to like everything everybody does to their cars. It may not be my thing, but I'm not gonna bash him cause he likes it.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:54 AM
In 702, 808 in Dreams

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
being different does not necessary mean bad. i mean people can do what they want to there car. i mean take a look at our TLs. no one in there right mind would build one right?? only old people buy TLs. but we are all different. so just give the guy a break and let him be different. cause there is nothing wrong with being different not everyone wants there TL to be the same.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Just chillen..

First of all I aint know that this is going to get out of hand.. Its not like Im putting 4 exhaust pipes, a BMW fin antenna, LED washers, a neon rod in the grill, neon lights in my rims, LED exhaust, underglows, LED scanners, or a big oversized fucking wing, or whatever else shit at Pepboys. If you call this one mod Rice, then you prolly havent seen no rice in your life. There is a TL Rice thread around here somewhere, go take your agression on them not me..
Old 04-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Hell with the neons, you are still using your tape deck?? WTF!!
Old 04-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Just chillen..

Originally Posted by TypeSDragon
Lets See......Monster Ipod Cassette Adapter, connect to my IPOD?!
Old 04-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Racer

Hey easy on the cassette player. I have a cassette Ipod adapter (but I have a portable mp3 port being added in 2 week). I like having a cassette player. There are times when my parents are in the car and they want to play there polkas. I rather hear polkas then them fighting while I'm driving.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Back in the slow lane.

Originally Posted by 1osunut
I rather hear polkas then them fighting while I'm driving.
Keep the car in VTEC mode, that ought to keep them quiet
Old 04-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it looks ok. If you're gonna put lights in the footwells, they should be a little brighter IMO. Maybe I just can't really tell from the pics though. A buddy of mine has it and it got a lot of compliments from fellow AZers. As for the poser stuff, I agree with most of the things like the plastic inserts to make it look like you have a BBK, but engine dress-up is not where near close to being poser IMO. Some people take pride in the way everything about their car looks and if they want to make the engine a little more eye-catching that's good...and it's definitely not poser.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Instructor

I think the white looks pretty good. At least it's not blue or red, or strobes or something. When done right, like above, I think it can look classy. Obviously so do people who buy Lexus' and Audi's

My
Old 04-14-2006, 12:04 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it is when u have wires all over the place and use zip ties to mount them. if u want that shit, then get a damn lexus or audi ... quit trying to be like one.
Sorry, but I would rather have my 03 ABP TLS than an equally priced audi or lexus right now, so why not add on "courtesy lights". Nobody is trying to be anything, they do it because they like it, there is nothing wrong with that. It would be kind of like me telling you that your longhorn boy Vince Young is overrated and overhyped and will have the shelf life of bananas in the NFL, my opinion, you don't have to agree.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Blazin with your Moms in

Originally Posted by FL3.2TL
.... Its not like Im putting 4 exhaust pipes, a BMW fin antenna, LED washers, a neon rod in the grill, neon lights in my rims, LED exhaust, underglows, LED scanners, or a big oversized fucking wing, or whatever else shit at Pepboys. ......
Damn you let the cat out of the bag. That was my list of mods for this season..
Old 04-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Blazin with your Moms in

Originally Posted by TypeSDragon

And your point?

Again, where is it in the Ten Acura Commandments does it say that you have to swap out your stock radio??

Stop hatin..he likes his car the way it is.. the operative phrase in this is HIS CAR!!!

WHen you make the payments on his car then you can tell him what to add to it.. until then STFU and STFD
Old 04-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Racer

If it doesnt DO anything then its poser junk. What do red hoses in the engine compartment do? You cant even see them except every 3 months when you change your oil. There are guys here painting their engine puke blue and putting 20" inch screens in their trunk lid (i guess so they can watch tv while they change their spare).

You can spend your money on whatever you want but someday youre going to have to sell it and no one is going to want your puke blue engine and $30,000 audio system with 20 screens or the 300 feet of duct tape and wiring zip tied to your seats that light up your feet while you drive.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Blazin with your Moms in

Originally Posted by flydog
If it doesnt DO anything then its poser junk. What do red hoses in the engine compartment do? You cant even see them except every 3 months when you change your oil. There are guys here painting their engine puke blue and putting 20" inch screens in their trunk lid (i guess so they can watch tv while they change their spare).

You can spend your money on whatever you want but someday youre going to have to sell it and no one is going to want your puke blue engine and $30,000 audio system with 20 screens or the 300 feet of duct tape and wiring zip tied to your seats that light up your feet while you drive.

He will get just as much for his modded car as you would for yours if you didnt mod it. I am sure he wont put it up for sale without parting it out!!!

Bottom line is if everyone did everything the next man was doing there would be no need for the word "unique"...
Old 04-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Instructor

Stop Hating. I had footwell lights in my 97 CL and now I have them in my 02 TL-S. They add a little comfort at night and I get compliments all the time.

Mine are hooked up to the rear parking lights and I have a kill switch under the dash. I ran a second set of lights and hooked them up to the dome light so they fade out. I am still trying to match the green of the dash lights for the footwell lights. Nice not rice.

As far as the pictures go, it is really hard to get them to look the same as in person unless you can adjust the shutter speed.

You might try to re-route the power supply to get the connection out of your arm rest.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Just chillen..

Originally Posted by special e. dition
And your point?

Again, where is it in the Ten Acura Commandments does it say that you have to swap out your stock radio??

Stop hatin..he likes his car the way it is.. the operative phrase in this is HIS CAR!!!

WHen you make the payments on his car then you can tell him what to add to it.. until then STFU and STFD
LMAO!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Just chillen..

Let me ask you something, fine whatever your case is, Rice not nice, or whatever the hell. Your doing performance mods there, so lets say that your going to somewhat race it? But I thought street racing isnt good, but oh no your going to hit up the track and race? But when? Everyday? I dont think so, maybe once a month.. But if your not going to race the cars whats the point putting in performance mods? I got rods, like above stated, it does sort of help at night, and girls love it.. Like once said, No disrespect, saying what I got to say
Old 04-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Racer

Most are a waste of money. The thermoblok doesnt do anything but I figured I would try it.

I needed new tires because mine were bald and my rims were all curb checked and bent by the guy who owned the car before me so it ended up being a little more to get some rims which are nicer than the factory ones. I didnt go and put some weirdass 20" wheel that sticks out 2". Putting rims on a car doesnt make it ricey if theyre classy and not some oversize crap that spins and has neons for valve caps.

The springs are great for everyday driving not just racing. The car is a lot more fun to drive and I will probably do the sways too. Its one of the few mods that you can actually use every day. I dont plan on spending thousands of dollars on junk like pulleys or iceboxes because the car is fast enough for driving around town and those mods dont really offer any big performance increases. If I wanted a faster car I could go trade in for Type S or a BMW.

Junk like fake cellular phone antennas and neon are for people that are insecure that need people to look at them so they feel better. They cant a afford a Ferrari so they do the next best thing and get junk like plastic Brembo caliper covers for their Civic.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by FL3.2TL
... and girls love it...

Haha ... girls ... listen up "young buck". I'm sure you know what BS to feed to girls to make them smile and giggle, and hell maybe even to make them drop their panties. Well guess what .... They know what BS to feed guys too including "What lights? Ohh, those lights, Yea! They are so cool. Oh they dim out when you close the doors? (driver's door opens then closes) Oh, yea I see it now. Wow! You did that yourself?!?! It's soo cool that you know how to do stuff like that!".

Anyway ... it does not matter what everyone else thinks ... you honestly should not let it bother you ... What ever the reason: get the attention, wow the girls, have money burning a whole in your pocket, etc., It's your money and your the one driving it so do as you please.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Just chillen..

Haha ... girls ... listen up "young buck". I'm sure you know what BS to feed to girls to make them smile and giggle, and hell maybe even to make them drop their panties. Well guess what .... They know what BS to feed guys too including "What lights? Ohh, those lights, Yea! They are so cool. Oh they dim out when you close the doors? (driver's door opens then closes) Oh, yea I see it now. Wow! You did that yourself?!?! It's soo cool that you know how to do stuff like that!".

Anyway ... it does not matter what everyone else thinks ... you honestly should not let it bother you ... What ever the reason: get the attention, wow the girls, have money burning a whole in your pocket, etc., It's your money and your the one driving it so do as you please.
Alright, say what you got to say.. The shit you stated about the girls are prolly the hoes in Texas, but over here, shit isn't like that. Im going to keep my cool and not say nothing else, because it looks like out of us two, your being the immature one. Take it easy old man
Old 04-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Just chillen..

Most are a waste of money. The thermoblok doesnt do anything but I figured I would try it.

I needed new tires because mine were bald and my rims were all curb checked and bent by the guy who owned the car before me so it ended up being a little more to get some rims which are nicer than the factory ones. I didnt go and put some weirdass 20" wheel that sticks out 2". Putting rims on a car doesnt make it ricey if theyre classy and not some oversize crap that spins and has neons for valve caps.

The springs are great for everyday driving not just racing. The car is a lot more fun to drive and I will probably do the sways too. Its one of the few mods that you can actually use every day. I dont plan on spending thousands of dollars on junk like pulleys or iceboxes because the car is fast enough for driving around town and those mods dont really offer any big performance increases. If I wanted a faster car I could go trade in for Type S or a BMW.

Junk like fake cellular phone antennas and neon are for people that are insecure that need people to look at them so they feel better. They cant a afford a Ferrari so they do the next best thing and get junk like plastic Brembo caliper covers for their Civic.
Yo bro, thanks for atleast showing some respect and now sayin bullshit like Jp.. whatever the hell is name is.. Just thought the neons would spice it up a lil, but whateva, what happened has happened. Apolgize for any disrespect towards you.. Take it easy.. I aint trying to start bullshit here, just trying to be friendly as much as I can.. Good luck on the mods..
Old 04-15-2006, 11:13 AM
99TL-p 114K

I got your back too son since i just did this mod also but you gots to see mine in person. They look stock.

Quick Reply: Front and Rear Underdash NEONS with PICS