front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front license plate

i got stopped on 206 north, here in jersey, around belle mead.
the officer passed going south...hit his brakes and u-turned.
i thought it was for speeding...cause i was.
i told him it was in my trunk, someone backed into me and broke it off.
gave me a warning, said he was entering the warning into the computer.

was he bullshitting me?.

i put my front plate back on.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Registered Abuser

Not sure if you can put a warning in the computer, but it makes sense....
Old 02-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hillsborough cops are assholes..I'm not sure you can put a warning in the system, but maybe he personally logged it into his pad. It aint worth it in Jersey to drive around without a front plate if you live around suburbs.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Pleasure Unit

NJ has some draconian laws when it comes to tags and registration.

We all remember the inspection stickers that went from 1 year to 2 years, from the windshield to the plate back to the windshield. Don't forget the $550 million inspection fiasco by previous governor Christie Whitman either. I'm surprised the private inspection shops didn't put a contract out on her for making them spend $50k on machines... then they recinded the test 12 months later.

Anyway, no front plate = trouble in NJ - leave yours on or expect a ticket and/or impounding (if the cop is pissed off).
Old 02-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Some areas in Wisconsin are also arse cops too...that's why I always put my front license plate.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by xanctus
Some areas in Wisconsin are also arse cops too...that's why I always put my front license plate.
Nah... ive never had one on, and rarely get hassled for it on the TL. Just keep it in your trunk and do the above stated method. Works great.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Not Asian

Well, it is the law. How can you get mad at the cops when they are doing their jobs?

I to have been pulled over for no front plate. I just accept it and put the front one on for no grief and peace of mind.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Oh I got couple of times pulled over by cops about front plate, and many of my friends also got pulled over with the same reason.
I guess Waukesha's county polices are just annoying...
Old 02-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by phipark
Well, it is the law. How can you get mad at the cops when they are doing their jobs?

I to have been pulled over for no front plate. I just accept it and put the front one on for no grief and peace of mind.
It's not the point of it being the law but it's a ridiculous law. Seriously what is the crime not having a front plate
Old 02-23-2006, 12:06 PM
FOR SALE - BM

i am so glad that i live in philly and don't have to put a rediculous front plate on my car...
Old 02-23-2006, 12:07 PM
I=X - optomos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I was in cali it was a law to, but here in georgia it's not & im glad
Old 02-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by xanctus
Oh I got couple of times pulled over by cops about front plate, and many of my friends also got pulled over with the same reason.
I guess Waukesha's county polices are just annoying...
never had problems there either (but im only there 4-6 times a year)
Old 02-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
WOW i thought VA was uptight about front license plates. Here its something that that tack on if you get pulled over for something else, but i havent been pulled just for that. I wouldnt dare drill holes for a plate in my kit!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Advanced

Front Plate

Yes, he can register the warning state wide, this was activaed due to the terrorist laws. The( police) reasoning is that cars with one plate maybe stolen, or being used to committ terorist acts (especially in NJ). In Ohio,or Ohiobama and in the Cleveland (thank you ex-mayor Lady Jane Campell now prof. at Harvard), and soon in East Cleveland ( we be broke cuase Onawar took da money) they are using with the photo cameras that clock folks speed, and running a red light. The funny thing is that it is not a "points" offence just a moneymakes,(100-200 bucks) for both locales . The police themselves have been putting the license plate covers on their cars as shown on the local TV, a lot of bigshots have been nailed. LOL Da new Mayha Frank "you don't knoe me" Jackson just loves em !
Old 02-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by rozslvk
Yes, he can register the warning state wide, this was activaed due to the terrorist laws. The( police) reasoning is that cars with one plate maybe stolen, or being used to committ terorist acts (especially in NJ). In Ohio,or Ohiobama and in the Cleveland (thank you ex-mayor Lady Jane Campell now prof. at Harvard), and soon in East Cleveland ( we be broke cuase Onawar took da money) they are using with the photo cameras that clock folks speed, and running a red light. The funny thing is that it is not a "points" offence just a moneymakes,(100-200 bucks) for both locales . The police themselves have been putting the license plate covers on their cars as shown on the local TV, a lot of bigshots have been nailed. LOL Da new Mayha Frank "you don't knoe me" Jackson just loves em !
I got pulled over once for having the plate in the window and the cop tells me , car thieves are the ones that put it in the window. I told him look at my front bumper I hit a deer, where am I gonna put it in my radiator. It's just to give them something to do, if he has a back plate what's the big deal.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

yea i ride around when im home with out it on most the time...

i always keep it behind my seat and its kinda bent and scraped up a little so it looks like it fell off.

usually cops will give warning. a ticket is like 50 bucks. but every time i ahve been pulled over for something else that they could give me a ticket for, they usually give me a plate ticket cause im not an ass when i get pulled over and i have a clean record.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:34 PM
2Poor 2Furious

Originally Posted by rozslvk
Yes, he can register the warning state wide, this was activaed due to the terrorist laws. The( police) reasoning is that cars with one plate maybe stolen, or being used to committ terorist acts (especially in NJ).
Damn, then all car enthusiasts must be terrorists. We'd all better watch out here at Acurazine.

I know here in Cali, they started ticketing for front plates more so their red light cameras can get people. I've gotten two front plate tickets in two different cities within a month of those cameras going up in those cities. And both of the tickets were when I was parked so they had their meter maids doing the dirty work.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:01 PM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i want to get rid of my front plate.. my dads truck doesnt have a front plate and has not gotten pulled over for not having it... hmmm and some people here in WA dont even have there front plate... i just dont get it...
Old 02-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Future JDM Whore

in jersey the cops are anal when its the end of the month so they pull u over for anything just to meet quota.....i zip tied my front plate it looks alot better than having it on the bracket IMO
Old 02-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

well.
i put it back on out of respect.
the cop let me go.
with a warning.
i was feelin the love.
he was white.
i was white.
it all gelled.
lol.

i had my 8 yr old son in the car with me.
he said 'hello officer'.
the officer said hello back.
it might have softened him up a little.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:36 PM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by joseph_99tl

i had my 8 yr old son in the car with me.
he said 'hello officer'.
the officer said hello back.
it might have softened him up a little.

hahaha that might of been a good idea... first time i ever heard that happen =)
Old 02-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by joseph_99tl
i got stopped on 206 north, here in jersey, around belle mead.
the officer passed going south...hit his brakes and u-turned.
i thought it was for speeding...cause i was.
i told him it was in my trunk, someone backed into me and broke it off.
gave me a warning, said he was entering the warning into the computer.

was he bullshitting me?.

i put my front plate back on.

He wasn't bullshitting. My wife got a warning for a tinted rear license plate cover from a Bridgewater Cop. Then, she got pulled over 8 months or so later by a Somerville Cop and she actually got a ticket for it because I forgot to take it off AND it was noted in the "computer"....
Old 02-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Advanced

Front plate

Unfortunely as stated before those states that require front plates are toughening up. In Europe , and Japan front plates are manditory. Just suck it up leave on. With all the terrorist laws that are now in effect it will get even worse . Our cars scream speed, and Ticket why push it . As in the good soldier Swenk ( Czech) smile, and salute but in your mind tell the what a bunch of crooked balnks they are . LOL ( that is one thing they cannot control).
Old 02-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Instructor

This goes to show you the cops that really do their jobs look for real crime and won't bother to pull you over for a front plate or a bracket on the rear plate. As for tint maybe they could be scared if the state has a rule were people can carry hand guns legally. But come on they must be bored off their asses to pull you over for something stuiped. yeah it happen to me in some hick town in northern WI, but again their so bored they'll get you for just being an outsider.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Team ABP member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To you guys in Jersey, do you know if they will give ppl outta state a hard time for it. In mass I havent had an issue with having my plate removed, I think its because its not a highly modified car.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Pleasure Unit

Originally Posted by sxlova07
To you guys in Jersey, do you know if they will give ppl outta state a hard time for it. In mass I havent had an issue with having my plate removed, I think its because its not a highly modified car.
No state can make the rules up for another in terms of small motor vehicle inspection items (details) like a front plate or tinted windows....

For instance, if you are driving a FL car in NJ and get pulled over they can't give you a ticket for no front plate or tinted windows - if they do.... you don't pay it... way too easy.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Yes it is!

Am I the only one that doesn't think having a plate on the front is such a big deal? Maybe I'm just used to them, but without I think it looks sort of bare.

Plus it's the law, so you know. I'm never one to cause trouble.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Instructor

i think our car looks waaay better without the front plates, from my experience living in florida where its not required, but back in NY now and its not that big a deal, so i put it back on
Old 02-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Blazin with your Moms in

Originally Posted by BMWKILLER
He wasn't bullshitting. My wife got a warning for a tinted rear license plate cover from a Bridgewater Cop. Then, she got pulled over 8 months or so later by a Somerville Cop and she actually got a ticket for it because I forgot to take it off AND it was noted in the "computer"....

Currently fighting the same ticket in Mass.

Mind you it was pouring rain..morning traffic rolling about 80 MPH on 495 South.. he was right next to me but a car behind looking at my plate. .and he couldnt see it?

Of course not ever hear of water trails/mist behind cars?..which is even more drastic when rolling off of a waxed SSM????

My defense will be Mother Nature and the Statie's poor eye sight as i will take a picture of the plate from teh same distance,..in rainy conditions as well as sun.

There are more important crimes to address...