Friggin Acura Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 08:41 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Friggin Acura Service

This may be OT, but I dropped off my TL today to have the sunroof noise taken care, get a new floormat (mine has a huge hole in it after just 7,000 miles) and get an oil change. While I was there I asked the guy who runs the body shop to give me an estimate on painting my new Wings West spoiler that I ordered from Tim.

Anyway, I just got a phone call at work from the guy at the body shop and he gave me a ton of shi_ for trying to install a non-factory spoiler. He told me that Acura didn't want to "get involved" with a non-factory spoiler and that it would lower the resale value of my car. In addition, he told me that it "wouldn't go well with the lines of the TL." He also told me that it was impossible to install the Wings West spoiler with just the tape. However he did tell me that he would be happy to transfer me to parts and have factory spoiler installed today while my car was in the shop. I felt like telling him to go F himself, he was condescending and basically told me that my taste in after market products was piss-poor. I was expecting them to give me the company line about getting a factory spoiler, but I wasn't looking to be insulted by the hump at the body shop. I have one thing to say to Acura of Boston.

F You!

------------------
2001, Satin Silver TL w/ Nav.
Factory Bodykit
Comptech Headers
Comptech Exhaust
Short Ram Intake
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
Inspire Tails
Wings West Spoiler (waiting to be painted)
CLS Rims on the way
Old 03-21-2001, 12:17 PM
Racer

I actually just got off the phone with AOB and instead of fixing the sunroof with the "tape" that many others have had done, he just had the track lubed. Plus, he didn't know if he could order just one floormat. I don't care how many floormats you have to order, just get me one that doesn't have a hole in it after 7000 miles. I was hoping for a lot more from a Luxury Car service center which claims to be the largest in the Northeast.

------------------
Factory Bodykit
Comptech Headers
Comptech Exhaust
Short Ram Intake
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
Inspire Tails
CLS Rims on the way
Old 03-21-2001, 12:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation

A hole in the floor mat? That's unbelievable. My aftermarket one has over 90K miles on it and it's still in one piece.
Old 03-21-2001, 01:03 PM
what?

Ooh - you gotta stop wearing those 4" stilettos - they are killer on any floor!

J/K!!

picking up my new car from Clair (in Norwood) on saturday... it distresses me to hear that you are getting anything but excellent service...hope it works out

Old 03-21-2001, 01:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I don't know how you'd wear a whole in the floormat, espeically since they have rubber as the backing. Anyhow, I would never tape a spoiler on, you gotta bolt that sucker down. I can see them suggesting the factory, especially if you're on a lease, but they should have suggested that you take it elsewhere instead of criticizing you. I can see them not wanting to touch a non-Acura product, especially a tape-on spoiler, just my opinion. I say take the wing somewhere else, they won't paint it there anyhow, so you'll save money going somewhere else too.
Old 03-21-2001, 02:13 PM
Racer

i got a hole in my floormat after only 5000 miles. it's from my heal digging into the part right below the gas pedal. when I swivel my foot from gas to break, it just wore a hole righ through it..... well almost. so can I go complain like you and get myself a new mat right now?
Old 03-21-2001, 04:37 PM
tea elle

This post had me laughing. I'm picturing one of those really large, obvious spoilers (I know nothing about mods) and the guy at the Acura dealer telling you that you have bad taste! I can see why you were offended.

------------------
2001 TL Silver w/ Black Leather
CL-S Wheels w/Pilots
Alpine CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 03-21-2001, 08:25 PM
Racer

ChaosityZ, they ordered me a new floor mat (no charge). As for the spoiler, I intend to have it bolted down, however, I could of sworn some people taped their WW spoiler.

------------------
Factory Bodykit
Comptech Headers
Comptech Exhaust
Short Ram Intake
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
Inspire Tails
CLS Rims on the way
Old 03-21-2001, 11:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

While his opinion as far as the spoiler "not going with the lines" of the car means nothing, I tend to side with him on the installation. I've seen more poorly fitting taped-on pieces than ones that fit well. Kudos to him for avoiding a potential problem down the road. If it had come loose some time later or didn't fit perfectly to begin with -- he's just taking himself out of the loop. I wouldn't personally stand behind something whose quality I questioned, either. Again, he didn't have to be condescending about it, but if you look at it from his point of view he does have a valid concern.

------------------
2000 WDP 3.2TL non-NAV